Topic Wiki

Aeroplan - Flat Fee per booking $50 (coach), $100 (Business), $125 (First) All the these prices are CAD. Plus tax.  - or can use miles (bus was 10k so assume @ 100/$1 for any)
Alaska Mileage Plan- Does not issue infant tickets.
American - 10% of full fare
British Airways - Taxes and 10% of miles
Lufthansa/Miles & More - Taxes (Usually $17.50)
United - 10% of full fare
US Airways - 10% of full fare
singapore- 10% of full fare (when flying Sq you could find a date showing a discounted fare)
ANA?
IB - 10% Full fare
Asiana- 10% of the adult mileage ticket, plus taxes & fees
« Last edited by foseph on October 11, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

Author Topic: Infant On Reward Ticket Master Thread  (Read 168693 times)

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Infant On Reward Ticket Master Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
i was able to do that just by calling the airline themselves.. +10 to airline CS...
Which airline? Its unheard of doing this through the airline. I did a lot of reading on it.
So then the TA will cancel the RT adult fare the infant was bought with? And the infant ticket will survive the cancellation?
No she issued a RT just for the infant and attached it to the OW adult, new confirmation code and ticket number for infant. She said that at the airport they may ask you who is returning with the infant to which I should reply we haven't decided yet and they shouldn't give me any problems. She said she does this for customers all the time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
No she issued a RT just for the infant and attached it to the OW adult, new confirmation code and ticket number for infant. She said that at the airport they may ask you who is returning with the infant to which I should reply we haven't decided yet and they shouldn't give me any problems. She said she does this for customers all the time.
I don't buy it.  You can't just issue infant tickets without an adult AFAIK.  My only thought is to cancel the RT adult and salvage the infant ticket somehow.  Then get the infant ticket number attached to your OW ticket.

At least that's what I'd imagine would have to be done.  CMIIW.  The real question is if that can be pulled off to book the infant a coach ticket and then attach it to a business ticket...
WhyAich feel free to chime in.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
So what do you make of this?

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Which airline? Its unheard of doing this through the airline. I did a lot of reading on it.No she issued a RT just for the infant and attached it to the OW adult, new confirmation code and ticket number for infant. She said that at the airport they may ask you who is returning with the infant to which I should reply we haven't decided yet and they shouldn't give me any problems. She said she does this for customers all the time.
i did it with delta directly for a one way ticket nyc-tlv. it cost me 100$ which would have cost me $300- and she told me that after the travel date i can call back and say im not returning and they will give me back the airport taxes than. So i have no idea how she was able to do it- but i do know it was done and when i call to check and make sure theres an infant there theres no problem... can i not trust her?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »
So what do you make of this?

What does that prove?  Why can't that be a child being added onto an adult ticket that will be cancelled?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
What does that prove?  Why can't that be a child being added onto an adult ticket that will be cancelled?
I guess your right though she didn't make it seem like that at all.
i did it with delta directly for a one way ticket nyc-tlv. it cost me 100$ which would have cost me $300- and she told me that after the travel date i can call back and say im not returning and they will give me back the airport taxes than. So i have no idea how she was able to do it- but i do know it was done and when i call to check and make sure theres an infant there theres no problem... can i not trust her?
I guess she did something similar to what my TA did. Interesting that you got it done. AA refused.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:03:13 PM by Mocha »

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »

WhyAich feel free to chime in.

Can you chime a email reply? :)

tired today :) alot of school lately :)

It's basically like what you said, then you take the e-ticket number and attach it to your PNR...
the risk involved is that sometimes the agent at check in wont find it.

i know we also do it when people fly Qantas because they charge alot for an infant and we can price it AA :)

it can be done with many airlines but my boss doesn't like to do it because of the risk so we don't take any responsibility.

I would suggest doing this when there is A. a big gain and B. not such a great risk, i.e  you're flying one airline (someone called me with a reservation that had
3 arilines attached to it...much easier for someone not being able to find the infant and then $$$ problems)

PS after ticketing the infant you have 24 hrs to cancel, so you can call the airlines attach it and follow up, and if you're not comfortable you cancel....
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
PS after ticketing the infant you have 24 hrs to cancel, so you can call the airlines attach it and follow up, and if you're not comfortable you cancel....
No risk involved in the call?

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »
what should be the risk?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
Have you tried booking the child with an adult in coach and attaching the childs eticket number to a J/F reservation?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
i never did... maybe worth trying on domestic flight.... not such a big risk.... you're either in front of the curtain or behind
Huh? Why would you need an infant ticket on a domestic flight?

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
Huh? Why would you need an infant ticket on a domestic flight?

tired....sorry

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
Anyone with an upcoming business/first flight want to try and see if this works with an infant coach ticket attached?

I'm willing to put in $100 to start a pot to pay the volunteer in case the worst case scenario happens and they catch on and insist on you paying 10% of the full business/first fare at the gate.  Anyone want to contribute or volunteer?  You could save yourself a small fortune!

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Anyone with an upcoming business/first flight want to try and see if this works with an infant coach ticket attached?

I'm willing to put in $100 to start a pot to pay the volunteer in case the worst case scenario happens and they catch on and insist on you paying 10% of the full business/first fare at the gate.  Anyone want to contribute or volunteer?  You could save yourself a small fortune!

even though i'm probably not flying for a long time in forst class (i just dream of it :) ) i'll put $100 too!

(dan i'm guessing you think it's gonna work ?)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
(dan i'm guessing you think it's gonna work ?)
Once it's attached I don't see why it wouldn't work, so I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.
We now have $200 in the pot.
On a $1,000 infant ticket you can probably save $900 by trying out this method and there will be a pot if you get to the airport and run into any problems and need to pay for the $1,000 ticket.  Not too much downside.

Any more contributors or volunteers?

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2012, 04:46:01 PM »

Any more contributors or volunteers?

BUMP.

why do threads go dead when it comes to money? :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
why do threads go dead when it comes to money? :)

+1

Should I start paging all the people who fly with kids? :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Devorah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »
If you want to upgrade my mileage tickets to bus/first next time I fly, I'll be happy to do it :-).

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »

I have a better deal, someone contribute the infant, I'll buy myself a J/F award.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
I have a better deal, someone contribute the infant, I'll buy myself a J/F award.
you can have mine. Do you do pickups in Israel? He has another month till he's 2. I'll pack a bag