Author Topic: global entry renewal backround questions  (Read 695 times)

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
global entry renewal backround questions
« on: June 29, 2021, 05:17:18 PM »
I am up for renewal and the same question came
Background Questions

* Required field
* Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in the United States or any other country?

I already said yes to an arrest 4 years ago during my first GE application interview. He only asked me what happened but didn't want anything from me. He didn't ask me any follow up question on that. I was conditionally approved and finally about 10 days later. I was arrested many years ago cos I called another motorist that hit me,  She drove straight and very fast from a gas station driveway on to the north bound street I was driving. she was injured and  and the cop somehow couldn't get her insurance info in the police report that was made at the scene. The police report had her name address and phone number written and the cop advised me to call the person to get the insurance info after he told me he couldn't get her insurance info. When I called that driver to get insurance info, that person called the police on me and lied saying I am calling and threatening her. I got arrested unfortunately at the time but never sentenced or probation, fined or anything. It was dismissed I later had it expunged. I was not many years in this country at the time and didn't know calling someone to get insurance info would result in that situation.

Do I still have to say YES again to the question above and have to go for interview and show the same dismissed and expunged record ? Or leave it empty? It does allow me to leave it unanswered/empty. I don't have any other arrest records since that one in 2001. If saying yes to this will lead to in person interview, it will be inconvenient. Would you say YES again to that same question for same thing again?
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:52:16 PM by peace123 »

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
Re: global entry renewal backround questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:10:37 PM »
AFAIK: You have to say Yes, but you can put an explanation that your case was dismissed and that you already stated this during your initial interview. It doesn't mean that you will be interviewed in person again.

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 07:15:49 PM »
I have no experience with this. However, from your story above, doesnt seem like you were convicted of a criminal offense.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:15:11 AM »
I stand corrected: You should definitely answer No to "Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in the United States or any other country?"

I think there is another question if you ever been arrested and for that one you should answer Yes.