Author Topic: In major shift, CDC to announce fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks indoors and outdoors  (Read 31207 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Not better to error on the side of caution? There are still large concentrated areas that are not vaccinated.
The other issue is a mask is not a big deal. I just got back from LAS and it wasn't an issue wearing a mask.
If we took politics out of the equation there wouldn't be a problem.

The CDC's masking guidelines are a big deal. I mask up in stores and other places even though I'm vaccinated and not putting anyone at risk. It's not a big deal for me. But kids in schools that are following CDC rules are suffering. It's insane.
And just because a mask doesn't bother me or you doesn't mean it doesn't bother others. For some it's a major hassle that causes headaches, trouble breathing and other issues.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
The CDC's masking guidelines are a big deal. I mask up in stores and other places even though I'm vaccinated and not putting anyone at risk. It's not a big deal for me. But kids in schools that are following CDC rules are suffering. It's insane.
How about we get all kids in school vaccinated so masks would not be needed?
And just because a mask doesn't bother me or you doesn't mean it doesn't bother others. For some it's a major hassle that causes headaches, trouble breathing and other issues.
Seems there is an easy solution for them, vaccination.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
No. At this point anyone that wants a vaccine can get it easily. It’s time to shift back to personal responsibility now that the cure is easily obtainable. Encourage everyone to vaccinate, if they don’t vaccinate and they get sick, that’s their problem. And the vast majority of the at-risk population has already vaccinated while  the death count is plunging to a level where you won’t notice the excess mortality.

Get on with life.
What about kids that don't have a choice? Should the government worry about them?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
How about we get all kids in school vaccinated

Vaccine only became approved for 12+ this week, I'm talking primarily about preschool and elementary. Kids have never been especially at risk and aren't major spreaders. Which other country has mask mandates on 2 year olds?

Seems there is an easy solution for them, vaccination.

Exactly. Get vaccinated and remove mask mandates, which is what you're arguing against

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Exactly. Get vaccinated and remove mask mandates, which is what you're arguing against
First you accuse me of flip-flopping which I didn't and now you accuse me of being against no masks for the vaccinated.

If everyone was vaccinated we would not need masks and be back to normal. The problem is those who are not vaccinated are the same idiots that won't wear masks and haven't wore masks from the beginning.

The arguments for not wearing masks are almost 100% political. For not getting vaccinated politics plays a part but there are legitimate concerns.

Like I originally ask how are we going to know who is vaccinated or not?  I have only seen smart a** comments to the question.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
First you accuse me of flip-flopping which I didn't and now you accuse me of being against no masks for the vaccinated.

If everyone was vaccinated we would not need masks and be back to normal. The problem is those who are not vaccinated are the same idiots that won't wear masks and haven't wore masks from the beginning.

The arguments for not wearing masks are almost 100% political. For not getting vaccinated politics plays a part but there are legitimate concerns.

Like I originally ask how are we going to know who is vaccinated or not?  I have only seen smart a** comments to the question.

What difference does it make? If you vaccinate, you're safe. If someone chooses not to, that's on them.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
What difference does it make? If you vaccinate, you're safe. If someone chooses not to, that's on them.
Can't that argument be made about a lot of things? Seatbelts as an example.

Are we really safe if we vaccinate?  How long are we safe for?

In the last few months we have made great strides and learn more every day. Lets not claim victory just yet.

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Can't that argument be made about a lot of things? Seatbelts as an example.
I don't think seatbelts are Federal because NH doesn't require seatbelts (only for kids).

Why are seatbelts a law?
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile

Really weak argument mentioning politics as a reason for not mandating masks. Masks are great at the right time and the right place. I have always been pro-mask, and still pro-mask for a pandemic without a cure. The fact that masks can possibly still help is not a reason to mandate them. Masks would also help in 2018 to protect against the flu, but we live our life without mandating onerous “solutions” for acceptable risk levels. And it’s not just masks that are causing more harm than good right now. Wherever you have masks mandated, you likely have capacity limits, shuttered businesses, no in-house schooling, terrible government services, travel restrictions, etc.

If you think that tradeoff during a cured pandemic is comparable to wearing a seat belt, you really need to get out more.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Are we really safe if we vaccinate?  How long are we safe for?

In the last few months we have made great strides and learn more every day. Lets not claim victory just yet.

When do you think a mask mandate should be in place until? What's your threshold?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
They have been easing when and where you need masks but don't let facts get in the way.  :)

Not trying to do a gotcha, but what easing are you talking about? It would be news ro me

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The Jewish community was hit hard at the beginning. If the precautions that we found out latter that worked were put in place at the beginning you think some lives would have been saved?

I think a bigger factor was how long it took people to recognize symptoms and therefore quarantine - early on, only people with fever and cough were considered symptomatic, and asymptomatic transmission was not recognized.  Once people started to be more cautious about going out with ANY symptoms now known to be covid related, as well as testing more exposed people, the numbers went down.  There were still new waves, but they were clamped down earlier.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
The Jewish community was hit hard at the beginning. If the precautions that we found out latter that worked were put in place at the beginning you think some lives would have been saved?

There was a massive PPE shortage at the time, and by the time the awareness and guidelines were widespread it was already too late.

A relative living abroad had to take a flight home back in March 2020 and I remember paying $10 for a single mask for them to wear on the plane.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Trump finally managed to infiltrate the CDC!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
When do you think a mask mandate should be in place until? What's your threshold?
Never! Let's strong arm everyone into getting vaccinated.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How about we get all kids in school vaccinated so masks would not be needed? Seems there is an easy solution for them, vaccination.

From what we see in Israel, I don’t think there is much of a need to vaccinate children.
Plus they are showing more side effects then adults in the trials.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
From what we see in Israel, I don’t think there is much of a need to vaccinate children.

Strongly disagree with this. You also need to consider that Israel as a whole has much better vaccine participation than the US ever will, so the risk of children getting sick is going to be higher here.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Really weak argument mentioning politics as a reason for not mandating masks.
The reason many don't wear masks is based on politics. That is a fact!!!

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Masks for those that are not vaccinated. Heard immunity sounds good to me.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
The reason many don't wear masks is based on politics. That is a fact!!!

They aren't the majority anymore. Time to move on. The reason MOST don't wear masks now is because they are vaccinated.