Author Topic: Score dropped 30 points  (Read 3200 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Score dropped 30 points
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2021, 07:10:53 AM »
I've never heard of such big jumps before, so it's interesting that you have experience with something similar.
However, as I mentioned in that other thread, I use only a tiny portion of my available credit (under 2%) at all times.
It is not only total utilization but utilization on each card and number of cards with a balance. If the only thing changing month to month is your utilization then you should be able to figure out your sweet spot by comparing your CR's month to month.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2021, 10:37:23 AM »
It is not only total utilization but utilization on each card and number of cards with a balance. If the only thing changing month to month is your utilization then you should be able to figure out your sweet spot by comparing your CR's month to month.
That shouldn't be an issue for me either. My primary spending goes on a business Amex CC. My personal cards constantly maintain a very minimal or zero balance.
(Besides, that sounds like a pretty dumb way to determine risk imo... spending more on one card vs spending that amount on multiple cards.)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2021, 03:16:48 PM »
That shouldn't be an issue for me either. My primary spending goes on a business Amex CC. My personal cards constantly maintain a very minimal or zero balance.
(Besides, that sounds like a pretty dumb way to determine risk imo... spending more on one card vs spending that amount on multiple cards.)
Dumb or not it is to our advantage to know how the game is played. Compare month to month when the changes happen and learn to beat the game.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 07:48:13 PM »
Dumb or not it is to our advantage to know how the game is played. Compare month to month when the changes happen and learn to beat the game.
Ya. I've compared and don't see any differences of note. Is what it is I guess.