Author Topic: 40 Tickets To E"Y Sukkos  (Read 3091 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: 40 Tickets To E"Y Sukkos
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 08:17:00 PM »
I deleted my post around 4 minutes after I posted it, after having double checked and finding myself mistaken. I obviously believed I was correct at the time.

However you went on with all kinds of attacks in defense of your mistake which you admitted, thereby taking away from your admission of error.

Had you just posted
I deleted my post because I was mistaken.
and not added one word, none of this would be a discussion. By trying to defend your action by attacking your attacker with hypothetical scenarios, you didn't make yourself look any better.

I don't think you, or anyone else meant anything personally. Especially during this time of year, let's try to increase in אהבת חינם.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
However you went on with all kinds of attacks in defense of your mistake which you admitted, thereby taking away from your admission of error.
No, I thought the fellow who attacked me was totally wrong in his second point. I actually didn’t say anything back until he responded to another poster with the same faulty reasoning. The mistake was entirely irrelevant to the point he and I both made. I never defended my mistake, but I strongly disagree with his opinion.

This isn’t hypothetical at all, it comes up all the time in many threads on the forums. He made a point which I find entirely disagreeable.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2021, 08:22:32 PM »
I deleted my post around 4 minutes after I posted it, after having double checked and finding myself mistaken. I obviously believed I was correct at the time. OTOH, this post is still upWould you say your post is definitely purely for “hochiach tochiach” with no hint of “lo sisa alav chet” (according to Rashi)?
Point taken and deleted
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 08:24:06 PM »
Had you just postedand not added one word, none of this would be a discussion.
To clarify: I have never once defended my mistake. I retracted as soon as I discovered my error. That was never the discussion- at least not on my end, until it was brought up again. I have been purely discussing the ethics of mentioning a better price available elsewhere, the action I took which was called by OP a “garbage move” and sarcastically “brilliant”.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2021, 08:24:48 PM »
Point taken and deleted
Thank you

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »
To clarify: I have never once defended my mistake. I retracted as soon as I discovered my error. That was never the discussion- at least not on my end, until it was brought up again. I have been purely discussing the ethics of mentioning a better price available elsewhere, the action I took which was called by OP a “garbage move” and sarcastically “brilliant”.

As a married person I am sure you know to never use the word "but" (or add anything else into the conversation, where you might be right) when admitting error or apologizing.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Deals Fan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 09:56:26 PM »
It's ok everyone...let's not get carried away....
Back to the topic if anyone is interested let me know we are at 23 left.