Topic Wiki

For anyone who would like to help the families suffering, can donate here. Tizku L'mitzvos! May we always hear בשורות טובות!
https://www.charidy.com/cmp/karlintragedy/25980
« Last edited by yesitsme on May 30, 2021, 01:51:16 PM »

Author Topic: Bleachers Collapse In Karlin-Stolin  (Read 43965 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Bleachers Collapse In Karlin-Stolin
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2021, 12:50:18 PM »
Treatment for PTSD isn’t one-size-fits-all, and your average psych graduate without much experience can’t really make that much of a difference.
Is this how they’re going about it ?

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2021, 01:04:18 PM »
So you're suggesting to just let it roll....

I’m not suggesting anything, I’m informing you of an unfortunate reality. I can’t comment on what exactly they are or aren’t doing because nobody said what it is, but you bought up trauma and therapy in general and I gave you my general thoughts.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2021, 01:16:06 PM »
I’m not suggesting anything, I’m informing you of an unfortunate reality. I can’t comment on what exactly they are or aren’t doing because nobody said what it is, but you bought up trauma and therapy in general and I gave you my general thoughts.
You gotta assume they’re evaluating on an individual basis & deciding on an appropriate course of action appropriately. This is ABC

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM »
Even underage, if they’re in the hospital then a parent is probably there with them. Even some of the released ones probably still need someone to care for them at home or taking them to dr’s & therapy. I’m not so familiar with these cases specifically but a lot goes into these things.
I touched on all those things re insurance. I hope they raise enough to help with that too. And I hope they have experts help out with how and what regarding therapy. It needs no less if not more siyata dishmaya than physical medicine.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2021, 01:26:40 PM »
And I hope they have experts help out with how and what regarding therapy. It needs no less if not more siyata dishmaya than physical medicine.
From what I hear the Karliner Rebbe is making sure that they get the best.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2021, 01:29:14 PM »
From what I hear the Karliner Rebbe is making sure that they get the best.
Idk if you are familiar with the world of therapy but that is literally the most subjective thing ever. To be able to find the best fit in a few tries is a miracle.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »
Idk if you are familiar with the world of therapy
I am
but that is literally the most subjective thing ever. To be able to find the best fit in a few tries is a miracle.
One trauma therapist on scene called it a “long & expensive journey”. ה׳ ירחם

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »
I'm not going to comment on each particular question, because I'm not on the vaad Rabbonim and I wasn't asked to be a spokesperson.
I'll just point out something, and for context, I'll compare it to an opposite case. I know of a campaign that was opened recently on TCF "on behalf of the family" where the raizer wrote a nice sob story (happened to be true), and raised close to 100 grand. This campaign was NOT verified and wasn't marked so. Someone reached out to the family to know if it's legit, and was told that the one who opened the campaign is taking a 45% commission plus advertising costs!!!
Why the vulnerable family agreed to deal with him, is a story for itself. Pretty much the man raised much of the money and then let the family know, from what I understand. (At that point, the family has a choice to take $50k or leave it)
Now let's compare to this campaign which has over 400 people raising (much more - because not everyone has their own page), and not one of these raizers are making a dime. The organizers aren't either taking a commission. (Even Charidy is waiving their commission.) I know every one of them very very well. I also know all the Rabbonim in charge. Why would so many people put so much energy into a cause that isn't so important, while not making any money for their efforts?! And only a tiny percentage of the raizers were present at the collapse. The funds were collected almost entirely by Americans. But yet there's so much skepticism....

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »

But yet there's so much skepticism....
Actually, I probably shouldn't say that. Probably more like a few bored people here. Proof is the approx 12.5k individual donations.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2021, 01:42:56 PM »
You gotta assume they’re evaluating on an individual basis & deciding on an appropriate course of action appropriately. This is ABC

Why would I assume that when I've seen less from established charities with a focus on mental health, compared to an impromptu/ad-hoc needs-based pop-up. I’m not questioning their intentions or their motives.

My issue isn’t per-se with this fundraiser, it’s more with the crowdfunding mentality and a campaign that paints a certain picture and makes big promises they might or might not be able to deliver on. Someone hit a raw nerve in me when they brought up trauma, and maybe I’m projecting a bit, but that doesn’t discredit my position or experiences. If you feel it does then put me on ignore and move on.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
Actually, I probably shouldn't say that. Probably more like a few bored people here. Proof is the approx 12.5k individual donations.
There's always skepticism. You think everyone here knows all the things you just wrote?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2021, 01:46:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the explanations, I decided to contribute again. As I mentioned I was watching the campaign hoping that they meet their goal and it was disheartening to see the goal going up every time it got close. But I understand now there’s a lot more going on that wasn’t clearly delineated on the campaign page and will hopefully be clearer to others going forward.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2021, 01:48:07 PM »
I'm not going to comment on each particular question, because I'm not on the vaad Rabbonim and I wasn't asked to be a spokesperson.
I'll just point out something, and for context, I'll compare it to an opposite case. I know of a campaign that was opened recently on TCF "on behalf of the family" where the raizer wrote a nice sob story (happened to be true), and raised close to 100 grand. This campaign was NOT verified and wasn't marked so. Someone reached out to the family to know if it's legit, and was told that the one who opened the campaign is taking a 45% commission plus advertising costs!!!
Why the vulnerable family agreed to deal with him, is a story for itself. Pretty much the man raised much of the money and then let the family know, from what I understand. (At that point, the family has a choice to take $50k or leave it)
Now let's compare to this campaign which has over 400 people raising (much more - because not everyone has their own page), and not one of these raizers are making a dime. The organizers aren't either taking a commission. (Even Charidy is waiving their commission.) I know every one of them very very well. I also know all the Rabbonim in charge. Why would so many people put so much energy into a cause that isn't so important, while not making any money for their efforts?! And only a tiny percentage of the raizers were present at the collapse. The funds were collected almost entirely by Americans. But yet there's so much skepticism....

What you wrote here is one lie absolute sheker. Please be careful what you say.

THE CAMPAIGN WAS VERIFIED. If you would like I can get you all documents to prove that. The one who sent out the voice note has actually sent an apology.

Let me say the real story.

Right after Yom Tov the family asked that they should make a campaign BEFORE the mossed said they are going to make a campaign.
When they did announce that they were making a campaign some people decided that the people that opened the campaign we not legit. (In other words that they would not be able to collect as much if they had 2 campaigns [which may be true])

You wrote "Someone reached out to the family to know if it's legit, and was told that the one who opened the campaign is taking a 45% commission plus advertising costs!!!"

This is also incorrect, the commission is ONLY GIVEN to donation that are a DIRECT cause of advertising. Any money brought in by the family/friend IS NOT INCULDED.

I was directly involved, I wish people would verify when such claims are made.

Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2021, 01:49:59 PM »

THE CAMPAIGN WAS VERIFIED. If you would like I can get you all documents to prove that. The one who sent out the voice note has actually sent an apology.

Right after Yom Tov the family asked that they should make a campaign BEFORE the mossed said they are going to make a campaign.
When they did announce that they were making a campaign some people decided that the people that opened the campaign we not ligit.

You wrote "This campaign was NOT verified and wasn't marked so. Someone reached out to the family to know if it's legit, and was told that the one who opened the campaign is taking a 45% commission plus advertising costs!!!"

This is also incorrect, the commission is ONLY GIVEN to donation that are a DIRECT cause of advertising. Any money brought in by the family/friend IS NOT INCULDED.

I was directly involved, I wish people would verify when making such claims are made.

you misread, he was referring to 2 other campaigns going on, there're raisers that look out for great causes to take a fat commission
["-"]

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2021, 01:50:44 PM »
you misread, he was referring to 2 other campaigns going on, there're raisers that look out for great causes to take a fat commission
I read what he wrote and I am saying that what he wrote is a fat lie.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2021, 01:52:40 PM »
I read what he wrote and I am saying that what he wrote is a fat lie.
the campaign on the chesed fund I would not consider legit, he was referring to TCF
["-"]

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
the campaign on the chesed fund I would not consider legit, he was referring to TCF

Really why was it not legit?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

When they did announce that they were making a campaign some people decided that the people that opened the campaign we not legit. (In other words that they would not be able to collect as much if they had 2 campaigns [which may be true])

You wrote "Someone reached out to the family to know if it's legit, and was told that the one who opened the campaign is taking a 45% commission plus advertising costs!!!"

I was directly involved, I wish people would verify when such claims are made.
You made an assumption about which campaign I'm referring to. I'm specifically referring to a campaign which was NOT verified. And I personally spoke with a family member in the case I'm referring to, as well as another fellow close to the family. I'm not sure which voicenote you're talking about, and I'm not convinced were talking about the same project. FYI, there are dozens of campaigns opened on TCF each month.