Author Topic: Honeymoon: BOB, MLE, Or LIH?  (Read 82743 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Honeymoon: BOB, MLE, Or LIH?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
No OWB in HI.
Others here have been to MLE and will hopefully chime in on food.  Would be interesting to see if PH MLE would buy kosher breakfasts for diamonds :D  You might want to ask them if they have any kosher food options available.

Boo to the no OWB in HI. Decisions, decisions...

Yes, hopefully people who have already "been there and done that" to MLE will chime in RE: food.

Since I already had my (once in a lifetime?) Diamond status match from HHonors Gold, I think I'm going to have/try to status match Mrs. AJK instead.

I'd have to time the match so that a) I can have her apply for Hyatt CC to get two suite nights, and 2) be a diamond for when we go.

Problem is, I'd likely have to book sooner than the 3 months status match period to secure availability... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks for the help so far.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
Boo to the no OWB in HI. Decisions, decisions...

Yes, hopefully people who have already "been there and done that" to MLE will chime in RE: food.

Since I already had my (once in a lifetime?) Diamond status match from HHonors Gold, I think I'm going to have/try to status match Mrs. AJK instead.

I'd have to time the match so that a) I can have her apply for Hyatt CC to get two suite nights, and 2) be a diamond for when we go.

Problem is, I'd likely have to book sooner than the 3 months status match period to secure availability... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks for the help so far.
assuming you have two nights in suite i would get the free nights without suites then do diamond status match for the stay and ask them for your honeymoon if they can upgrade the non suite portion of your stay to suite

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 03:21:55 PM »
That's not a bad idea... that would at least remove the one hurdle of not having to wait until only 3 months out to book the hotel.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 06:19:58 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8423.0

Check this out. I wrote about kosher food... I had delicious meals every day... still working on the rest

Customs is no issue, they dont allow alcohol or pork, if you take meat make sure its labeled in english, in case they ask. Dont bring wine, only grape juice...

If you go in may or august its a low season because of monsoon. We were there during monsoon time as well and had 2x15 min rain, the rest was blue sky. YOu can get good deals for this low season time, we paid less then 500 a night... but the deals will come beginning of next year

As I said, dont get tied to a brand hotel for a few freebies, if you travel around the world go to the nicest place and sell your points. Even if you get a ow villa at the hyatt, you dont have your own pool. I know you are by the ocean, but chilling in a fresh water pool whenever you want in complete privacy cant be beat.... And the hyatt is not as nice as alot of other resorts in the maldives

@dan I had wifi,normal cell reception, BBM

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »
@dan I had wifi,normal cell reception, BBM
I guess my statement is just for VZW and Sprint folk then.  I actually loved being unreachable for a month during our RTW.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
I guess my statement is just for VZW and Sprint folk then.  I actually loved being unreachable for a month during our RTW.

VZW and Sprint have daul-mode (CDMA+GSM) phones (and exorbitant roaming charges IME).
PGF24BMGS

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »
If you have WiFi can't you just use that to make calls?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Still getting used to having wifi on my phone :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
how can u use it to make calls?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
how can u use it to make calls?

Via an app, I guess.
PGF24BMGS

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

Offline mguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
One of your negatives for BOB is the expensive flight from PPT. So did you consider Moorea? I know it's been asked before here how it compares to BOB and I think the feeling was BOB is just in a class of its own. But you're already considering other places...

I know someone who did Moorea a few months ago in an OWB at the Hilton. I saw the pictures - they were amazing.

BTW - This person is an accomplished traveler who does thorough research. If you'd like me to ask any details, I can.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »
One of your negatives for BOB is the expensive flight from PPT. So did you consider Moorea? I know it's been asked before here how it compares to BOB and I think the feeling was BOB is just in a class of its own. But you're already considering other places...

I know someone who did Moorea a few months ago in an OWB at the Hilton. I saw the pictures - they were amazing.

BTW - This person is an accomplished traveler who does thorough research. If you'd like me to ask any details, I can.

Thanks -

Which reminds me: last I read (on DDF) the transfer fee for the the Hyatt was like $1000  :o

Anyone know if its still the same or where I can check?

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
Thanks -

Which reminds me: last I read (on DDF) the transfer fee for the the Hyatt was like $1000  :o

Anyone know if its still the same or where I can check?
http://maldives.hadahaa.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/maps/index.jsp

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »