Author Topic: Still haven’t gotten my AMEX Business Plat SUB— when does it usually post?  (Read 7327 times)

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
When do AMEX Business Plat signup bonus usually post? Is it shortly after the eligible charges post? Or shortly after I pay the balance?

My wife signed up for the AMEX Business Plat 125K offer on 5/8. We paid federal taxes with it on 5/11, over the $15K required for the SUB. The 27K pending MR showed up immediately in the rewards account but no 125K SUB. We called AMEX at the end of May and the rep said that he didn’t see that the card has a SUB. We escalated it to a supervisor, who said the same thing. She opened an investigation for this. We didn’t hear anything for 2 weeks so we contacted AMEX again, and again the first line rep said he didn’t see we had a SUB. He escalated it to a supervisor as well, who said that she DID see the 125K offer. I don’t understand how this can be, but it was reassuring.

We are now about 7-8 weeks from the time the $15K requirement was met. AMEX’s official statement says 8-10 weeks but in my many cards, I don’t remember having to wait that long. But in the past, I paid the balance faster than this time. The statement closed on 6/7 and we just paid the balance yesterday 7/2. The 27K MR finally posted today. Is actually paying the balance of the required spend what actually triggers the SUB to post?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
When do AMEX Business Plat signup bonus usually post? Is it shortly after the eligible charges post? Or shortly after I pay the balance?

Within 7 days of hitting the spend, regardless of payment status.

Odds you'll get the bonus automatically in your scenario approaches 0%. Odds aren't much higher for a manual scenario either, but I suppose it doesn't hurt that one supervisor said you're eligible.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Recently mine have been posting pretty quickly, within a couple days of hitting the spend