Author Topic: Home Warranty  (Read 861 times)

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Home Warranty
« on: December 29, 2021, 09:04:07 PM »
Does anyone have a home warranty, such as this option from Sears for $70 per month, or some other option that they are happy with?
Thank you

https://www.searshomeservices.com/home-warranty/whole-house-home-warranty-plan

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Home Warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 10:07:23 PM »
On one of my rental properties, my tenant convinced me to get it.  I got the service contract from njng that covers the HVAC and water heaters, for about 40 a month. They added freon twice, and replaced a bunch of parts in my water heater. They do not cover whole replacements still not sure if it was worth it, but if you have an older system that are prone to breaking down but is generally fixable it would probably be worthwhile

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »
On one of my rental properties, my tenant convinced me to get it.  I got the service contract from njng that covers the HVAC and water heaters, for about 40 a month. They added freon twice, and replaced a bunch of parts in my water heater. They do not cover whole replacements still not sure if it was worth it, but if you have an older system that are prone to breaking down but is generally fixable it would probably be worthwhile
I think you can get a whole home warranty that covers all major appliances and functions for like $650 for the year.

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 11:39:19 PM »
I didnt look into it much but it was the regular njng guys a little more straight forward then going through a home warranty serivce

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 11:42:29 PM »
I think you can get a whole home warranty that covers all major appliances and functions for like $650 for the year.
Keep in mind that if you have 2 of an appliance like many kosher kitchens it can invalidate the appliance coverage.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 12:14:15 AM »
Keep in mind that if you have 2 of an appliance like many kosher kitchens it can invalidate the appliance coverage.
Good point to look into. I know the one that I bought was for selling a house (I didn't want the buyer to be upset at me if anything broke) and the buyer actually did need to use it and they didn't make an issue. It might have been a boiler or something that broke, though, I don't remember.

It was definitely worth the $650 or so that I paid for it as peace of mind that I would not have anyone upset at me if punkt something happened.

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 03:12:20 AM »
I had the Sears 10 appliances service contract for $650 mentioned earlier, and wouldn’t recommend it, And I will explain, while I had it for 3 years and during the first year my front loader washer was giving me issues and after 4 times of them coming to service they sent me to Sears to get a new one and I used them the next 2 years that I had the coverage for my fridge and central ac that I had issues it got really problematic that every time I had a problem I need to wait a week for service and usually when they came they needed a week to get a part and god forbid if it happened the week of new year.. so yes while as being a ddfer I made sure to get my money worth I realized that when some appliance brakes in my own house I will pay more but want someone ASAP, And if u realized all the comments above that mentioned it being good were written when they purchased it for a rental or when someone sold and if the buyer had issues they then wanted to be covered and for that it may very well be recommended…..