Topic Wiki

Aeroplan - Flat Fee per booking $50 (coach), $100 (Business), $125 (First) All the these prices are CAD. Plus tax.  - or can use miles (bus was 10k so assume @ 100/$1 for any)
Alaska Mileage Plan- Does not issue infant tickets.
American - 10% of full fare
British Airways - Taxes and 10% of miles
Lufthansa/Miles & More - Taxes (Usually $17.50)
United - 10% of full fare
US Airways - 10% of full fare
singapore- 10% of full fare (when flying Sq you could find a date showing a discounted fare)
ANA?
IB - 10% Full fare
Asiana- 10% of the adult mileage ticket, plus taxes & fees
« Last edited by foseph on October 11, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

Author Topic: Infant On Reward Ticket Master Thread  (Read 170028 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Infant On Reward Ticket Master Thread
« Reply #720 on: December 07, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
I booked it on the day so I wouldn't need to pay for the infant ticket if it didn't work out  and yes it was ua metal

So why not call UA and have it attach, even on day of?

if the baby would have been attached by lh it most likely wouldn't have been an issue, the issue was most likely the communication between SHARES and Amadeus

I assume he had tkt# for INF, so I don't know how complicated it could have been.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 07, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »

I booked it on the day so I wouldn't need to pay for the infant ticket if it didn't work out  and yes it was ua metalif the baby would have been attached by lh it most likely wouldn't have been an issue, the issue was most likely the communication between SHARES and Amadeus
Aren't infant fares fully refundable?

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 07, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
Turkish
In practice they allowed me to check a full size bag for infant.

Offline a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 07, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
Aren't infant fares fully refundable?
not always

Offline yuguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 11, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
If i book an award ticket (AA) round trip, but one way is coach and the other is business, does anyone know how they price out that 10%? is it of the J fare, or the Y?

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
Why can't it be both?

Offline yuguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »
Why can't it be both?

Lol that’s why’ve I’m asking. How do they’ve pride it out?

Offline shimino1

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 04, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »
Seems infant costs for CX is 25% ex-USA

Does that mean my best booking option for ORD-HKG-TLV would be just booking an extra ticket with AS?

ETA can I even fly with an infant in F on the 77W and J on the A350?
BUMP
Very curios as well.

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:03 PM »
BUMP
Very curios as well.
If you get an answer I'd love to know

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 05, 2018, 05:00:44 AM »
I have TLV-NYC booked with IB in J (IB avios on IB metal) as 2 separate bookings, one for TLV-MAD and another for MAD-JFK a day later. What i didn't realize was that in regard to adding an INF i just made things a lot more expensive.

While if you book TLV-JFK in one booking you will pay 10% of the revenue for for INF which is about $246 (revenue is $2,460). However now that i have to separately add the INF to 2 bookings i now have to pay 10% of TLV-MAD which is $153 (revenue is $1,530) and also 10$ of MAD-JFK which is $635 (revenue is $6,350 :-[ ).

Making me pay $788 to add the INF as a lap infant. (No more availability to buy a seat in J)

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

If a TA books this as a INF for TLV-JFK (as one trip which would only cost me $246) would IB then allow me to attach the INF to our bookings though we don't have TLV-JFK booked as one booking?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 07, 2018, 03:00:13 PM »
I have TLV-NYC booked with IB in J (IB avios on IB metal) as 2 separate bookings, one for TLV-MAD and another for MAD-JFK a day later. What i didn't realize was that in regard to adding an INF i just made things a lot more expensive.

While if you book TLV-JFK in one booking you will pay 10% of the revenue for for INF which is about $246 (revenue is $2,460). However now that i have to separately add the INF to 2 bookings i now have to pay 10% of TLV-MAD which is $153 (revenue is $1,530) and also 10$ of MAD-JFK which is $635 (revenue is $6,350 :-[ ).

Making me pay $788 to add the INF as a lap infant. (No more availability to buy a seat in J)

If a TA books this as a INF for TLV-JFK (as one trip which would only cost me $246) would IB then allow me to attach the INF to our bookings though we don't have TLV-JFK booked as one booking?
BUMP

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 08, 2018, 04:46:33 AM »
Not this exact situation, but I've done an infant on united OW and I've called up several times. Sometimes they'll quote me what appears to be 10% of half a rt, and sometimes 10 of OW. In that case the OW was higher, so I benefited from (what appeared to be) the rt estimate. The wrinkle in that story is they actually charged my card closer to the 10% of the ow - about 200 higher than was quoted to me on the phone. They are being very difficult about the refund.

Offline a mirrer

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 08, 2018, 09:01:31 AM »

it shouldn't be an issue as the baby will be ticketed on both legs. maybe have a ta issue a ticket and call and try to attach it to one booking at a time and see if it works and if not have the ta void the ticket.

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 08, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
it shouldn't be an issue as the baby will be ticketed on both legs. maybe have a ta issue a ticket and call and try to attach it to one booking at a time and see if it works and if not have the ta void the ticket.
Is there a bigger chance of this working in the airport?

I'm debating whether to try this now or have a TA issue the ticket within 24 hours of my flight in order to try this at the checkin counter.

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 08, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »
Is there a bigger chance of this working in the airport?

I'm debating whether to try this now or have a TA issue the ticket within 24 hours of my flight in order to try this at the checkin counter.
Why not try not and if it doesn't work try again 24 hours before

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #735 on: January 16, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »

The closest I had to this situation was when I tried to add an infant to a FlyingBlue award redemption DL/SU for JFK-TLV and AF for TLV-JFK. Flying Blue didn't charge ANYTHING for the award ticket. We were delayed at JFK check-in with DL, but eventually boarded. Connection at SVO was major delay, but eventually seems like they issued their own ticket at N/C (what was their option? child had no Russian visa, so couldn't leave stranded at SVO).

On the return needed to get a one way infant ticket. However that was more expensive than a RT TLV-JFK-TLV, so I booked a revenue RT ticket for the adult using OTA TLV-JFK-TLV with the return far out. Then called AF/DL to purchase INF ticket. Checked in at TLV using FB issued adult ticket and child INF ticket (cancelled adult ticket on OTA) had major delays because adult was OW TLV-JFK while INF was RT, but eventually they let it through.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #736 on: January 16, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
DW just returned for a trip to TLV with INF booked through AC on UA for outbound and LX for return (originally booked LX both ways, but UA opened up on day of travel for outbound, so changed, thanks to @efflpetzel for posting).

Booked adult online on Aeroplan.ca, and then called to add INF.

Then called LX to request Bassinet, they said the INF wasn't attached, told me to call AC. After about 1.5 hours total going back and forth, finally LX said they were able to request Bassinet.

When changed to UA, called to request bulkhead. They said no INF ticket attached. After about 40 minutes on the phone, with UA (rather competent) agent contacting UA ticketing to create a UA PNR based on the AC ticket number (which UA reservations cannot pull up) they were able to attach, and off to the airport it was. At check-in again some delays and issues, but eventually worked out.

On return check-in at TLV LX said no INF ticket attached. Sent to ticketing counter, gave them ticket number there, and they were able to attach. Almost missed flight.

Caveat emptor. AC seems to be doing something wrong when attaching an INF ticket to a partner award redemption.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 21, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »
I booked TLV-SFO-DEN for 75k UA on Polaris. The infant price came to $400 plus tax. Is that a normal price give or take $100? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:53:37 PM by Mountain Man »
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 21, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »
I booked TLV-SFO-DEN for 75k UA on Polaris. The infant price came to $400 plus tax. Is that a normal price give or take $100? Thanks!
Yes, that’s around 10% of published (standard infant rate).

If you had booked this via AC (Aeroplan), mileage would’ve been 82.5k for the one way, but infant fee would be 100 CAD ($80 USD).

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 21, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »
Yes, that’s around 10% of published (standard infant rate).

If you had booked this via AC (Aeroplan), mileage would’ve been 82.5k for the one way, but infant fee would be 100 CAD ($80 USD).
I saw that. I'm debating to cancel but what I'd really like to do would be to book with ANA which looks like 208k RT plus fees in business.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.