Author Topic: In major shift, CDC to announce fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks indoors and outdoors  (Read 31427 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
At some point life goes back to normal. When the risk from COVID is lower than the risk from other illnesses, I think we very clearly passed that point.

A) show me documentation that the risk from Covid is lower than other illnesses.
B) the tools we have to prevent other illnesses are greater than the tools we have to prevent Covid (flu shot, other vaccines for kids).
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
At some point life goes back to normal. When the risk from COVID is lower than the risk from other illnesses, I think we very clearly passed that point.
That would have been when 13 cases would turn to 0, no?  ::)
You can tell it is Kool-aid Frday!!!
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
That would have been when 13 cases would turn to 0, no?  ::)
You can tell it is Kool-aid Frday!!!

I'm still waiting to hear why you think herd immunity is possible and why Covid outbreaks are a national concern.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Masks helps to stop the spread of the virus is an extremist view? If facts are extreme then yes that is me.

I was pointing while hundreds of thousands were dying you were against masks and other measures that would save lives. So your position now has not changed.
And you believe masks should be used as a tool to strong arm everyone into getting vaccinated instead of allowing people to decide for themselves.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
I'm still waiting to hear why you think herd immunity is possible and why Covid outbreaks are a national concern.
I never said outbreaks were a national concern. There are concentrated areas/groups that are not vaccinated and should be required to wear masks.
The national concern should be if you are not vaccinated you should wear a mask. The question remains how do we know? In FL your nutcase governor made it so it would be impossible to know. 

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
And you believe masks should be used as a tool to strong arm everyone into getting vaccinated instead of allowing people to decide for themselves.
If I am wrong not a big deal except a little inconvenient. If you are wrong people will die. Which position do you think is extreme?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
If I am wrong not a big deal except a little inconvenient. If you are wrong people will die. Which position do you think is extreme?
The position that allows government to take full control of every aspect of our lives under the pretense of safety is definitely more extreme.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
I never said outbreaks were a national concern. There are concentrated areas/groups that are not vaccinated and should be required to wear masks.
The national concern should be if you are not vaccinated you should wear a mask. The question remains how do we know? In FL your nutcase governor made it so it would be impossible to know.

First of all, if the concern is local outbreaks, why is it a national issue? Second, how do we know what? If there are local outbreaks? Won't the medical establishment know? How do we know who's vaccinated? Who cares, if there are no outbreaks?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
The position that allows government to take full control of every aspect of our lives under the pretense of safety is definitely more extreme.
With your position we will all be dead so no need to worry about that.

Just out of curiosity are you in favor of a women's right to choose or do you feel government should take full control of that aspect of their lives?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile

That's a pretty anti-American stance. The only argument for government to get involved is if there is a risk to public safety. You agree there is no current risk to public safety on a national level, so I don't understand why you think the Federal government should be involved.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
First of all, if the concern is local outbreaks, why is it a national issue?
Stop harping on this local/national crap. Millions and millions are not vaccinated and can spread the virus. This is not local.
FL held supper spreader event after super spreader event. Then these infected people went home to there "local" areas.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Stop harping on this local/national crap. Millions and millions are not vaccinated and can spread the virus. This is not local.
FL held supper spreader event after super spreader event. Then these infected people went home to there "local" areas.

Since when do we prevent people from getting sick unless there is a greater public safety risk?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
The only argument for government to get involved is if there is a risk to public safety. You agree there is no current risk to public safety on a national level, so I don't understand why you think the Federal government should be involved.
There is nothing about this virus that is local. It can attack every person in this country. The only way to make it local is if no one every left their local area.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
There is nothing about this virus that is local. It can attack every person in this country. The only way to make it local is if no one every left their local area.

Since when is this about keeping anyone from getting sick?

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
And here am I, from my perch in (mostly) unmasked Crown Heights, along with many others from Williamsburg, Boro Park and KJ, rolling our eyes thinking: ישחקו נא הנערים לפנינו. Keep on making your arguments one way or another, we'll be happy when we aren't forced to wear masks anywhere. Until such time we'll continue to live our lives in our communities and suffer the nuisance of masks when going elsewhere.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
I love the argument that they are trying to control us or take our rights away. The same morons that won't wear a mask want to tell women what they can and can't do with their own body.
No one in this country is telling any women what they can and can’t do with their own bodies.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
No one in this country is telling any women what they can and can’t do with their own bodies.
I guess the abortion debate is fakenews.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Just out of curiosity are you in favor of a women's right to choose or do you feel government should take full control of that aspect of their lives?
I think you missed this question.  :)
@avromie7

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
The same morons that won't wear a mask want to tell women what they can and can't do with their own body.
I guess the abortion debate is fakenews.
Are you referring to women killing babies in their womb? Because I was responding to fake news that people are telling women what they can and cannot do with their own body.