Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Master Thread  (Read 69649 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: #DeathSantis
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2021, 10:21:40 AM »
What does masks have to do with politics. You want to make it politics.
Yes when someone doesn't accept the science behind masks I call them "head buried in the sand".
The same as those who don't accept the science behind vaccines.
I attack R's and D's all the time like Lightfoot, Cuomo and others. You on the other hand defend every R.
STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH LIVES!!!
That only means that this is the politics. Why does his stupid move about masks need to mean that other things he does are also bad?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
That only means that this is the politics. Why does his stupid move about masks need to mean that other things he does are also bad?
Wait a second. Who said the other things are bad? Seems none of you can think straight.

This is a good thing after the fact.
https://www.local10.com/news/florida/2021/08/12/desantis-sets-plan-for-regeneron-and-monoclonal-antibodies-to-fight-covid-19/

Things need to be done to help not get the virus. He has failed 100% on that front. Not only failed but made things worse with his political policies.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »
Wait a second. Who said the other things are bad? Seems none of you can think straight.

This is a good thing after the fact.
Things need to be done to help not get the virus. He has failed 100% on that front. Not only failed but made things worse with his political policies.
The problem is you've been brainwashed to believe there is only 1 viable solution to the virus, and anyone who doesn't follow your preferred solution is a murderer and anything else done to save lives is worthless. Now that you've been called out on it you slightly walked it back by saying that it's a good thing after the fact while still stressing that your solution is not politics and anything that doesn't include your preferred solution is politics and akin to murder.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2021, 10:39:58 AM »
The problem is you've been brainwashed to believe there is only 1 viable solution to the virus, and anyone who doesn't follow your preferred solution is a murderer and anything else done to save lives is worthless. Now that you've been called out on it you slightly walked it back by saying that it's a good thing after the fact while still stressing that your solution is not politics and anything that doesn't include your preferred solution is politics and akin to murder.
You are one of the most dishonest posters on this forum. I never said in any way his Regeneron solution was bad or not a good idea. You automatically assumed that. Next time ask before you assume and make another dishonest post.

The first and best defense is not getting the virus. There are many tools in the tool box to help with this and masks have been proven to help. The reason this is constantly brought up because it is a no-brainer thing to do.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2021, 10:43:49 AM »
You are one of the most dishonest posters on this forum. I never said in any way his Regeneron solution was bad or not a good idea. You automatically assumed that. Next time ask before you assume and make another dishonest post.

The first and best defense is not getting the virus. There are many tools in the tool box to help with this and masks have been proven to help. The reason this is constantly brought up because it is a no-brainer thing to do.
Your only response was to attack him, that tells everyone that you are saying it's a bad idea.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2021, 11:05:59 AM »
Goalposts move again. Now it is "proportional". Dr Death at its finest.

“There’s been no change in the proportion of pediatric patients who are COVID positive,” he said on Wednesday. “Obviously, we have more people that are COVID positive in the hospital than we did six weeks ago, so the raw numbers are increasing for everybody.”
Ontario disputes that
 https://twitter.com/dfisman/status/1426178899227054087
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2021, 11:10:46 AM »
It's not a "dispute" if it's a different place with different numbers.

Of course the percentage kids among the positives will be higher with the vaccine.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
Your only response was to attack him, that tells everyone that you are saying it's a bad idea.
100% wrong!!! He pushes vaccines. That is a good policy. Regeneron is a good policy. I never attacked either one of them.

You assume to many things. Your assumptions have my hate towards Trump as the root. You need to get past that.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »
It's not a "dispute" if it's a different place with different numbers.

Of course the percentage kids among the positives will be higher with the vaccine.
The question is about percent of kids hospitalized out of kids with cases, so your point is irrelevant.

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »
The question is about percent of kids hospitalized out of kids with cases, so your point is irrelevant.
But is that what DeSantis was referring to?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2021, 11:44:24 AM »
100% wrong!!! He pushes vaccines. That is a good policy. Regeneron is a good policy. I never attacked either one of them.

You assume to many things. Your assumptions have my hate towards Trump as the root. You need to get past that.
My assumption is due to your unwavering animosity toward DeSantis. When your only response is to repeat the same thing yet again without as much as acknowledging that it's a good policy, I don't know how you expect anyone to think you approve.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2021, 11:51:02 AM »
I don't know how you expect anyone to think you approve.
Here is a crazy idea, ASK!!!

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2021, 11:54:29 AM »
Here is a crazy idea, ASK!!!
Here's a crazier idea, don't say one thing when you mean something else. Sorry, I'm not going to be questioning and clarifying every obscure possibility of what your post may mean.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2021, 11:54:50 AM »

A) I made two separate points.
B) Even in regard to DeSantis's claims, from what I've been reading (on left leaning sites) the CDC's numbers back him up. Though I'm weary to share, 'cause stats are easy to manipulate and twist to show what you want.

Another thing to remember is the "with covid" differentiation is actually significant among kids. The younger you go, the higher the percentage of people who are hospitalized for something unrelated to covid but test positive and are included in the hospitalization numbers. This is according to the CDC's report, not some right wing quackery.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »

D's all the time like Lightfoot,
Time Out Chicago: Chicago officials say Lollapalooza wasn't a super-spreading event.
https://www.timeout.com/chicago/news/chicago-officials-say-lollapalooza-wasnt-a-super-spreading-event-081221

Yahoo! Voices: 203 cases of COVID-19 linked to Chicago's Lollapalooza.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/203-cases-covid-19-linked-155236851.html

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »
Here's a crazier idea, don't say one thing when you mean something else. Sorry, I'm not going to be questioning and clarifying every obscure possibility of what your post may mean.
This is why I call your posts dishonest. You take "your" assumption on what I said and post it as if I said that. That is being totally dishonest.

I never said Regeneron was a bad idea. You assumed that and presented it as if I did say it was a bad idea.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »
This is why I call your posts dishonest. You take "your" assumption on what I said and post it as if I said that. That is being totally dishonest.

I never said Regeneron was a bad idea. You assumed that and presented it as if I did say it was a bad idea.
The fact that your only response was "but he didn't mandate masks" is very telling. If you want to walk that back the onus is on you.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »
The fact that your only response was "but he didn't mandate masks" is very telling. If you want to walk that back the onus is on you.
Hell no!!! You claimed I walked backed the Regeneron comment which is 100% dishonest as the only comment I made on it was that it was a good idea.

There are plenty of off the wall comments I make you can rightfully call out. Do you really want to die on this hill?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »
Hell no!!! You claimed I walked backed the Regeneron comment which is 100% dishonest as the only comment I made on it was that it was a good idea.

There are plenty of off the wall comments I make you can rightfully call out. Do you really want to die on this hill?
This is not the only one. Your mantra has been to attack DeSantis regardless of what he does. Until you stop this charade, anytime you attack him any reasonable person will assume you are saying it's a bad idea. Additionally, because you are attacking him even when he does something objectively good that means you are attacking him because of politics, you have no right to come back and say "I really like what he did". If you want to be honest, you'd stop attacking everyone you don't like regardless of what they do.

Aren't you the one who accused me of always picking one side?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »
This is not the only one. Your mantra has been to attack DeSantis regardless of what he does. Until you stop this charade, anytime you attack him any reasonable person will assume you are saying it's a bad idea. Additionally, because you are attacking him even when he does something objectively good that means you are attacking him because of politics, you have no right to come back and say "I really like what he did". If you want to be honest, you'd stop attacking everyone you don't like regardless of what they do.

Aren't you the one who accused me of always picking one side?
He fights just about everything to help stop getting the virus in the first place. Of course I am going to attack everyone of his failed policies on that.

He promotes getting the vaccine. That is a good policy. Mandating would be better if the current epidemic in his state doesn't change.

Lets see if you can be honest. Which of his policies for covid have been failures?