Author Topic: Windows folders going to the last search you made in them when you switch away  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Is anyone else experiencing this? How can I stop it?
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Is anyone else experiencing this? How can I stop it?
Maybe you can explain yourself a bit more? screenshot would help too

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
An open Windows folder, having been deselected/unfocused/whatever you call it when you're not looking at
it, now displays, instead of the folder's contents, search results in that folder for the last Windows search
you did (not necessarily within that folder; I'm not sure about that part).
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
An open Windows folder, having been deselected/unfocused/whatever you call it when you're not looking at
it, now displays, instead of the folder's contents, search results in that folder for the last Windows search

Always? Happens in 3 folders if you have them all open? Are you clicking elsewhere or using alt+tab?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile

Similar issue reported here, lots of suggested troubleshooting steps that didn't work, and the final post that suggests something that did work but causes other issues.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-panel-switch-to-last-search-on/365dd164-bf0e-4130-b38d-e85a20b38c7b?page=1
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)