Author Topic: AMEX Cell Phone Protection Insurance: Info, Experiences, Data Points, Etc.  (Read 13954 times)

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The back of my iphone 12 pro and one of the camera lenses are cracked, will that qualify?

I took a look at the terms. I don't think you'd be covered due to the following language:

D. What is NOT covered: The following items are excluded from coverage under the Group Policy:
-Cosmetic damage (i.e. superficial abrasions or scuffs) to the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone or damage that does not
impact the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone’s ability to make or receive phone calls;

Hope this helps

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I took a look at the terms. I don't think you'd be covered due to the following language:

D. What is NOT covered: The following items are excluded from coverage under the Group Policy:
-Cosmetic damage (i.e. superficial abrasions or scuffs) to the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone or damage that does not
impact the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone’s ability to make or receive phone calls;

Hope this helps
He will almost definitely be covered. One of the camera lenses is cracked. Just submit it.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
He will almost definitely be covered. One of the camera lenses is cracked. Just submit it.
On hold for half hour already..

Offline HoKo

• View Profile

Sure, doesn't hurt to give it a shot

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
The rep didn’t seem too sure about that

Offline HoKo

• View Profile

Yeah I don't think it's a slam dunk but as I said earlier, it doesn't hurt to try. Please come back and update the thread with the outcome once you receive a decision.

Offline Ankster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Re: AMEX Cell Phone Protection Insurance: Info, Experiences, Data Points, Etc.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 12:16:04 PM »
Has there been any updated insight on if a claim will be approved if only a partial portion of the cell phone bill is paid through the AMEX Biz Plat that you are making the claim under? I'm wondering if trying to utilize the wireless credit across several AMEX Biz Plats will nullify the cell phone protection.

Offline bendor

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2023, 05:31:34 AM »
Would this cover a used phone bought on swappa, or an open-box from Amazon/Bestbuy?

Offline TBD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
PROOF OF ELIGIBLE CELLULAR WIRELESS TELEPHONE

Please provide sufficient proof of purchase of the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone model listed on the Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone service provider's billing statement, which appears on the Eligible Card Account. This proof can include a copy of your Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone purchase receipt or a service agreement, showing the model number of your Eligible Cellular Telephone.

Anyone with Tello service filed a claim? It doesn't show up online by Tello the which device I'm using, how can I prove it?

Offline TBD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
A phone bought on Amazon/eBay is not covered?

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/policies/NAC-Benefit-Guides/2022.11.03_CPP-GTB_FINAL.pdf

• Replacement Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone(s) purchased from anyone other than a cellular service provider’s retail or
internet store that has the ability to initiate activation with the cellular service provider;

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Anyone with Tello service filed a claim? It doesn't show up online by Tello the which device I'm using, how can I prove it?

Anyone have an answer. I've got a phone with Tello. There seems to be 2 issues. 1) There is no bill, just a charge on the cc statement and a screenshot of the history. 2) The above question, how do I show the phone is linked to my account

Offline Natey

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Anyone have an answer. I've got a phone with Tello. There seems to be 2 issues. 1) There is no bill, just a charge on the cc statement and a screenshot of the history. 2) The above question, how do I show the phone is linked to my account
Is there no statement on the phone company website at all?

I don't have experience with amex specifically, but I filed a cell phone protection claim with another cc company recently using a prepaid plan that didn't show the phone model. I chatted with the company asking is this the correct IMEI connected to this account, and is it true that I've paid with the card ending in xxxx for the month of.... and they were able to confirm and I then took a screenshot and sent to cc insurance company. To show that it was actually my specific device I sent a screenshot from my phone showing the device name and my imei together that way that could link the phone model to my IMEI which was confirmed through the chat.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Has there been any updated insight on if a claim will be approved if only a partial portion of the cell phone bill is paid through the AMEX Biz Plat that you are making the claim under? I'm wondering if trying to utilize the wireless credit across several AMEX Biz Plats will nullify the cell phone protection.
Anyone know?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Ehad

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
did you end up submitting the claim? did it get approved?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
any update?
Paid only the $10 and they paid the claim! Sorry I didnt update earlier.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline coolmuke

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
How do people get cell phone protection with Tmobile/verizon? They require bank payment for auto-pay discount. Is there any trick?

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
How do people get cell phone protection with Tmobile/verizon? They require bank payment for auto-pay discount. Is there any trick?
Pay with a cc before the auto-pay date.

Offline coolmuke

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Pay with a cc before the auto-pay date.
Payoff the complete bill as soon as the statement comes out?

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
Payoff the complete bill as soon as the statement comes out?
Yup.

Offline RafLip

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 03:00:31 PM »
A phone bought on Amazon/eBay is not covered?

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/policies/NAC-Benefit-Guides/2022.11.03_CPP-GTB_FINAL.pdf

• Replacement Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone(s) purchased from anyone other than a cellular service provider’s retail or
internet store that has the ability to initiate activation with the cellular service provider;

My spouse got her phone from AT&T (no way to pay bill with CC, it's through a business where it would be too complex). Can I move it to my Verizon account (on my line, by switching SIM), pay bill with CC with cell protection, and then claim insurance?