Author Topic: Mistakes hotels have made with your travel meals  (Read 942 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Mistakes hotels have made with your travel meals
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:45:56 PM »
After a few hiccups with various hotels in various countries when heating up our travel meals - I thought others might be able to benefit from knowing about these potential mistakes hotels can make. Id be curious to hear if anyone else had issues that could be preventable

I'll start with a few. I dont think the specific hotel matters (not that i even remember). We have always used pom meals so my examples are "oven" pomegranate meals.

We usually speak with the chef directly or in some cases the hotel staff passes along the instructions on how to keep the meals frozen until we want them prepared, and how to heat the meals up.

- We were headed out on a boat excursion and had the hotel prepare the meals for us early morning to bring along for lunch. They wheeled in a food warmer a few minutes before our transportation was picking us up. Inside we found beautiful plates and bowls with our food nicely displayed inside and wrapped in saran wrap. They had taken the food out of the foil pans to heat them up and serve to us. Thankfully we had some snacks to bring with us and hold us over until dinner.

- After meeting the chef on arrival to the property, we asked him to prepare 2 meals to be sent to the room in an hour. When they arrived, everything was perfectly intact except for 2 small holes in the top of each meal...Genius! They had used a treif thermometer to make sure they were hot enough!

- Less exciting but sometimes the hotel will heat them up and once we open them we find they didn't heat them long enough. Someone posted this suggestion once and we have used it numerous times. We now bring along a small hot plate so we can heat the meal up further if needed. Here is a link to the one we use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FYF3OY?tag=cl03f-20

My apologies if a thread like this exists already or if I'm posting in the wrong place.