Author Topic: 1000 Priority Club - Free  (Read 13437 times)

Offline ashers

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Priority Club - Free
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:22 AM »
Why is it an either or situation?
Get the UR AND the priority club
it CAN be done!

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 03:29:26 AM »
Excellent.  Please PM me and I'll be happy to sell you 80K points for $3,000.
Oh wait what's that?  Priority Club sells 80K for $480? 
Things can't be worth more than they cost!  Sure you can get unlimited value from what you buy but as long as they're being sold for a certain price you can't claim they're "worth" more than that price!
#AJKareYouListening;)

Why would I buy them when I can get them for free with the card? But I get what you're saying, and you're right. I just knee-jerked to seeing someone say 80,000 points are "only" worth $480 when I always get waaaay more "value" (and not inflated) out of them than that. I think where we're running into trouble is when you say that you "can't claim anything is worth more than what you paid for it"!? If that were true then nobody has ever gotten a "deal" because no one can claim to have bought anything worth more than they paid for it. Again, I see what you're getting at but it's obviously much more complicated than that.  Or you wouldn't have a website. (Makes for a very interesting discussion ;)
Also I would have to disagree with your claim that there's a lot of other better card offers out there right now, especially for those into hotels. A 50,000 mile deal, for instance, for an airline card can't match the amount of value 80,000 (free) PC points could potentially get you. (You say $480, I say more. You say tomato, I say tomawto. Could be just semantics here.) But as usual, each to his own...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 03:43:02 AM »
Why is it an either or situation?
Get the UR AND the priority club

Or get 3 UR/Mileage cards?

Why would I buy them when I can get them for free with the card? But I get what you're saying, and you're right. I just knee-jerked to seeing someone say 80,000 points are "only" worth $480 when I always get waaaay more "value" (and not inflated) out of them than that. I think where we're running into trouble is when you say that you "can't claim anything is worth more than what you paid for it"!? If that were true then nobody has ever gotten a "deal" because no one can claim to have bought anything worth more than they paid for it. Again, I see what you're getting at but it's obviously much more complicated than that.  Or you wouldn't have a website. (Makes for a very interesting discussion ;)
Also I would have to disagree with your claim that there's a lot of other better card offers out there right now, especially for those into hotels. A 50,000 mile deal, for instance, for an airline card can't match the amount of value 80,000 (free) PC points could potentially get you. (You say $480, I say more. You say tomato, I say tomawto. Could be just semantics here.) But as usual, each to his own...
You're right.  By definition a deal is something that was more expensive and will be more expensive.  People buy things when there is a deal (like the xbox kinect for $199 that was widely available on BF) to flip for a profit when the deal will end.
If Amazon always charged the same price for an item then how could I claim it was a deal?  Prices fluctuate and create deals at the trough and find suckers at the peak.
If a GPS is always $250 nobody would claim they got a deal.
The price for PC is 0.6cpp.  You may get good value out of it, but you'll never be able to sell PC points for anything above 0.6.

You show ignorance though when you claim that you can't get more 50K miles than 80K PC.  I just helped someone book a BusinessFirst ticket from NYC to Maui and the Big Island for less miles than that.  You can't buy that ticket even in coach for $480.  Yet for $480 you can buy 80K PC and go and try to get any value you want out of it.  If the value was really $4,000 I would just sit by a computer all day and buy up PC points.

So I will clarify my statement though.  Things can't be worth (or valued) more than they cost when the cost of the item is constant.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »
You show ignorance though when you claim that you can't get more 50K miles than 80K PC.  I just helped someone book a BusinessFirst ticket from NYC to Maui and the Big Island for less miles than that.  You can't buy that ticket even in coach for $480.  Yet for $480 you can buy 80K PC and go and try to get any value you want out of it.  If the value was really $4,000 I would just sit by a computer all day and buy up PC points.

So I will clarify my statement though.  Things can't be worth (or valued) more than they cost when the cost of the item is constant.

Thanks for clarifying (correcting) your statement. And I won't say you're showing your ignorance, I'll just say we are looking at things a little differently. Each to his own. Keep up the good work.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
Thanks for clarifying (correcting) your statement. And I won't say you're showing your ignorance, I'll just say we are looking at things a little differently. Each to his own. Keep up the good work.
If the supermarket sell milk, constantly, for $1 and you personally gain a staisfaction of $5, you'd say the milk is worth $5?
And what you're really saying is that given an option between getting $3 or 1 carton of milk, you'd take the milk since its worth more than $3 (in our case that's the PC cc)?!
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
If the supermarket sell milk, constantly, for $1 and you personally gain a staisfaction of $5, you'd say the milk is worth $5?
And what you're really saying is that given an option between getting $3 or 1 carton of milk, you'd take the milk since its worth more than $3 (in our case that's the PC cc)?!
Bingo.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jblack

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
tachlis can i use more than 1?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
i find that in israel with spg goin down theres pretty nice options for really decent prices for hotels here.. for us couples who want a night or 2 out this card is a good option here. and no need to spend just get the card get points and shut down. so 80k is a nice signup bonus for hotels here in israel (and in europe in general)
What are good PC's in Israel? Only one I can think of is IC TLV, but why would I want to go there? HI in Tevaria closed IIRC, the only 1 I can think of is in Ashkelon. Is there an IC in Haifa? Dead sea/Eilat?

What's the cost of redemtions for IC?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
What are good PC's in Israel? Only one I can think of is IC TLV, but why would I want to go there? HI in Tevaria closed IIRC, the only 1 I can think of is in Ashkelon. Is there an IC in Haifa? Dead sea/Eilat?

What's the cost of redemtions for IC?
There is a CP in JLM, TLV, and Eilat. Although I've heard the quality is below par
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
There is a CP in JLM, TLV, and Eilat. Although I've heard the quality is below par
I'm not sure any of those qualify as decent unless they're on PB.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
I'm not sure any of those qualify as decent unless they're on PB.
+1

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
Just saw they transfer into AA 10:2. 3CPM ought to be the cheapest way to buy AA miles out there

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
Just saw they transfer into AA 10:2. 3CPM ought to be the cheapest way to buy AA miles out there
Huh?  AA sells them for about 2cpm.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
Huh?  AA sells them for about 2cpm.
oops. Still good for CO/UA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
oops. Still good for CO/UA
Nope.  Chase sells those for 2.5

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
Nope.  Chase sells those for 2.5
Argh
Never knew chase sells points.

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »
I was pretty impressed with the rooms in CP Jrs and its good location too.

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
would you be so kind and explain to me what it transferable etc. Thank you.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
I was pretty impressed with the rooms in CP Jrs and its good location too.
only good thing about the location is there's no traffic to get in and out. Other than that, it really is in middle of nowhere. I guess this still can be a pretty good redemption (25k?)
would you be so kind and explain to me what it transferable etc. Thank you.
means you can transfer your PC points into a different program. Since points/miles in other programs are more valuable, the transfer rate is not 1:1 but 5:1. However PC sells their points for cheaper than 1/5 of what CO charges for their points, so if u reallu need CO miles it would make sense to buy from PC and transfer to CO. Dan pointed out that its even cheaper to buy chase points and transfer to CO