Author Topic: Greece vs Cyprus  (Read 1234 times)

Online eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Greece vs Cyprus
« on: September 26, 2021, 07:38:30 PM »
I hope I'm not comparing apples and oranges,  But from my inquiries it seems they're quite similar, There's also Quite limited info on both of them here.
Planning a 3 day trip to one of them shortly while being in Europe anyway, can anyone share recommendations in which of the 2, and which island is best ?
Many thanx

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Greece vs Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 02:13:33 AM »
I haven't been to Greece (on my list though) but I can't imagine how the two are similar in any real way. The main attraction in Greece are the isles, I don't think anything in Cyprus parallels that.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:17:40 AM »
I haven't been to Greece (on my list though) but I can't imagine how the two are similar in any real way. The main attraction in Greece are the isles, I don't think anything in Cyprus parallels that.
Isnt Cyprus the same thing, e.g. paphos  ?

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:23:55 AM »
Isnt Cyprus the same thing, e.g. paphos  ?
Paphos is not an island. From everything I can see Greece should be much nicer.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:54:18 AM »
I hope I'm not comparing apples and oranges,  But from my inquiries it seems they're quite similar, There's also Quite limited info on both of them here.
Planning a 3 day trip to one of them shortly while being in Europe anyway, can anyone share recommendations in which of the 2, and which island is best ?
Many thanx
I have been to both many times. Greece is huge, with many different beautiful islands and a gigantic mainland; Cyprus is much smaller.
I find Greece to be more 'classy', raw, naturally beautiful. Cyprus has nice beaches but I find the cities to be on the dirty side; Paphos reminds me of Eilat to some extent.
That being said it really depends what you are looking for... The few times I have been in Cyprus were usually a 2-3 days stopover on my way to Greece, when last minute direct flights to Greece used to be ridiculously expensive.

Kosher wise, Chabad has a great restaurant in Athens, which also delivers all over greece including the islands, provided you gave them a week notice - i've used it countless times and it's a great option. There is also Chabad in Cyprus, i've been to the restaurant in Paphos several times it was great as well, not sure they do deliveries but I can give you the # of the Rav.

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 04:29:36 PM »
I have been to both many times. Greece is huge, with many different beautiful islands and a gigantic mainland; Cyprus is much smaller.
I find Greece to be more 'classy', raw, naturally beautiful. Cyprus has nice beaches but I find the cities to be on the dirty side; Paphos reminds me of Eilat to some extent.
That being said it really depends what you are looking for... The few times I have been in Cyprus were usually a 2-3 days stopover on my way to Greece, when last minute direct flights to Greece used to be ridiculously expensive.

Kosher wise, Chabad has a great restaurant in Athens, which also delivers all over greece including the islands, provided you gave them a week notice - i've used it countless times and it's a great option. There is also Chabad in Cyprus, i've been to the restaurant in Paphos several times it was great as well, not sure they do deliveries but I can give you the # of the Rav.

Thanx, which island in Greece do you recommend ?

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 04:47:32 PM »
Thanx, which island in Greece do you recommend ?
Santorini and Mykonos are special IMHO. There are a few TR on DDF.
I also like Crete and mainland Greece (Peloponnese) - but wouldn't put them at the top of my list if I only had 3 days

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 03:52:02 AM »
Santorini and Mykonos are special IMHO. There are a few TR on DDF.
I also like Crete and mainland Greece (Peloponnese) - but wouldn't put them at the top of my list if I only had 3 days
have you ever been to the Canary Islands in Spain (tenerife ) etc, is it the same as Greece ?