Author Topic: Free $179 Clear Membership Amex Offer (Targeted?) on Gold Card (maybe other's)  (Read 3805 times)

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Does Clear use the date you sign up as the start date for your membership year? Or is it the date that you finish enrollment at the airport?

For example, let’s say I do the online registration process on 7/18, but I don’t actually go to the airport to finish my enrollment until 8/22. Which of those two dates serves as the start date for my membership year?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
How do i get to sign up with united to get the $109 price i don't see that option ?

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
How do i get to sign up with united to get the $109 price i don't see that option ?

Here you go: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/clear.html

Offline Jack11223

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Any DP using the Gold card and signing up with united (109) + additional family member (60) and having the full fee refunded

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Any point in getting the united discount or just use the full value refund from the amex gold card that has the offer? or it wont trigger if you don't have the 169 charge?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Any point in getting the united discount or just use the full value refund from the amex gold card that has the offer? or it wont trigger if you don't have the 169 charge?
No difference on the gold offer

Offline HoKo

• View Profile

If you intend to continue using clear after the first year then it would be nice to already be setup with the discounted United rate.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
If you intend to continue using clear after the first year then it would be nice to already be setup with the discounted United rate.
But any idea if the credit from Amex will post or the charge needs to be the complete $169?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
But any idea if the credit from Amex will post or the charge needs to be the complete $169?

The exact language of the offer is "Get 100% back as a one-time statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase online at clearme.com by 10/30/2021. Limit of 1 statement credit of up to $179."

Since it says "up to $179" I think you should be fine