Author Topic: parking tickets in israel on rented car  (Read 96157 times)

Offline miller123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: parking tickets in israel on rented car
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2023, 01:20:57 AM »
Got a 100NIS parking ticket in Tiberias. Site won't load so I can't pay online. I emailed someone at the municipality and they're saying my only option to pay is 1) wire transfer (which will cost more in foreign wire fees + conversion fees than the actual ticket) or 2) an Israeli CC, so both options are out. Any other options other than throwing it out? (I know that's prevailing opinion on this thread, but I'd rather pay 100NIS than worry about it down the line).

Separately, I was charged $22 by Eldan to transfer the ticket to my name. They specifically told me that if I let them know about any tickets received within X days of my returning the car, they won't charge me. I emailed them about it, never heard back from them, and got charged the $22 anyway. I want to dispute the charge, but I need to be able to rent from Eldan in the future- any dp if I'll be risking that by disputing?

Why would you pay the tickets I lived in Israel for many years and have bucket loads of tickets catching dust…
5hen I received from some Israeli collections that they won’t extend their hospitality to me on my next trip…..
And then I received some phone call about payment I denied that there’s even a state Israel only know of Palestinine and that’s were it ended

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 01, 2023, 01:42:45 AM »

Why would you pay the tickets I lived in Israel for many years and have bucket loads of tickets catching dust…
5hen I received from some Israeli collections that they won’t extend their hospitality to me on my next trip…..
And then I received some phone call about payment I denied that there’s even a state Israel only know of Palestinine and that’s were it ended

Nachas notes, we call the tickets. Eventually you get comical letters from some "law firm" collections agency in Eilat, trying to act all mafiosi. "We would like to reach an amicable solution that would be best for all involved, so please contact us to arrange for immediate full payment. We would hate for things to have to get unpleasant." 😂

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2023, 01:21:48 PM »
I used this link to appeal Jlm parking ticket, https://jeronlineforms.jerusalem.muni.il/Parking?rqstType=1
apparently once you appeal it takes 3-6 months till they follow up..

Offline Aron27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2023, 01:55:18 AM »
Got a 100NIS parking ticket in Tiberias. Site won't load so I can't pay online. I emailed someone at the municipality and they're saying my only option to pay is 1) wire transfer (which will cost more in foreign wire fees + conversion fees than the actual ticket) or 2) an Israeli CC, so both options are out. Any other options other than throwing it out? (I know that's prevailing opinion on this thread, but I'd rather pay 100NIS than worry about it down the line).

Separately, I was charged $22 by Eldan to transfer the ticket to my name. They specifically told me that if I let them know about any tickets received within X days of my returning the car, they won't charge me. I emailed them about it, never heard back from them, and got charged the $22 anyway. I want to dispute the charge, but I need to be able to rent from Eldan in the future- any dp if I'll be risking that by disputing?
I am surprised that a foreign CC wouldn't work for this. (Even when they say it doesn't). Try different types of CC - Visa, Mastercard, Amex. Also try random 9 digit numbers as tudat zehut.. I usually always get it to work. I have paid teberias ticket in the past with a foreign CC.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
I am surprised that a foreign CC wouldn't work for this. (Even when they say it doesn't). Try different types of CC - Visa, Mastercard, Amex. Also try random 9 digit numbers as tudat zehut.. I usually always get it to work. I have paid teberias ticket in the past with a foreign CC.
I can't access the payment site from the US regardless.

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2023, 05:27:44 PM »
not sure where this was discussed, but they wont stop people in ben gurion for small amounts owed
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/374007