Author Topic: Honeymoon: BOB, MLE, Or LIH?  (Read 133497 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Honeymoon: BOB, MLE, Or LIH?
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:27 AM »
From Australia, much easier to get to Seychelles in premium cabin and last chance to fly QR at a decent rate.

Hmmm...

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
AJK, we are still waiting for the rest!!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2012, 08:46:29 AM »
From Australia, much easier to get to Seychelles in premium cabin and last chance to fly QR at a decent rate.

Hmmm...
What are u worried about, US can book them soon :D

Its a bit odd, since Qatar can book US now.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
AJK, we are still waiting for the rest!!

Hey, hey, look who's back. :)

Been super busy at work, but its on my to do list
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 04, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »
Just realized my passport expires within 3 months. Is that going to be an issue?

Also, just read this on the interwebs:

"Most Arab or Middle Eastern countries will refuse entry to you if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. Apply for a new one if this is the case. Gregeris advises: “Get a second passport and use one to travel to Arab countries and one to Israel. Remember however that second passports are valid only for two years.""

Need I be concerned?
what did you do to arrange this?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #425 on: July 04, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
Which issue are you referring to?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »
Has anyone gone yet to Seychelles?

As I mentioned on the Maldives master thread, I'm looking into going next month, but am seeing no HH availability, and have made a hold at the Sheraton there using C&P. However, reading about the HH properties down at Seychelles, and their description of the jungle makes it look like a more well-rounded vacation.
Granted it cost more miles from Israel to Seychelles than to MLE, but perhaps it's worth it.

Thoughts? Also, any advice on getting HH to open up availability if the website isn't showing anything?

I'm also holding out hope that the upcoming PointsBreaks will contain something faboulous in a similar location. Please pray...

EDIT: Has anyone ever used the RCI timeshares in any of these locations? Does anyone here under the age of 50 know what RCI is?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:55:38 PM by Reuven »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
Though I haven't been to SEZ, I can't imagine it can rival the beauty of MLE, especially in an OWB (which is truly the only way to go).

I'd hold out for MLE personally.

Then again, there aren't any jungles in MLE, so it'd depend on what you're going for.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
Though I haven't been to SEZ, I can't imagine it can rival the beauty of MLE, especially in an OWB (which is truly the only way to go).

I'd hold out for MLE personally.

Then again, there aren't any jungles in MLE, so it'd depend on what you're going for.

Agreed. However, I can't/won't shell out the full money for an OWB, and would like to use points to book at an HH. I would be willing any of their 3 resorts there (Conrad, Waldorf, Hilton), but just didn't see anything.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sheraton? Is it a waste?

I've read the first 70% of the thread and will try to finish it later. I'm just trying to keep my options open since it's only a month away.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
I don't have time to check availability, but there was none in the next three weeks at any HH property in MLE?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 05, 2012, 02:38:34 PM »
I don't have time to check availability, but there was none in the next three weeks at any HH property in MLE?
If you're asking me, I checked for the first/second week in August. I'm going to call them up in a few minutes to find out.
I just hope that my points transfer quickly from VA to HH.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 05, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
I don't know if this is a good price, but I see a water villa at the Iru Fusha for 318 in early August. Is this any good of a price?
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s1

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 05, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Was debating staying there on a friends and family rate. Not a bad choice, but no plunge pool.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 05, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
Was debating staying there on a friends and family rate. Not a bad choice, but no plunge pool.
Is that rate lower than the one I found? Is it refundable?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 05, 2012, 04:15:24 PM »
Is your $318 rate for an OWB?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 05, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »
Is your $318 rate for an OWB?

what the difference btw that and a water villa?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 05, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »
what the difference btw that and a water villa?

Same. Just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about a beach villa for $318.

Yeah family rate is $318 refundable.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 05, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »
So here is where I'm at, two primary choices.
A) Fly down to Seychelles from Israel, stay 4 or 5 nights at the http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/seychelles/hilton-seychelles-northolme-resort-and-spa-SEZHIHI/index.html?WT.mc_id=EPEMHIResconfEN for 50k points - 20% per night. Since I'm Gold, I would receive breakfast (if they have kosher), and free internet.
-I put this room on hold as a purchase, and when my HH points transfer, I will hopefully be able to rebook it using them.
-Biz class tix from Israel are 90k, although I saw that Ethiopian airlines seems to charge around 1k for my 2 month old.

B) Fly to Maldives and stay at the Sheraton for 8k + 150 per night. The transfer fee is 100 pp and around 50 for the child. The room is a smaller room (500sqf vs 1,000), and I don't have many of the amenities.
-Biz class from Israel is 70k.

The 2 Hiltons in the Maldives are a more distant option, mainly b/c I would need to pay about 1k for the transfer fee. If I swallowed this fee, the Conrad had availability for 50k (40k after discount) but it's non-refundable, so its a risk. The other Hilton doesn't have any availability using 50k, but as stated a few posts ago, they have water rooms for as low as 365 (after tax). This seems like a good rate, especially since you can receive up to 15 HH points per dollar spent, and if I sign up for the HH card from AMEX or Citi, I would receive another 6 points per dollar. Additionally, they have a promotion going on now that could make the final take be in excess of 30 HH per dollar (around a 20% rebate). But again, the 1k fee is throwing me for a loop, as well as these hotels not being refundable once booked.

Regardless, I intend on stopping over for a day or so s/w in Europe, since Doha is a gateway city, and the flights to both Seychelles and MLE go through there.

Thoughts?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #438 on: July 05, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
you might want to check what the weather usually is in august. it might help influence your decision

btw, which flights did u find to sez?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Weather wise, I saw its supposed to be dry, but with choppy water.

Flights wise, I saw 2 main options. The shortest was TLV to ADD, to MEZ in only 13 hours, and they had Saver economy availability. But they charge for my girly.
The other options all revolve around making my way to Qatar, and from there directly to MEZ.