Author Topic: Transferring Contacts To New Phone - Help  (Read 4187 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring Contacts To New Phone - Help
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 08:07:34 PM »
Had a 3G Phone with i bluetoothed all 300 contacts to another 4g flip phone, now when trying to import them all they all came as a separate vcf file so this is where this site came in to merge them and all and worked like a charm, saving me the time from needing to click import for all 300 contacts.

Saved to a folder, tried following what they recommended and put in c and then wrote contacts or whatever name on the file and then hit enter and then put the next command in like they mentioned and they merged to one big file, was really cool.
  These cdm commands are one neat feature that a computer has, wouldn't mind taking a course on this.

Here's what i followed.

https://helpdesk.macroplant.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019027693-How-do-I-combine-all-vCards-into-a-single-vCard-on-my-PC-

If you like windows command prompt check out its big brother, PowerShell.

That’s a basic script that combines copied the contents of each vCard into one long file, basically the equivalent of opening in NotePad and copy/paste.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Transferring Contacts To New Phone - Help
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
If you like windows command prompt check out its big brother, PowerShell.

That’s a basic script that combines copied the contents of each vCard into one long file, basically the equivalent of opening in NotePad and copy/paste.
Used that for installing and removing select items on the flip phones.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501