Poll

Do you think being off Twitter is helping Trump’s popularity?

Yes, being off Twitter is helping his popularity.
7 (70%)
No, being off Twitter is hurting his popularity.
1 (10%)
No, being off Twitter is not affecting his popularity either way.
2 (20%)
Other (explain below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump more popular among Republicans because he’s off Twitter?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
An all too common result of censorship, Twitter’s banning of Trump may have backfired. It appears Trump is as popular as he’s ever been among Republicans, and there might be one key thing to point to- he’s not shooting off deranged tweets on a near constant basis.

Many have said that if he’d have kept off Twitter during his presidency he might have won re-election handily. On the other hand, many believe his active and engaging social media presence was precisely what kept him relevant and popular both before and during his presidency.

Thoughts?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Trump saved Twitter
Twitter is saving Trump
Pay for play
["-"]

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I agree that his being kicked off of Twitter (and Facebook etc) has made him more popular, but not for the reason you write.

Support of Trump is (and always was) largely the flip side of people's opposition to these companies (and Democrats) bad actions.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
I think Trump should re-emerge into the limelight with a much more mature tone, and he’ll sweep the entire Republican and Independent sectors. Hardcores already love him, and others like his policies. I think that by coming out looking presidential now he can portray to people - who tend to forget the small details over time - that he could be a great president.   

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I think Trump should re-emerge into the limelight with a much more mature tone, and he’ll sweep the entire Republican and Independent sectors. Hardcores already love him, and others like his policies. I think that by coming out looking presidential now he can portray to people - who tend to forget the small details over time - that he could be a great president.

May I suggest that you read the first part of your signature.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent

We're almost at the end

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
I think Twitter was both good and bad for Trump. The way I see it, Rs don't like what's going on now and would have preferred Trump got four more years, Twitter or not.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael