Author Topic: Paypal Scam  (Read 2301 times)

Offline shabbosabba

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Preschool
Paypal Scam
« on: July 06, 2021, 04:40:29 PM »
A relative of mine ordered a drill press from a website called authentic-site.com (which in retrospect is anything but). Payment was with paypal. The order was placed on Thursday July 1st. There was no confirmation email sent by the site. He reached out to Paypal and they said a tracking number was provided. We checked the tracking number, and it claimed that a package had been delivered, on Monday July,5 to our zipcode. However, a package was never delivered, as the ring doorbell can attest to. A little strange that the package was handled so fast on a holiday weekend, and delivered on a day that the post office was not even open.I spoke to USPS, and they confirmed that the package was not delivered to my address. They also confirmed the weight of the package as 2 pounds 6.8 ounces. When I asked for the exact address that the package was delivered to they told me they could not give it to me. I did receive a service number from USPS, and they said they  would get back to me in 2-3 days with the GPS tracking info. Paypal said that they are monitoring the seller, but they are not shutting him down yet.

How do I get my money back from paypal?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Re: Paypal Scam
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »
Did you use amex? file a dispute

Offline shabbosabba

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Preschool
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:16:32 PM »
Did you use amex? file a dispute
Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 05:21:36 PM »
File dispute directly with chase.

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
Paypal said that they are monitoring the seller, but they are not shutting him down yet.

How do I get my money back from paypal?

Did you file a formal complaint/dispute with Paypal? The way you describe the conversations thus far it sounds like you've just been discussing it with Paypal...which is different from straight up saying "I never got the item I ordered, I am formally opening a dispute for this transaction"