Poll

Do you know anyone that had the Delta Variant?

No
20 (64.5%)
1 to 5 people
3 (9.7%)
6 and Above.
8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Do you know anyone that had the covid Delta Variant?  (Read 7949 times)

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know anyone that had the covid Delta Variant?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2021, 07:18:10 PM »
Abbott tests are about $25 a piece cost burden on the Urgent care.

Are you including staff time? The test itself is ~$6

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2021, 08:10:51 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2021, 09:02:41 PM »
Germany overall vaccination rate is 56%, so I don't know how much that difference is.

They avoided the wave by vaccine passports, high quality masking, and quarantine compliance. More freedom than the inevitable lockdown that will happen in the Red south.

You think 44% (or whatever the percentage is for eligible adults) of Germans don't want to vaccinate, or just haven't had the chance? Is supply in Europe still an issue?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2021, 12:19:30 AM »
Then again, avromie7 posted that his wife’s positive rapid made them not attend a Simcha 2 days before their (positive) PCRs came back, so there’s that. If people are going to go about life without a positive PCR, and PCRs take 24-48 hours for results, then positive rapids will help somewhat mitigate the effects (especially since they are most contagious at that point).  But yeah I agree I kept hearing “I’m fine, I was negative” only to find out they meant a rapid with despite obvious COVID symptoms.

If I have symptoms, what does it matter if it was negative or positive. So you have a scenario where the rapid is a bit of a help for someone who might not be willing to wait, but in the big picture - you have all the false negatives, and all the people that think COVID tests aren’t accurate because they don’t know the difference between rapid and PCR, the rapids simply aren’t worth it. 
Visibly Jewish

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2021, 05:52:06 AM »
You think 44% (or whatever the percentage is for eligible adults) of Germans don't want to vaccinate, or just haven't had the chance? Is supply in Europe still an issue?
I don't think supply is an issue. Would imagine it's simple reluctance. I'm sure there is data one way or the other
If I have symptoms, what does it matter if it was negative or positive. So you have a scenario where the rapid is a bit of a help for someone who might not be willing to wait, but in the big picture - you have all the false negatives, and all the people that think COVID tests aren’t accurate because they don’t know the difference between rapid and PCR, the rapids simply aren’t worth it. 
There are indications those with negative rapids aren't contagious even if PCRs are positive.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2021, 06:30:18 AM »
Because "having symptoms" is a vague term. If you have all the typical COVID symptoms it's one thing, but especially in the first few days the symptoms can easily be assumed to be a simple cold and/or overtired. Taking a COVID test is prudent, but you can't expect people to lock up every time they have the sniffles.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2021, 07:02:07 AM »
The desperation to deny reality that would lead OP to question whether a variant with millions of people infected is real or not is unbelievable.

https://twitter.com/erlichya/status/1426469525239779329

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2021, 09:18:51 AM »
There are indications those with negative rapids aren't contagious even if PCRs are positive.
Source? Is this with symptoms?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »
Because "having symptoms" is a vague term. If you have all the typical COVID symptoms it's one thing, but especially in the first few days the symptoms can easily be assumed to be a simple cold and/or overtired. Taking a COVID test is prudent, but you can't expect people to lock up every time they have the sniffles.
And I know of someone who lost taste/smell, but came to shul because he tested negative on an antigen test ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2021, 03:10:05 PM »
And I know of someone who lost taste/smell, but came to shul because he tested negative on an antigen test ::)
Don't we have a thread for those people?

That being said, there are people who lose their taste and smell from other mild viruses. My father was convinced he didn't have COVID (was in the early days when everyone was locked down and there were no tests) even though he lost his taste/small. Eventually he tested positive for antibodies.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2021, 01:05:50 AM »

I take the rapid and whether it comes out positive or negative I still have literally no clue whether I have COVID or not, all I have is my symptoms. So if I'm cautious I stay under the radar until I get my PCR back and if not I walk around freely unless I get a positive PCR, the rapid is meaningless anyways.

Overall, I'd say the amount of incorrect rapid results tremendously undermined the public faith in testing.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2021, 01:06:27 AM »

In my case I infected my sibling and his wife, so it ain't true
Visibly Jewish

Offline Ellen

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2021, 02:18:32 AM »
Everywhere?
I don't think any country accepts rapids besides for the US.
Greece and Ukraine do

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2021, 03:50:57 AM »
You could've infected them before/after the negative rapid test.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2021, 08:18:25 AM »
You could've infected them before/after the negative rapid test.

Is that the claim - that before/after rapid I was infectious while at the very instant of testing I was no longer infectious?

In my case I infected them before the negative rapid, and the rapid was taken at the same time as the positive PCR. Tests were taken a couple days after my symptoms started.
Visibly Jewish

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2021, 08:44:06 AM »
Is that the claim - that before/after rapid I was infectious while at the very instant of testing I was no longer infectious?

In my case I infected them before the negative rapid, and the rapid was taken at the same time as the positive PCR. Tests were taken a couple days after my symptoms started.
We know peak contagiousness is before symptoms.

A negative test only gives you status for the time it was taken and has zero implication about before/after.

There is evidence that when rapids are negative and PCRs are positive, there is less likely to be enough viral load to transmit to others.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »

It’s also possible they infected you. Impossible to be 100% sure with the prevalence of COVID.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2021, 02:24:51 AM »
It’s also possible they infected you. Impossible to be 100% sure with the prevalence of COVID.

I started feeling slight symptoms shortly before I was with them. It wasn't much but I kept track of the slightest symptoms in case it turned into real symptoms so I could backtrack.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2021, 02:24:57 AM »
We know peak contagiousness is before symptoms.

A negative test only gives you status for the time it was taken and has zero implication about before/after.

There is evidence that when rapids are negative and PCRs are positive, there is less likely to be enough viral load to transmit to others.

If no matter when the rapid is taken, it's gonna be negative because I must've been contagiousness before/after, then your whole premise is a farce. If a theory can't be proven false, it can't be proven true either and deserves no discussion.

If peak contagiousness is before symptoms, and rapids are negative when not contagious, hardly anyone you know would ever test positive on a rapid. I'm just not buying it, sounds like complete BS to me.
Visibly Jewish

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2021, 07:19:34 AM »
If no matter when the rapid is taken, it's gonna be negative because I must've been contagiousness before/after, then your whole premise is a farce. If a theory can't be proven false, it can't be proven true either and deserves no discussion.

If peak contagiousness is before symptoms, and rapids are negative when not contagious, hardly anyone you know would ever test positive on a rapid. I'm just not buying it, sounds like complete BS to me.

Every test is only indicative of the time it was taken. That is well established.

Peak transmission is before symptom onset, that is also well established.

People can be PCR positive and not contagious, that is well established.

When people are PCT positive and antigen negative, they have lower viral loads, is pretty well established as well.

Which part do you 'think is BS'?

The use case for rapids is to screen people who may be contagious even if they don't present symptoms, such as travellers, people exposed to covid cases, or just screening general population before large gatherings or VIP meetings.