Author Topic: Aegean offering double miles on Hertz rentals booked through 6/8/2021  (Read 1812 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Double miles with car rental from Hertz

Which will be your next travel destination in Greece? Wherever you decide to travel, earn double award miles with your car rental from Hertz!

The offer is valid for reservations from 27.05.2021 up until 08.06.2021 and pick up from 27.05.2021 up until 31.10.2021.

In TLV Hertz is my go-to car rental company due to the convenience of returning the car at the terminal. I usually get the best rates by booking through the Aegean website, and they also credit more miles than other programs for many rentals (especially short ones).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
In TLV Hertz is my go-to car rental company due to the convenience of returning the car at the terminal. I usually get the best rates by booking through the Aegean website, and they also credit more miles than other programs for many rentals (especially short ones).
i see great rates on their website, do they include all the fees?
@ExGingi

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
i see great rates on their website, do they include all the fees?
@ExGingi

Yes. With the exception of Mandatory 3rd Party Liability and VAT (in case of Israeli Citizen).

I just rented from them again last week. Hertz via Aegean provided best rates. Line for pickup was a disaster (even though they had 2 people serving customers, then they added a third person and it started moving), but then again I had a disastrous experience at FLL a couple of weeks ago with Avis with only one party at the counter when I arrived, that party took at least half an hour to complete their rental (I have no idea how long they were there before).

Upon return, Hertz didn't check the vehicle, I mentioned something to the guy at the counter and he said they don't bother with it (I guess unless something major).

I ended up returning my vehicle 2 days earlier than expected. Didn't check yet how the bill was adjusted. But definitely returning at the terminal is a pleasure (though with the current setup you need to go all the way to the other side of the terminal (entrance 01) in order to enter, this might change with new rules.
-- Dan

Offline yossig

• View Profile
Wow, thanks! Your info is very helpful.

How much should I expect 3rd party liability to cost?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Wow, thanks! Your info is very helpful.

How much should I expect 3rd party liability to cost?

It really depends on the vehicle and on the rate you're paying (I.e. It has no connection to reality and is just a way to collect money) I have paid anywhere between $10-$2 per day in the past (I usually rent class L which is the smallest automatic transmission vehicles (I do drive stick shift, but don't like to do that when stuck in traffic, which other than this past trip, is a common occurrence). For my most recent rental they charged me $16.38 per day for 3rd party liability. I did ask for a Shabbos waiver (I.e. No rental charges for Shabbos, except for Third party liability). I didn't see my final bill yet.

Sometimes travel agents will get you better rates including CDW and Third party liability, but those come with a high deductible on the CDW (usually around $500 or more). Since that rate includes CDW, CC coverage doesn't apply, as that coverage requires that you Decline CDW.
-- Dan

Offline yossig

• View Profile
It really depends on the vehicle and on the rate you're paying (I.e. It has no connection to reality and is just a way to collect money) I have paid anywhere between $10-$2 per day in the past (I usually rent class L which is the smallest automatic transmission vehicles (I do drive stick shift, but don't like to do that when stuck in traffic, which other than this past trip, is a common occurrence). For my most recent rental they charged me $16.38 per day for 3rd party liability. I did ask for a Shabbos waiver (I.e. No rental charges for Shabbos, except for Third party liability). I didn't see my final bill yet.

Sometimes travel agents will get you better rates including CDW and Third party liability, but those come with a high deductible on the CDW (usually around $500 or more). Since that rate includes CDW, CC coverage doesn't apply, as that coverage requires that you Decline CDW.
I will be renting a bigger car, but the prices the agent offered was a lot more expensive.
I also see that the good prices on Aegean are for prepaid rentals, so I’m not sure they will honor a Shabbos waiver request.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
I will be renting a bigger car, but the prices the agent offered was a lot more expensive.
I also see that the good prices on Aegean are for prepaid rentals, so I’m not sure they will honor a Shabbos waiver request.

In my most recent case, making the booking less than 24 hours in advance, it showed prices in EUR for prepaid and prices in USD for pay at pickup, so numbers were a little confusing.

It should be noted that you can expect third party liability rates to vary based on vehicle size and tariff used. So the Third party liability might be different for prepaid vs pay at pick up.

Indeed for prepaid will be hard (or impossible) to get Shabbos waiver.
-- Dan

Offline yossig

• View Profile
In my most recent case, making the booking less than 24 hours in advance, it showed prices in EUR for prepaid and prices in USD for pay at pickup, so numbers were a little confusing.

It should be noted that you can expect third party liability rates to vary based on vehicle size and tariff used. So the Third party liability might be different for prepaid vs pay at pick up.

Indeed for prepaid will be hard (or impossible) to get Shabbos waiver.
thanks for your helpful info!

Online B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Agents get better rates with third-party liability without including CDW-you can still have that covered with your cc with zero deductible.

Booking on Aegean site is cheap the same way booking on Priceline or any other OTA is cheap since it doesn't include all fees.

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-

I don't know about others but Noach has the option right there in the quote request:

Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Re: Aegean offering double miles on Hertz rentals booked through 6/8/2021
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 08:30:27 AM »
Agents get better rates with third-party liability without including CDW-you can still have that covered with your cc with zero deductible.
Very possible. Though car rental companies will charge different rates for Third Party Liability based on the rate structure used for the booking. IME the only way to find out is to actually make the booking and then call the counter to find out what they would charge for it for this specific rental.

Booking on Aegean site is cheap the same way booking on Priceline or any other OTA is cheap since it doesn't include all fees.

You have experience?

I have rented quite a few times booking through Aegean website and the only fees which weren't included were third party liability and VAT.
-- Dan

Online B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Re: Aegean offering double miles on Hertz rentals booked through 6/8/2021
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 03:52:23 PM »
Very possible. Though car rental companies will charge different rates for Third Party Liability based on the rate structure used for the booking. IME the only way to find out is to actually make the booking and then call the counter to find out what they would charge for it for this specific rental.

You have experience?

I have rented quite a few times booking through Aegean website and the only fees which weren't included were third party liability and VAT.
Yep

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan