Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Master Thread  (Read 71457 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: #DeathSantis
« Reply #300 on: September 01, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »
Are other states reporting like this as well? The media has been terrible with this throughout, reporting on backlogged data getting added as daily spikes.

Many other states are reporting the same way, and the hit piece by The Herald even admits that.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #301 on: September 01, 2021, 11:44:00 AM »
I can't believe this. The reason they switched is because it was beneficial to them. They were getting hammered with new records every day. This lessened the blow. I don't care which way they report but do care why they did the change.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #302 on: September 01, 2021, 11:48:09 AM »
I can't believe this. The reason they switched is because it was beneficial to them. They were getting hammered with new records every day. This lessened the blow. I don't care which way they report but do care why they did the change.

Who disputed that? I said as much thread, but then you went on a tangent about how they're claiming that deaths are declining, which they aren't doing. What can't you believe?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »
Who disputed that? I said as much thread, but then you went on a tangent about how they're claiming that deaths are declining, which they aren't doing.
Is this true?

This means, going by the previous methodology, Florida death data should show an average of 262 daily deaths reported to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention over the previous week. But, the unexplained and sudden shift in counting deaths showed just 46 “new death” per day in the last week, showing a significant dip in the death rate even as the cases and deaths continue to soar, the analysis pointed out.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2021, 11:55:28 AM »
Is this true?

This means, going by the previous methodology, Florida death data should show an average of 262 daily deaths reported to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention over the previous week. But, the unexplained and sudden shift in counting deaths showed just 46 “new death” per day in the last week, showing a significant dip in the death rate even as the cases and deaths continue to soar, the analysis pointed out.

How do they know that they are continuing to soar?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 01, 2021, 11:55:35 AM »
Is this true?

REPORTED. Not OCCURRED. You're mixing the 2 up. Which is why they changed how they're announcing them.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 01, 2021, 12:01:37 PM »
REPORTED. Not OCCURRED. You're mixing the 2 up. Which is why they changed how they're announcing them.
I am not mixing up anything I asked a simple question.

Now in coming days the 46 number will increase as more deaths are reported for that day. At that time it is old news.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 01, 2021, 12:02:41 PM »
How do they know that they are continuing to soar?
If they keep changing the reporting system you will never know.  :)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 01, 2021, 12:04:52 PM »
I am not mixing up anything I asked a simple question.

Now in coming days the 46 number will increase as more deaths are reported for that day. At that time it is old news.

And before, when they reported 262 a day, it was also old news. Those deaths occurred anywhere between 1 and 90 days earlier.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 01, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
And before, when they reported 262 a day, it was also old news. Those deaths occurred anywhere between 1 and 90 days earlier.
That number never changed so it was something to gauge deaths trending up or down. Was it lagging number, yes.

This all boils down to why they did it. It was because on the surface it will look like less deaths. 262 to 46 is less.  ::)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 01, 2021, 12:15:29 PM »
That number never changed so it was something to gauge deaths trending up or down. Was it lagging number, yes.

This all boils down to why they did it. It was because on the surface it will look like less deaths. 262 to 46 is less.  ::)

Honestly, I complained about how they used to do it. I found it inaccurate and unhelpful. You can probably dig up some of my rants on the subject in the FL Covid dishonesty thread. It may have been politically motivated now, but it's still probably the right way to do it.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 01, 2021, 12:19:40 PM »
Honestly, I complained about how they used to do it. I found it inaccurate and unhelpful. You can probably dig up some of my rants on the subject in the FL Covid dishonesty thread. It may have been politically motivated now, but it's still probably the right way to do it.
I don't care which way they report as they both lag and both will come up with the same amount of deaths eventually.

The point is why the change. You can believe because they feel it is more accurate or you can believe they did it because they believe it would lessen the blow right now.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 01, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »
I don't care which way they report as they both lag and both will come up with the same amount of deaths eventually.

The point is why the change. You can believe because they feel it is more accurate or you can believe they did it because they believe it would lessen the blow right now.

Who cares why? The results are all that actually matter.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2021, 12:27:54 PM »
Who cares why?
Then you are talking to the wrong person.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 01, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »
Then you are talking to the wrong person.

And I'm in the wrong board... my bad.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cover-up-florida-s-maga-governor-in-covid-scandal-on-death-count-data/vi-AANZWOz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Just so we're clear: you agree that this is the proper way to report it in terms of accuracy, but you have a problem with FL switching their reporting methods because it may have been done to help DeSantis politically?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2021, 01:55:28 PM »
Just so we're clear: you agree that this is the proper way to report it in terms of accuracy, but you have a problem with FL switching their reporting methods because it may have been done to help DeSantis politically?
Second part yes. The first part I am not sure as they both seem accurate.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »
Second part yes. The first part I am not sure as they both seem accurate.

Second part seems to be predicated on the first part, no? If they made the right call, and it also helps them, are we still mad at them for doing the right thing? Seems to me you should probably figure out if it's the right call or not before getting all huffy about it.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2021, 02:37:04 PM »
Second part seems to be predicated on the first part, no? If they made the right call, and it also helps them, are we still mad at them for doing the right thing? Seems to me you should probably figure out if it's the right call or not before getting all huffy about it.
I tried wording my post so we wouldn't have to go 100 pages but I have failed so let me be blunt.  :)
No it is not more accurate.