Author Topic: Afghanistan Falls To The Taliban After US Withdrawal  (Read 93397 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Afghanistan Falls To The Taliban After US Withdrawal
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2021, 12:59:25 PM »
How so?

You blame Biden for the bungled withdrawal.

My answer is that these scenes would have always happened once the Americans left. It would've happened a year ago under Trump now under Biden or ten years from now.

Afganistan was always going to fall like a house of cards the minute we left, and there was always going to be chaos as we left.
Then why didn't we evacuate our people, our allies, and our equipment beforehand? This is the single issue with no excuse.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2021, 01:09:19 PM »
Then why didn't we evacuate our people, our allies, and our equipment beforehand? This is the single issue with no excuse.
Our people have been evacuated for the most part, the vast majority of evaccuees now are people who have or are trying to get SIV's.

The equipment was given to the Afgan Army with the same idiotic logic as giving the Iraqi army all our equipment leading to similar scenes of Islamic state driving our Humvees & enjoying our weaponry when they took over in Iraq.

It all boils down to the same short sighted US foreign policy.

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2021, 01:14:23 PM »
If I am not mistaken you believe if it was the last admin or the current one pulling out was the right thing to do, correct?
Correct.

I want to hear why you don't agree with that?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2021, 01:21:31 PM »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2021, 01:38:31 PM »
Correct.

I want to hear why you don't agree with that?

There's a huge difference between deciding not to go in unless you have a proper exit strategy, to jumping ship after you realize you went in without thinking things through properly. I tend to think that (despite it being unpopular at home) once you are there it's immoral to leave. Once you went in you assume a certain responsibility.

The US still has bases in Japan and Germany, even though those countries were fully transferred to self administration and rule decades ago. (I am aware that those bases are there for a different function).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:45:03 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2021, 02:00:44 PM »
There's a huge difference between deciding not to go in unless you have a proper exit strategy, to jumping ship after you realize you went in without thinking things through properly. I tend to think that (despite it being unpopular at home) once you are there it's immoral to leave. Once you went in you assume a certain responsibility.

The US still has bases in Japan and Germany, even though those countries were fully transferred to self administration and rule decades ago. (I am aware that those bases are there for a different function).
I will add having bases in Afghanistan is a big asset in fighting terrorism. We keep tabs on some terrorist and launch attacks into places like Pakistan. Isn't it only a matter of time before Al-Qaeda is back. Then how long before we see the next 911 style attack?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »
I will add having bases in Afghanistan is a big asset in fighting terrorism. We keep tabs on some terrorist and launch attacks into places like Pakistan. Isn't it only a matter of time before Al-Qaeda is back. Then how long before we see the next 911 style attack?

+100

And had Trump carried out a complete pullout, he would have been just as wrong as Biden is right now. Though I tend to believe he wouldn't, but there's no way we will ever know.

Trump might be crazy and Biden might be senile. The difference is who are the people surrounding them and influencing their actions.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:26:46 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:29:11 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Some reports and tidbits from Abu Saleh and others on Telegram

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15395 - Human remains found in a wheel well of an American aircraft that came from Kabul.

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15399 - The Taliban are Pashtuns for who certain evidence seems to indicate that they come from the 10 lost tribes.

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15398 - Taliban takeover and restoration of law and order seems to be going on very smoothly. Seems like a lot of preparation went into this.

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15407 - Some interesting insight and possible analysis, too deep to summarize here in one sentence.

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15417 - Taliban calling on women to join in future government!

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15427 - Taliban saying that Soccer and Cricket games will resume.

https://t.me/englishabuali/1041 - Afghanistan - Very distressing images (!) The following clip, published on Arabic media channels and shot from inside an American plane, shows an Afghani citizen being tied to the plane as it's flying at a high altitude.

https://t.me/englishabuali/1050 - The Taliban in an official announcement: "All Americans must leave Afghanistan by 9/11. The organization is not interested in attacking American forces."

https://t.me/englishabuali/1053 - Taliban 2021 - more progressive (echos quite a bit of what Abu Saleh reported).
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2021, 02:47:02 PM »
Only a matter of time until we are at war with the Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2021, 02:48:07 PM »
Some reports and tidbits from Abu Saleh and others on Telegram

https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15395 - Human remains found in a wheel well of an American aircraft that came from Kabul.

No kidding Sherlock. The videos are self explanatory.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »
Only a matter of time until we are at war with the Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan.

Time will tell. Early indications seem to be that they signaling that they are aiming towards a KSA style Islamic State rather than an ISIS style Islamic State. See the links I posted above.
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »
Time will tell. Early indications seem to be that they signaling that they are aiming towards a KSA style Islamic State rather than an ISIS style Islamic State. See the links I posted above.
Does that include decapitating infidels on the streets of Kabul?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2021, 03:13:21 PM »
https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/15399 - The Taliban are Pashtuns for who certain evidence seems to indicate that they come from the 10 lost tribes.
So they've been related to the Tzfati Taliban in 770 this whole time?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2021, 03:26:36 PM »
So they've been related to the Tzfati Taliban in 770 this whole time?

No more and no less than they are related to you. Though I would venture to say that the "Tzfati" guys in 770 (using that term loosely, as many that you might be referring to by that title are actually Americans or others that were never in Tzfas yeshiva - I know pretty well, I've been dealing with some of them recently as part of my recently acquired 11 month occupation) are probably more closely related to you, especially the Kohanim and Leviim amongst them, than they are to the Pashtuns... just sayin'
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2021, 03:30:27 PM »
No more and no less than they are related to you. Though I would venture to say that the "Tzfati" guys in 770 (using that term loosely, as many that you might be referring to by that title are actually Americans or others that were never in Tzfas yeshiva - I know pretty well, I've been dealing with some of them recently as part of my recently acquired occupation) are probably more closely related to you, than they are to the Pashtuns... just sayin'
Forgot the
/s
:P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2021, 03:34:31 PM »
The underlying issue is the failed scheme of “We will bring Democracy in the Middle East” proclaimed by Hillary as Secretary of State and others in that era.

Many experts equated this to bringing democracy to the African Safari by training the chimpanzees to fly planes and use AK47s. While individuals in leadership positions can be bribed with money and honor to play with certain rules, an entire society cannot be propped up that way. The second the teacher was out of the room and the guns away from their heads they were right back to being the beasts. Did we really ever have Afghan public support?!

We have a hard enough time domestically keeping law and order in inner cities.