Author Topic: non used credit cards  (Read 6628 times)

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
non used credit cards
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »
I have 2 (freedom) cards from chase, nearly 6 years never used them, would it lower my chances to instant approval, when applying for 2 new ones, [Sapphire+co plus] via 2bm, although my foci score is above 800!!! ?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: non used credit cards
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
Chase cards you've had for 6 years will likely have very little effect on the instant approval-ness of your forthcoming Chase apps.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yellow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:14:47 PM »
I have 2 (freedom) cards from chase, nearly 6 years never used them, would it lower my chances to instant approval, when applying for 2 new ones, [Sapphire+co plus] via 2bm, although my foci score is above 800!!! ?

do u have high limits on them? AFAIK with chase they approve you based on how much you report as income vs how much credit you already have with them. So if your limits are low it probably wont affect your chances of instant approval. But if they're high thats ok too since you can call recon and ask to have credit moved (for me, i already dad around 13k in credit with them when i did my 3bm and reported a small-ish income, so no instant approval but recon was successful)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:40:42 AM »
do u have high limits on them? AFAIK with chase they approve you based on how much you report as income vs how much credit you already have with them. So if your limits are low it probably wont affect your chances of instant approval. But if they're high thats ok too since you can call recon and ask to have credit moved (for me, i already dad around 13k in credit with them when i did my 3bm and reported a small-ish income, so no instant approval but recon was successful)

AFAIK Chase never (or very rarely) asks you to verify your income.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:35:33 AM »
that's for better and for worse, as they just shut you down without giving you the chance to verify

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:40:53 AM »
that's for better and for worse, as they just shut you down without giving you the chance to verify
True, but Chase AA seems to still be much more rare than AMEX FR.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:45 AM »
True, but Chase AA seems to still be much more rare than AMEX FR.

What's also important to note is that the triggers (and the bank's motive) for Chase AA are different than the triggers for Amex F/R.

Amex does it for risk reasons, so they look for risky customers and F/R them, if they stand up to the income scrutiny then they let 'em live. Chase looks for abusers, and customers who cost them more than they're worth. They don't bother warning you because there isn't much you can tell them if they decide you're not worth keeping (granted some people have gotten them to change their mind about that).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 02:52:50 AM »
What's also important to note is that the triggers (and the bank's motive) for Chase AA are different than the triggers for Amex F/R.

Amex does it for risk reasons, so they look for risky customers and F/R them, if they stand up to the income scrutiny then they let 'em live. Chase looks for abusers, and customers who cost them more than they're worth. They don't bother warning you because there isn't much you can tell them if they decide you're not worth keeping (granted some people have gotten them to change their mind about that).
True.

But with AMEX if you violate a trigger there is a very high chance of F/R.  With Chase, we have many people with a ton of Chase cards/churns and yet just a very few have had A/A because of it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 03:17:23 AM »
True.

But with AMEX if you violate a trigger there is a very high chance of F/R.  With Chase, we have many people with a ton of Chase cards/churns and yet just a very few have had A/A because of it.

Which adds credence to my original point: Chase isn't so hawkish when it comes to verifying your income. (do I really need to spell the rest out?...)

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:09:23 AM »
Maybe i missed the memo what does AA stand for

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: non used credit cards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
Which adds credence to my original point: Chase isn't so hawkish when it comes to verifying your income. (do I really need to spell the rest out?...)
they may not ask you to verify, but YELLOW may b right, that they consider approval , according to the income you write on the application, wer not talking about VERIFYING

I'm just say'in©®

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 07:35:56 AM »
Maybe i missed the memo what does AA stand for
Adverse Action, the lovely Chase counterpart for the amex lovely FR

I'm just say'in©®

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
You have to be careful. Every forum seems to have different experiences when it comes to AA. Take FWF for instance, very little talk of AA by Amex compared to AA by Chase. It is hard to pin down reasons why especially when you don’t get the full story from the posts.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »
You have to be careful. Every forum seems to have different experiences when it comes to AA. Take FWF for instance, very little talk of AA by Amex compared to AA by Chase. It is hard to pin down reasons why especially when you don’t get the full story from the posts.
FWF=?

I'm just say'in©®

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
they may not ask you to verify, but YELLOW may b right, that they consider approval , according to the income you write on the application, wer not talking about VERIFYING

So maybe I do have to spell it out after all... If they don't typically verify, I'm suggesting (as I did elsehwere), that with Chase one can feel free to be 'liberal' when calculating their income (since they don't verify), it's especially pertinent if it's a (major?) factor for approval.

P.s. These Tapatalk signatures are starting to get very annoying (nothing personal).

You have to be careful. Every forum seems to have different experiences when it comes to AA. Take FWF for instance, very little talk of AA by Amex compared to AA by Chase. It is hard to pin down reasons why especially when you don't get the full story from the posts.

This lends credence to my hypothesis that Chase AA targets abusers. Our recent discussion about the AARP card, where you mentioned FWF, implies that the crowd these might be much more 'abusive' by Chase's standards.

FWF=?

FatWallet Finance.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 09:35:59 AM »
This lends credence to my hypothesis that Chase AA targets abusers. Our recent discussion about the AARP card, where you mentioned FWF, implies that the crowd these might be much more 'abusive' by Chase's standards.
It appears that way on the surface. The problem is some members are abusing the card 10 times worse that the ones receiving the AA and nothing is happening to them. One thing they seem to have in common is Chase just pulled their CR (soft) before the AA. No need to do this if the AA came from abusing the card. IMHO they are looking for sudden changes (recent accounts opened, recent inquires and/or increase in balances) in your CR.

It would be nice to know what they consider abusing. Don't give someone a 75k CL then complain when they use it.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »
It appears that way on the surface. The problem is some members are abusing the card 10 times worse that the ones receiving the AA and nothing is happening to them. One thing they seem to have in common is Chase just pulled their CR (soft) before the AA. No need to do this if the AA came from abusing the card. IMHO they are looking for sudden changes (recent accounts opened, recent inquires and/or increase in balances) in your CR.

It would be nice to know what they consider abusing. Don't give someone a 75k CL then complain when they use it.

I wonder what they saw on BrooklynCPA's CR (assuming they soft'd him) that caused his AA.

The answer to your question about the 75k CL is simple: The dept. that approves the CL isn't the same one that does the AA/FRs. As I often say, the various departments have different (and often contradictory) objectives.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
+1

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »
So maybe I do have to spell it out after all... If they don't typically verify, I'm suggesting (as I did elsehwere), that with Chase one can feel free to be 'liberal' when calculating their income (since they don't verify), it's especially pertinent if it's a (major?) factor for approval.

P.s. These Tapatalk signatures are starting to get very annoying (nothing personal).

I agree 100% didn't talk about that, if course you should be liberal........
guess it was cross communication   
NOT sent from my tapa........
I'm just say'in©®

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
The other thing that i noticed in a bunch of cases i read including mine and brooklyncpa is that it happened right after they approved new cards through recon