Author Topic: Lubavitch Inreach/Kinus Anash  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Lubavitch Inreach/Kinus Anash
« on: July 01, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
No need to go OTD, just stop keeping CY. Though some would tell you if you don’t keep CY you aren’t frum :)
If a Lubavitcher stops keeping CY or takes off his beard, there's not much hope left.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Lubavitch Inreach/Kinus Anash
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
If a Lubavitcher stops keeping CY or takes off his beard, there's not much hope left.

Respectfully disagree. That may be one of the most non-Lubavitch things you could say.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »
Lubavitch membership was decreased by 65% after new membership terms were established by hierarchical authorities.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
Respectfully disagree. That may be one of the most non-Lubavitch things you could say.
I don't mean no hope as in they can't come back, as many do. But from the yeshiva friends I've seen, once those go, OTD quickly follows. It indicates a crisis of faith.
We had a similar discussion on DDF when Matisyahu shaved his beard on whether he would go full OTD.
Granted, all anecdotal.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
I don't mean no hope as in they can't come back, as many do. But from the yeshiva friends I've seen, once those go, OTD quickly follows. It indicates a crisis of faith.
We had a similar discussion on DDF when Matisyahu shaved his beard on whether he would go full OTD.
Granted, all anecdotal.

I think this may have been true at one point, but a quick look at parents dropping the kids off at mainstream Lubavitch schools says it's just not true anymore.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 10:41:44 AM »
I think this may have been true at one point, but a quick look at parents dropping the kids off at mainstream Lubavitch schools says it's just not true anymore.
I'm not up to date I guess, been a long time since I was in yeshiva or any Lubavitch school for that matter.
Are they different everywhere or just in SoFlo/SoCal?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 10:43:06 AM »
I'm not up to date I guess, been a long time since I was in yeshiva or any Lubavitch school for that matter.
Are they different everywhere or just in SoFlo/SoCal?

Look at pics from the Chabad websites. It's definitely not just a CA/FL thing.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »
Look at pics from the Chabad websites. It's definitely not just a CA/FL thing.
Don't go to those either. I guess I'm just out of touch.

I've long said there ought to be a Kinnus Anash to stay in touch and strengthen hiskashrus, but Chabad cares about shluchim and outreach more than inreach.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
Lubavitch membership was decreased by 65% after new membership terms were established by hierarchical authorities.

Are you ignoring the true (my) definition?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 10:54:25 AM »
Don't recall anything else from the box being defective, but it's certainly possible.
Either way, complaining about a mislabeling on an item you received for free in a closed box without even seeing what was there before you already had it is very much the opposite of OTD.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »
Are you ignoring the true (my) definition?
We need to add this one to the archive.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »

I've long said there ought to be a Kinnus Anash to stay in touch and strengthen hiskashrus, but Chabad cares about shluchim and outreach more than inreach.

It feels wrong and ironic to be saying this to you of all people, but you need to get out (or in?) more.

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55:54 AM »

Maybe offer to be the guest speaker?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
It feels wrong and ironic to be saying this to you of all people, but you need to get out (or in?) more.
I'm an introvert by nature, vacation in Svalbard and Antarctica, and spend my day working from home.
So..nothing ironic about that at all :D

Offline M218

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »

I think they learned that from the Rebbe himself, go to the Ohel on an average Thursday night you will see tons of Chassidishe guys ask anyone his story if he was ever helped he will give you a full run down. Ask the same from a Lubavitcher......

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 11:01:32 AM »
Maybe offer to be the guest speaker?
I mentioned a Kinus Anash to some of the powers that be when I gave a seminar at the Kinus Hashluchim. They had negative interest in the idea. Though they had more interest in my other idea about getting corporate sponsors and naming rights for the kinus hashluchim.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:08:02 AM by Dan »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
I mentioned it to some of the powers that be when I gave a seminar at the Kinus Hashluchim. They had negative interest in the idea. Though they had more interest in my other idea about getting corporate sponsors and naming rights for the kinus hashluchim.

Speaking to the wrong powers. Different departments.

Offline M218

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
I mentioned it to some of the powers that be when I gave a seminar at the Kinus Hashluchim. They had negative interest in the idea. Though they had more interest in my other idea about getting corporate sponsors and naming rights for the kinus hashluchim.
Usually when you post it on Twitter you get your message quite clear. Maybe try that!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »
Speaking to the wrong powers. Different departments.
And the right powers are?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 11:06:33 AM »
Usually when you post it on Twitter you get your message quite clear. Maybe try that!
I opened a wildly popular mushroom Chabad shul in CLE last January after our young community was burned by our head shliach.
I don't think I'm on any nice lists that they care what I have to say anymore.