Author Topic: Hyatt <> GoPuff  (Read 1690 times)

Offline JuryDuty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Hyatt <> GoPuff
« on: August 30, 2021, 02:37:45 PM »
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124134

Select hotels, 30 minute free delivery of thousands of products, including drinks, snacks, over-the-counter medications, home cleaning and baby products, alcohol in select markets.

Guests who are using Gopuff for the first time will also receive $10 credit for their first two orders ($20 total).

Locations:

Chicago: 

Hyatt Place Chicago/River North  Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop Hyatt Place Chicago / Wicker Park 

Phoenix, Arizona: 

Hyatt Place Phoenix/ Chandler-Fashion Center Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town 

Denver, Colorado: 

Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center Hyatt Place Denver Airport 

Nashville, Tennessee:  

Hyatt Place Nashville/Downtown Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt <> GoPuff
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124134

Select hotels, 30 minute free delivery of thousands of products, including drinks, snacks, over-the-counter medications, home cleaning and baby products, alcohol in select markets.

Guests who are using Gopuff for the first time will also receive $10 credit for their first two orders ($20 total).

Locations:

Chicago:

Hyatt Place Chicago/River North  Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop Hyatt Place Chicago / Wicker Park

Phoenix, Arizona:

Hyatt Place Phoenix/ Chandler-Fashion Center Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town

Denver, Colorado:

Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Nashville, Tennessee: 

Hyatt Place Nashville/Downtown Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
What is this any different from using the standard Gopuff app the same way I order to my house?

Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 03:37:05 PM »
What is this any different from using the standard Gopuff app the same way I order to my house?

I wasn't aware of gopuff before, so I'm unsure. It seems that the main benefit could be free delivery even without being a fam member.

Read the following paragraph. Did they do anything like this before?

In a recent survey, Hyatt learned that 60% of travelers have forgotten to pack an item (e.g., toiletries and first aid) for a business or leisure trip*. Leveraging data from the same survey, Hyatt and Gopuff identified the most-often-forgotten and most-likely-to-purchase items and collaborated to create in-app categories such as Travel Essentials, Spa Retreat, Movie Night, Office on the Go, and more, to ensure guests have easy, quick access to the items they need most while traveling.
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »
I wasn't aware of gopuff before, so I'm unsure. It seems that the main benefit could be free delivery even without being a fam member.

Read the following paragraph. Did they do anything like this before?

In a recent survey, Hyatt learned that 60% of travelers have forgotten to pack an item (e.g., toiletries and first aid) for a business or leisure trip*. Leveraging data from the same survey, Hyatt and Gopuff identified the most-often-forgotten and most-likely-to-purchase items and collaborated to create in-app categories such as Travel Essentials, Spa Retreat, Movie Night, Office on the Go, and more, to ensure guests have easy, quick access to the items they need most while traveling.
I use Gopuff occasionally. Their delivery time is insane. I typically receive my order in 20 minutes. Prices are like 7-11, higher than a supermarket, but still bearable. Delivery is usually only a few dollars, but I guess this is still a perk. I've seen interesting categories on their app, not necessarily those specifically though.

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
I use Gopuff occasionally. Their delivery time is insane. I typically receive my order in 20 minutes. Prices are like 7-11, higher than a supermarket, but still bearable. Delivery is usually only a few dollars, but I guess this is still a perk. I've seen interesting categories on their app, not necessarily those specifically though.

Cool. Sounds about right - somewhat novel and possibly beneficial. Definitely would try this if I forget toothpaste again. (Remind me why hotels give shampoo but not toothpaste??)

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »
Cool. Sounds about right - somewhat novel and possibly beneficial. Definitely would try this if I forget toothpaste again. (Remind me why hotels give shampoo but not toothpaste??)
They can pretend nobody used your shampoo before you, but harder to pull that off with toothpaste :P

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 04:37:45 PM »
Hotels will give toothbrush and toothpaste upon request.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »
Hotels will give toothbrush and toothpaste upon request.

Mindblown.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 01:01:46 AM »
Many nicer Hyatt hotels include vanity kits with toothbrush and toothpaste.

I've seen sewing kits, shoe polish etc.

The truth is I should have used this when I had a really bad hangover at the Hyatt Santa Barbara and needed electrolyte drink ugh..

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 01:26:21 PM »
Many nicer Hyatt hotels include vanity kits with toothbrush and toothpaste.

I've seen sewing kits, shoe polish etc.

The truth is I should have used this when I had a really bad hangover at the Hyatt Santa Barbara and needed electrolyte drink ugh..

Toothbrush and toothpaste are standard in pretty much any 5 star Asian hotel. Park Hyatt has a large Asian clientele (their reputation in Asia is better because their properties are better there and guests don't know the cheaper Hyatt brand as well to associate it), so they tend to offer it in more cities.

In US/Europe it is hit or miss but 99% will offer it upon request.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 02:13:41 PM »
Toothbrush and toothpaste are standard in pretty much any 5 star Asian hotel. Park Hyatt has a large Asian clientele (their reputation in Asia is better because their properties are better there and guests don't know the cheaper Hyatt brand as well to associate it), so they tend to offer it in more cities.

In US/Europe it is hit or miss but 99% will offer it upon request.

I buy my toothpaste at co Bigelow. Marvis is incredible.

With most orders they send me samples which I just toss in my suitcase or backpack and use for travel.

With that said, yes it makes sense to have nice mini toothpaste if you are offering high end soap and shampoo too.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »
Marvis is incredible.

Interesting. The Rosewood Lon gave it to me, and I thought they were cheaping out on Colgate. Good to know