Author Topic: Chase Credit Card Dispute  (Read 1845 times)

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
Chase Credit Card Dispute
« on: June 01, 2021, 03:02:16 PM »
Booked VRBO (hotel style stay) with screen shots, emails and receipt showing breakdown of charges for $1000.
Upon checkout "hotel" states that they will charge my credit card (the one used at checkin) another $500 in resort fees. When told that I wasn't notified of fees, they said I should take it up with person I rented from.
Disputed charges with Chase, and they claim that since I "received the services" I lost the dispute, and I cant claim fraud because I did "business with them".... Any options?

(Its like going into Walmart purchasing a bike, then being charged a week later an additional "service fee" for not using self checkout)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Chase Credit Card Dispute
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
What did VRBO say?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:32 PM »
Chase is pretty horrid when it comes to hotel disputes. Essentially, if you stay there, regardless of quality of stay, you lose.

In another rep's words, "you get a bed. Doesn't matter that the bathroom wasn't functional, there was no water, and you couldn't shower, shave, or brush your teeth."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 01:26:14 AM »
What did VRBO say?

Ya I tried calling VRBO..2 hours on hold with some dumb rep. Had no clue what is flying, then he told me to wait while he contact owner. Couldn't reach him so told me to call back

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 01:30:34 AM »
Chase is pretty horrid when it comes to hotel disputes. Essentially, if you stay there, regardless of quality of stay, you lose.

In another rep's words, "you get a bed. Doesn't matter that the bathroom wasn't functional, there was no water, and you couldn't shower, shave, or brush your teeth."

Makes me wonder why its worth to use chase for hotels...This loss prob cost me all the "triple" points earned for the year+...
Rep said I can dispute it one more time...Kinda hinted that I should write that they raised the price on me rather then added on resort charges..."more like you purchased a bat at walmart for $20 and then a week later they raised the price on you....

Offline Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 11:20:47 AM »
I ordered food from Door Dash, food came opened (tape ripped and staples bent open).
Reported on Doordash, response "sorry we can't offer a refund due to this issue"

Tried disputing on Chase (used the Sapphire Preferred) and they said if I got the merch just not happy with it I can't file a dispute.
I said I didn't get what I ordered, I ordered closed food they sent open food.

Any way to get this refunded?
Would I have had a better / easier experience disputing with Amex or Capital one?

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 11:27:23 AM »
I ordered food from Door Dash, food came opened (tape ripped and staples bent open).
Reported on Doordash, response "sorry we can't offer a refund due to this issue"

Tried disputing on Chase (used the Sapphire Preferred) and they said if I got the merch just not happy with it I can't file a dispute.
I said I didn't get what I ordered, I ordered closed food they sent open food.

Any way to get this refunded?
Would I have had a better / easier experience disputing with Amex or Capital one?

Chat with them again. They have pretty good support.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline CRACKERJACK

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 08:14:27 AM »
I disputed a charge from a online travel agency on my sapphire reserve i have sent them copies of chats with agency proving that i requested a refund with in 24 hr i showed them i filed a claim against the agency i sent chats telling them they should cancel the flight itinerary as i will not be using it
after all that i did not receive anything from chase other then the dispute is pending then one day i check my dispute it says closed no credit given!!!!!!
NO EXPLANATION!!!!!
i would appreciate if anyone can help me with ideas what i can do
(this will really wreck my credit as i cannot afford to pay for 3 tickets that were not used!)

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 08:17:34 AM »
I disputed a charge from a online travel agency on my sapphire reserve i have sent them copies of chats with agency proving that i requested a refund with in 24 hr i showed them i filed a claim against the agency i sent chats telling them they should cancel the flight itinerary as i will not be using it
after all that i did not receive anything from chase other then the dispute is pending then one day i check my dispute it says closed no credit given!!!!!!
NO EXPLANATION!!!!!
(this will really wreck my credit as i cannot afford to pay for 3 tickets that were not used!)
Open dispute again. Had it in past where I won after second try.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 09:22:43 AM »
NO EXPLANATION!!!!!

Also try a DOT complaint
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline CRACKERJACK

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2022, 12:18:25 PM »
bbb worked for me!
thanks!