Author Topic: AMEX Cell Phone Protection Insurance: Info, Experiences, Data Points, Etc.  (Read 14043 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Anyone use it yet?

First and most importantly, does the entire bill need to be paid on the Amex card? For example, can one pay $15 on the Delta Business Platinum or Marriott Business and the balance on the Platinum?

Other info:

What were the details of your claim?
What documentation did Amex ask for?
How long did the process take?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Officially you need to pay the whole bill: https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/select-amex-cards-will-add-cell-phone-insurance-next-month/

Whether that's actually required, TBD.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Official terms are somewhat vague: https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/policies/NAC-Benefit-Guides/Cell-Phone-Protection-GTB-4.1.21.pdf
Right, that's why I had their media team research it for me.

Of course until it's tested we won't know for sure.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I'm going to make a claim. Had the last months previous bill on one card, though. First I need to find someone in Lakewood who's willing to repair the screen and give me a quote...

Offline AJK

• View Profile
I'm going to make a claim. Had the last months previous bill on one card, though. First I need to find someone in Lakewood who's willing to repair the screen and give me a quote...

Make you claim? What did they ask you for?

Offline yaakovely

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Chaim Ginsburger (347) 598 - 8428

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Make you claim? What did they ask you for?
Just called yesterday. So far just a form with basic information.

ETA: see screenshot.

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Chaim Ginsburger (347) 598 - 8428
Fixes all types of phones?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Submitted a claim today. Entire charge paid on single AmEx.

Anyone have timing on how long approval takes?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
May 23:
Anyone use it yet?

First and most importantly, does the entire bill need to be paid on the Amex card? For example, can one pay $15 on the Delta Business Platinum or Marriott Business and the balance on the Platinum?

Other info:

What were the details of your claim?
What documentation did Amex ask for?
How long did the process take?
June 14:
Submitted a claim today. Entire charge paid on single AmEx.

Anyone have timing on how long approval takes?
🤔
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Not sure what you're confused about. The answers to those questions are either in this thread or I don't have them yet.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
DP:

Phone call to make claim (broken charging port and old battery): 6/14/21
Email from AIG with requested documents (see below): 6/14/21
Submitted documents: 6/14/21
AIG called and email for follow-up documents (wanted to see my phone was on the plan): 6/23/21
Claim approved: 6/25/21

All in all, excellent service, and I'll probably switch my bill over going forward.

Required Documents

CLAIM FORMS

Please complete the attached claim forms.

PHOTOS OF THE DAMAGE

Please provide photos of the damage.

PROOF OF ELIGIBLE CELLULAR WIRELESS TELEPHONE

Please provide sufficient proof of purchase of the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone model listed on the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone service provider's billing statement, which appears on the Eligible Card Account. This proof can include a copy of your Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone purchase receipt or a service agreement, showing the model number of your Eligible Cellular Telephone.

PROOF OF PAYMENT AMEX BILLING STATEMENT

Please provide a copy of your Eligible Card's Account Statement reflecting the monthly Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone payment for the month preceding the date the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone was Stolen or suffered damage.

PROOF OF PAYMENT PROVIDERS BILLING STATEMENT

Please provide a copy of your Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone service provider's billing statement. The statement amount should correspond to the payment made to your Eligible Card Account in the month preceding the date the Eligible Cellular wireless Telephone was Stolen or damaged.

REPAIR ESTIMATE

Please provide a copy of the repair invoice showing actual or estimated cost of repairs along with the name of the repair center, address and phone number.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
DP:
All in all, excellent service, and I'll probably switch my bill over going forward.
Please provide a copy of the repair invoice showing actual or estimated cost of repairs along with the name of the repair center, address and phone number.

How much did you save? considering the device was repaired and not replaced..

Offline AJK

• View Profile
$150.

(Also, I max out my 5% wireless category every year anyway...)

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Still in the process, but so far similar, very nice experience. The rep tries hard to be super nice and helpful.

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Still in the process, but so far similar, very nice experience. The rep tries hard to be super nice and helpful.

Has your claim been processed yet? If so, what was the outcome?

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Has your claim been processed yet? If so, what was the outcome?
Processed and reimbursed up to the maximum for a replacement phone.

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Processed and reimbursed up to the maximum for a replacement phone.

Nice! So that's a couple very positive recent DP's. Now I gotta decide if it's worth forgoing 5X on my Ink card

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
The back of my iphone 12 pro and one of the camera lenses are cracked, will that qualify?