Author Topic: amex delta plt/reserve 2021 status boost  (Read 1379 times)

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
amex delta plt/reserve 2021 status boost
« on: January 22, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »
get %25 bonus when reaching spending thresholds  10000=12500mqms

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline fliZ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: amex delta plt/reserve 2021 status boost
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 09:55:48 AM »
I currently have the Delta Platinum with around 30k spend on it this year and am considering getting the Reserve. I don't need both and the upgrade offer has no MQM bonus. However, I can sign up for a new Reserve for 100k skymiles + 10k MQM Bonus. If I do this (and cancel the platinum):

1. What happens to my Medallion MQD waiver? Do I lose it and have to start over with 25k on the Reserve?
2. I assume my MQM booster will start over and require 30k additional spend on the Reserve - is this accurate?

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: amex delta plt/reserve 2021 status boost
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 03:53:13 PM »
I currently have the Delta Platinum with around 30k spend on it this year and am considering getting the Reserve. I don't need both and the upgrade offer has no MQM bonus. However, I can sign up for a new Reserve for 100k skymiles + 10k MQM Bonus. If I do this (and cancel the platinum):

1. What happens to my Medallion MQD waiver? Do I lose it and have to start over with 25k on the Reserve?
2. I assume my MQM booster will start over and require 30k additional spend on the Reserve - is this accurate?
MQD waiver is across all eligible cards. So, no, you won't lose it.
MQM booster I believe is an amex perk so I believe you would not be able to combine spend on both cards if you close one.