Poll

Who is the "me" in this thread title about?

CountValentine
1 (9.1%)
yuneeq
4 (36.4%)
whoever reads it
3 (27.3%)
Jews
3 (27.3%)
something else
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Everything is about me!  (Read 10355 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Everything is about me!
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2021, 10:26:48 PM »
Here are a few points

1. There is nothing wrong - in fact it is commendable - to feel a sense of camaraderie towards a co-religionist. It is a universal feeling, and it is perfectly acceptable.

2. Jewish ethics extoll treating everyone with the respect.

3. There will always be people - in every demographic - who don't live up to the standard. Pointing to them and judging the whole demographic is usually wrong.

4. I know CV said he would only buy it if he was "deaf, dumb and blind," but this is true, and if you chose not to buy it, it may be more reflective of you than of me.

5. See number 3. It is the answer most of the time.

6. It is very difficult to love everyone, especially those who are different than you. The more that separates people, the more natural it is for them to lack empathy. Loving everyone something to strive for. Getting upset at those who have not yet achieved it is perhaps demanding too much.

7. Holding only some people to a standard while most others would fail epically by that standard is hypocrisy.

8. See number 5.

9. Resist the urge to respond TL;DR

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
No I don't think you all lie. You are all very strict in your beliefs. That is a compliment not an insult.

@yuneeq claimed my title was an insult. I said that was not my intent. During this thread the insults toward me were numerous. Not once did someone call them out.

What was the intent behind the title? I can't think of a non insulting way to read it.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 10:34:18 PM »
What was the intent behind the title? I can't think of a non insulting way to read it.
So you are concerned about the title but no mention of the numerous insults spewed at me.

Unlike you I will answer your question.
It wasn't meant as an insult. It was to take this nonsense out of the other thread. You on the other hand keep hurling insult after insult. Keep it up as it just shows who you are.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2021, 10:40:51 PM »
So you are concerned about the title but no mention of the numerous insults spewed at me.

You didn't answer his question. He asked you to explain what the title means if we're all reading it wrong. Your non-answer just says you didn't mean for it to be insulting, without actually saying what the words mean, and then you deflect to the insults "hurled" at you in response to the insulting title which you still haven't explained.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2021, 10:41:59 PM »

People have called you names before, and they have been called out by many, myself included. A lot. I was a bit miffed at your comments, so I didn't focus on the names this time, but you are right, you should not have been called names or attacked personally.

This does not explain it at all. It only explains why you started a new thread. The title you chose was either an insult to yuneeq or all Jews. If your intention was to split the conversation and not to insult, the title would have been "dangers of being Jewish vs black" or something like that.

So I'll ask again, how do you read the title in a non insulting way?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2021, 10:47:46 PM »
This does not explain it at all. It only explains why you started a new thread. The title you chose was either an insult to yuneeq or all Jews. If your intention was to split the conversation and not to insult, the title would have been "dangers of being Jewish vs black" or something like that.

So I'll ask again, how do you read the title in a non insulting way?
I purposely used "me" as not to insult anyone.

You don't think anyone read the title and thought I was talking about myself. I am sure some did.

I have no problem calling members out. If that was my intent I would have done it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2021, 10:53:16 PM »

You don't think anyone read the title and thought I was talking about myself. I am sure some did.

I have no problem calling members out. If that was my intent I would have done it.

The title was "Everything is about me," and the thread starts with a quote from @yuneeq turning a conversation about the Tulsa Massacre towards hate against Jews, followed by you challenging him. How is anyone supposed to think "Everything is about me" isn't referring either to the member who's quote you took issue with or with Jews in general? In what context could "me" mean you?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2021, 10:56:18 PM »

Dude, come off it. You posted "me" AND THEN QUOTED SOMEONE you were *arguing* with without saying another word. There is not a single person who commented that didn't read it that way. There is simply no way to read it as you speaking about yourself.

Look, if you got pissed at someone for derailing a thread, and made a mistake with a provocative, insulting post, fine. We all screw up. But own it. Don't try pretend there is a non insulting way to read your post. There isn't.

Good night.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2021, 10:58:12 PM »
Dude, come off it. You posted "me" AND THEN QUOTED SOMEONE you were *arguing* with without saying another word. There is not a single person who commented that didn't read it that way. There is simply no way to read it as you speaking about yourself.

Look, if you got pissed at someone for derailing a thread, and made a mistake with a provocative, insulting post, fine. We all screw up. But own it. Don't try pretend there is a non insulting way to read your post. There isn't.

Good night.
If you want to call me a liar at least have the balls to do it straight up!!!
ETA: I see the thread calling me an anti-Semite was deleted. Wish it wasn't as it shows ones true colors.
No need to call that thread out when we can focus on the title of this thread.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 11:07:42 PM by CountValentine »

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2021, 11:13:57 PM »
Would homicides be a good indicator? I can look them up if you want. It doesn't get any more dangerous than that.

Sounds good. Let's go for that - to clarify terms, though, it should only include intentional homicides.

Actually, thinking about it, there are other factors - for example, school shootings are more likely to include blacks than jews, simply because I don't think there's ever been a school shooting (by a fellow student) in a jewish school.

So how do we narrow it down?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2021, 11:16:37 PM »
Sounds good. Let's go for that - to clarify terms, though, it should only include intentional homicides.

Actually, thinking about it, there are other factors - for example, school shootings are more likely to include blacks than jews, simply because I don't think there's ever been a school shooting (by a fellow student) in a jewish school.

So how do we narrow it down?
I posted this upthread. Can't find stats on kids.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/
Didn't know it was that bad. Not only is more dangerous for a Black compared to a religious Jew but also compared to Whites.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2021, 11:28:58 PM »
If you want to call me a liar at least have the balls to do it straight up!!!
ETA: I see the thread calling me an anti-Semite was deleted. Wish it wasn't as it shows ones true colors.
No need to call that thread out when we can focus on the title of this thread.  ::)

I didn't see that thread. Can I make a guess? Did someone start a thread with the title "CV is an anti semite" and then was the post just a quote of yours out of context?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2021, 11:38:09 PM »

IINM, only mods can delete a thread, and they didn't allow it to be up long enough for most of us to see it, myself included. He accused you of being something vile, something you're not. If it had been up long enough, there is no doubt in my mind that you would have seen many of us call it out.

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2021, 11:38:55 PM »
Let me guess, you think JJ1000 really thinks TimT is a lying cheating scumbag...

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2021, 11:53:00 PM »
...and they didn't allow it to be up long enough for most of us to see it, myself included.
Only 2+ hours so I see your point.  ;)

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2021, 12:09:40 AM »
Everyone sees events through filters - of their experiences, beliefs etc.  Obviously, this would cause Jews to see things differently than Blacks, and to (at least silently) compare any atrocities to those committed against us. 

That does not mean that we are insensitive to what others are going through/ have gone through. 

But when Blacks bring up slavery, our experiences in Egypt are brought to mind.  When one hears of pogroms, such as the Tulsa massacre, pogroms against Jews are brought to mind. 

It does not mean that we are insensitive, rather the opposite!  It shows that we understand what others are going through - but it brings up emotions that make it, to a certain extent, "about us".

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2021, 06:54:43 AM »
Everyone sees events through filters - of their experiences, beliefs etc.  Obviously, this would cause Jews to see things differently than Blacks, and to (at least silently) compare any atrocities to those committed against us. 

That does not mean that we are insensitive to what others are going through/ have gone through. 

But when Blacks bring up slavery, our experiences in Egypt are brought to mind.  When one hears of pogroms, such as the Tulsa massacre, pogroms against Jews are brought to mind. 

It does not mean that we are insensitive, rather the opposite!  It shows that we understand what others are going through - but it brings up emotions that make it, to a certain extent, "about us".

+1

I remember walking through the old city of Jerusalem, and seeing a sign on the wall showing "the map of armenian genocide" (perpetrated by the Turkish Empire), and thinking that if there were a "map of the jewish genocide," it would basically just be a map of the world.

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2021, 11:11:20 AM »
Dude, come off it. You posted "me" AND THEN QUOTED SOMEONE you were *arguing* with without saying another word.

Also, said that the thread is -

just for you:

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2021, 11:24:47 AM »
I didn't see that thread. Can I make a guess? Did someone start a thread with the title "CV is an anti semite" and then was the post just a quote of yours out of context?

@CountValentine is this what it was?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2021, 11:31:53 AM »
@CountValentine is this what it was?
Something along the lines of I hate Jews but love Blacks. Didn't pay much attention it.