Author Topic: In major shift, CDC to announce fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks indoors and outdoors  (Read 31259 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Are you referring to women killing babies in their womb? Because I was responding to fake news that people are telling women what they can and cannot do with their own body.
Nice try but killing babies would be murder, it isn't in this country!!!

Seems you are not concerned about killing men, women and children by spreading the virus going mask less.

Keep being a hypocrite.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
I think you missed this question.  :)
@avromie7
I see you lurking but you are afraid to answer the question.  :P
Keep being a hypocrite.

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I see you lurking but you are afraid to answer the question.  :P
I have no interest in getting into this debate right now, but @Kobe Bryant answered it for me.
Are you referring to women killing babies in their womb? Because I was responding to fake news that people are telling women what they can and cannot do with their own body.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
I have no interest in getting into this debate right now, but @Kobe Bryant answered it for me.
It is not a debate but a straightforward question. So you are in favor of government taking control and telling women what they can do with their body. You consider that killing babies and you are free to feel that way but you are not free to flip-flop and expect not to be called out on it.
You and others here refuse to answer questions that don't support your flip-flopping!!!

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Strongly disagree with this. You also need to consider that Israel as a whole has much better vaccine participation than the US ever will, so the risk of children getting sick is going to be higher here.

We are getting pretty close to Israel. It may however take us a little longer to get there. I don’t think it warrants vaccinating kids who are far less likely to spread the virus ( last stamens based on Israel)
Another point is that we hard many many more covid cases then Israel....

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
We are getting pretty close to Israel. It may however take us a little longer to get there. I don’t think it warrants vaccinating kids who are far less likely to spread the virus ( last stamens based on Israel)
Another point is that we hard many many more covid cases then Israel....

1) I don't believe we will ever be where Israel is now in terms of vaccinated people.
2) Do you have a source for children being far less likely to spread the virus? AFAIK, that isn't true.
3) Are you looking at total cases, or per capita?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
1) I don't believe we will ever be where Israel is now in terms of vaccinated people.
What's your guess, 70% of population?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
What's your guess, 70% of population?

Only if we're looking at 18+. Once kids are included, I think we'll be closer to 60%.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Only if we're looking at 18+. Once kids are included, I think we'll be closer to 60%.
Even Israel didn't get to 60% of their population.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Even Israel didn't get to 60% of their population.

Without kids?

ETA: it looks like Israel is at 58.8 people vaccinated per 100 residents. I don't know if that figure includes kids, but I think it does.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 02:40:11 PM by Lurker »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
That's not good. I guess this is where I bring up "mandate".  :)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
That's not good. I guess this is where I bring up "mandate".  :)

Yea, except you don't want to tell people what they have to do with their bodies...

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Yea, except you don't want to tell people what they have to do with their bodies...
You have me confused with the flip-floppers.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
You have me confused with the flip-floppers.

Wait, you DO want to mandate what people do with their bodies?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Wait, you DO want to mandate what people do with their bodies?
I am pro masks and anti-abortion. Does that answer your question?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
I am pro masks and anti-abortion. Does that answer your question?

What about vaccines? Are you for them being mandatory by rule of law?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
What about vaccines? Are you for them being mandatory by rule of law?
Ones that are tested properly and have a great benefit to society, yes.
I can seeing adding this vaccine to shots children need at some point but not there yet.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
I love the argument that they are trying to control us or take our rights away. The same morons that won't wear a mask want to tell women what they can and can't do with their own body.
There is a massive fundamental difference between the two examples. The difference is externalities. Let’s use Wikipedia’s definition:

In economics, an externality is a cost or benefit that is imposed on a third party who did not agree to incur that cost or benefit.

If a fetus is a separate human life, then when a woman chooses an abortion she *is* making a choice that also affects others (because the fetus has no say in the decision nor the wherewithal to protect themself).

If unvaccinated people pose no risk of spread to vaccinated people, then when an unvaccinated person chooses not to wear a mask they are *not* making a choice that also affects others (because the other person now has the option of vaccination themself).

It’s highly questionable if the government should be allowed to mandate laws purely for the benefit of the person keeping or breaking said law. Seatbelts are a good example of a law which very likely should not be a law. The government should arguably not be allowed to intervene into an action that has no externalities.

(The bolder assumptions are hypothetical and for the point of debate. I believe the answers to both are more nuanced, but I tend to agree that we are at a point nationally where mask mandates should be ended but am in favor of disallowing most abortions).
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Ones that are tested properly and have a great benefit to society, yes.
I can seeing adding this vaccine to shots children need at some point but not there yet.

Where do you fall on personal freedoms? Should government dictate all facets of our lives? Should people have any choices at all?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
There is a massive fundamental difference between the two examples. The difference is externalities. Let’s use Wikipedia’s definition:

If a fetus is a separate human life, then when a woman chooses an abortion she *is* making a choice that also affects others (because the fetus has no say in the decision nor the wherewithal to protect themself).

If unvaccinated people pose no risk of spread to vaccinated people, then when an unvaccinated person chooses not to wear a mask they are *not* making a choice that also affects others (because the other person now has the option of vaccination themself).

It’s highly questionable if the government should be allowed to mandate laws purely for the benefit of the person keeping or breaking said law. Seatbelts are a good example of a law which very likely should not be a law. The government should arguably not be allowed to intervene into an action that has no externalities.

(The bolder assumptions are hypothetical and for the point of debate. I believe the answers to both are more nuanced, but I tend to agree that we are at a point nationally where mask mandates should be ended but am in favor of disallowing most abortions).
What about parents that refuse to get their children vaccinated and they die as a result of this negligence? Should the government protect these BORN kids the same way if not more than unborn babies?