Author Topic: PS4 Assistance Needed  (Read 1281 times)

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
PS4 Assistance Needed
« on: August 12, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »
I know that you can set parental controls on a ps4. But from what I understand the parent account needs to create the child account as a new account. An existing parent account cannot be downgraded to a child account.

So, my problem is this: I have an existing parent account with lots of data (games, status, etc..) tied to it and as a parent account I cannot restrict it but if I create the child account it would be a new account and lose all that data.  :(

Does anyone have any ideas? Google has only provided me with this, which is essentially the same question I have: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8lw928/family_management_how_to_set_an_existing_account/

TIA
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Assistance Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 10:23:57 PM »
I know that you can set parental controls on a ps4. But from what I understand the parent account needs to create the child account as a new account. An existing parent account cannot be downgraded to a child account.

So, my problem is this: I have an existing parent account with lots of data (games, status, etc..) tied to it and as a parent account I cannot restrict it but if I create the child account it would be a new account and lose all that data.  :(

Does anyone have any ideas? Google has only provided me with this, which is essentially the same question I have: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8lw928/family_management_how_to_set_an_existing_account/

TIA
Sounds like a type of problem SONY can probably help with. Maybe they have a way to transfer the data...

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Assistance Needed
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 10:28:13 PM »
Wouldn't a new child account have access to all your purchases?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/