Author Topic: POSTS ON SHABBOS!!!  (Read 27949 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: POSTS ON SHABBOS!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »

i still dont see how my posting of "maybe they are in israel, i hope so." is being oiver dan lkaf zchus, if anything, quite the contrary.
In the OP you said maybe.
Then you said, and I quote once again,
Dan,

Im sure you have many people here, that are not shomer shabbos, maybe some of these posts are them. we shouldnt condone it though.

It cant all be posts made from people abroad.
Thereby you ruled out any chance we could be dealing with frum jews abroad as you said it can't be.  And you probably never were dan l'kaf zchus in the first place.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »
So to be clear, you're recommending that all websites run by jews should be shut down from Eastern time, 11pm Thursday evening until 1am Sunday morning as there can be a jew someplace in the world who will be mechalel shabbos in his local time zone?

come on Dan, you of all people know that you can restrict and allow access to this website and any other website(if youre the admin), for any reason  you want.

you can set it up that people from different time zones can access, and people from other zones cant.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
Just to be clear, am I supposed to unplug my telephone over Shabbos because a non-observant Jew might call and/or leave a message during Shabbos?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »
come on Dan, you of all people know that you can restrict and allow access to this website and any other website(if youre the admin), for any reason  you want.

you can set it up that people from different time zones can access, and people from other zones cant.
Thank you for telling me what I can or can't do, but actually the only options are up or down, there is no shabbos mode time zone restricted access built into websites beleive it or not.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
In the OP you said maybe.
Then you said, and I quote once again,Thereby you ruled out any chance we could be dealing with frum jews abroad as you said it can't be.  And you probably never were dan l'kaf zchus in the first place.

aha, so now you turned this whole point of this conversation on me. avoiding the real point of contention.

SHOULD THIS WEBSITE ALLOW POSTERS ON SHABBOS, IF THERE IS A POSSIBLY THEY ARE NOT FRUM.

really?? why dont you just ignore what i said, and broach the topic from a moral standpoint.

stop twisting my words.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »
Just to be clear, am I supposed to unplug my telephone over Shabbos because a non-observant Jew might call and/or leave a message during Shabbos?
They can still leave you a message.  You must actually cancel your phone service between Thursday evening and Sunday morning ever week.
 ;D

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2011, 10:53:14 AM »
No you're not understanding what he's saying. He's saying that you shouldn't have a phone, because maybe a non-frum jew might call on shabbos. Whether or not your phone is plugged in, he's still oiver
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »
im glad to see you made a joke out of this whole thing. but i know, if not now then soon. you will ask this shayla. back to other deals.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
aha, so now you turned this whole point of this conversation on me. avoiding the real point of contention.

SHOULD THIS WEBSITE ALLOW POSTERS ON SHABBOS, IF THERE IS A POSSIBLY THEY ARE NOT FRUM.

really?? why dont you just ignore what i said, and broach the topic from a moral standpoint.

stop twisting my words.

The answer is that all posts were made by people that were abroad and therefore this is all theoretical!

And besides for the fact that plenty of gentiles use DD and DDF (and I can only imagine what they think of this thread)  since there is always a time that is not shabbos for a Jew someone in the world, there is always a valid reason for a website to be running.

How exactly did I twist any of your words?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

stop twisting my words.

Are we going to use NY Shabbos, Israel Shabbos (where probably over 20% of posts are posted from), Austrailian Shabbos...
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Are we going to use NY Shabbos, Israel Shabbos (where probably over 20% of posts are posted from), Austrailian Shabbos...

Don't forget us in the UK...

No you're not understanding what he's saying. He's saying that you shouldn't have a phone, because maybe a non-frum jew might call on shabbos. Whether or not your phone is plugged in, he's still oiver

Thanks for clarifying... ;)

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
all i can say dan,

its amazing how fast your posting back. usually your very hard to get a hold of. so this post must of touched a nerve. im happy it did. maybe you will get an answer from a halachic authority and give over what he said.

on that note.......what should i do with all my spg points. :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »
JOLLYJ, have you considered launching a Taliban Jewish state?

Again, my Judaism isn't hurt by the free will of others.  I will love my fellow jews for who they are no matter the circumstances and hope that one day they will see the beauty of Orthodox Judaism.  You apparently would rather force your judaism on them, which is simply counter-productive.

The shayla had been asked a million times, answers have already been posted on this thread.  For DDF it is theoretical as what you accused of happening didn't happen.

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
you are so very wrong. again. my question was a simple one.

ARE WE ALLOWED TO HAVE A WEBSITES WHERE NON FRUM JEWS PARTAKE IN IT ON SHABBOS?

instead your just saying stupid things, like starting a taliban state......very childish.

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
+1,000

Don't just respect, but love your fellow jew for who they are and the place that they're in and eventually they'll see how beautiful it is to have, respect, and love shabbos.

Villify them for not respecting shabbos and they never will.
my mobile doesn't support hebrew, but maybe someone can pst the last Halocha in the Rambam Hilchos Rotzeach.
The Rambam and other Rishonim hold there is a Mitzvas Esse to hate someone who is oiver even one avirah. (Other rishonim hold it is allowed but not required) Excluding tinok shneshba
Obviously this is different that displaying hate - necessity might require one to hide it.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
all i can say dan,

its amazing how fast your posting back. usually your very hard to get a hold of. so this post must of touched a nerve. im happy it did. maybe you will get an answer from a halachic authority and give over what he said.

on that note.......what should i do with all my spg points. :)
Hard to get ahold of?  I've answered thousands of questions via this very forum.  If I ignore your question it's Probably because it's the same repetitive question that's been asked a million times.

Raw nerve?  Only that a fellow frum jew could sound so Taliban-like.  It seems you practice a different brand of Judaism than I do.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Mods, I think it's time to move this thread to the hashkafic-arguments-where-noone-will-change-anyone-else's-mind forum :)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »
my mobile doesn't support hebrew, but maybe someone can pst the last Halocha in the Rambam Hilchos Rotzeach.
The Rambam and other Rishonim hold there is a Mitzvas Esse to hate someone who is oiver even one avirah. (Other rishonim hold it is allowed but not required) Excluding tinok shneshba
Obviously this is different that displaying hate - necessity might require one to hide it.

again, im the last one to judge. 98% of the people i work with are non frum jews.

i dont judge them, and never will. i just merely wanted to know, are we allowed to allow posts on shabbos if there is a possibility they are not frum.

im done repeating myself. ill still standby and read, to see if someone comes up with something insightful.

thank you everyone for your input.

Offline JOLLYJ

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
Hard to get ahold of?  I've answered thousands of questions via this very forum.  If I ignore your question it's Probably because it's the same repetitive question that's been asked a million times.

Raw nerve?  Only that a fellow frum jew could sound so Taliban-like.  It seems you practice a different brand of Judaism than I do.

are you insane? if you see a non-frum do something that it 100% wrong, and it doesnt irk you in the slightest.....(im not saying to judge him or rebuke him, im saying what you personally feel inside)...then your practicing the wrong judiasm.

isnt that the whole point of chabad? to bring someone closer to judiasm through love? while you might feel inside what he is doing, is so very wrong, but you still put a smile on your face.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »

again, im the last one to judge. 98% of the people i work with are non frum jews.

i dont judge them, and never will. i just merely wanted to know, are we allowed to allow posts on shabbos if there is a possibility they are not frum.

im done repeating myself. ill still standby and read, to see if someone comes up with something insightful.

thank you everyone for your input.
You do realize that now you've contributed posts to a website where there is the possibility of jews reading what you wrote on shabbos.

I suggest you ask your LOR immediately to see if you need to delete all of your posts, lest you contribute online reading material to said theoretical person.  I would be happy to help delete your posts and account should the need arise.