Author Topic: Getting the amex pop up while applying even though I never had the card before  (Read 737 times)

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
I tried to apply for business Marriot card. Got the pop up saying"

"based on your history with American express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of cards you have opened and  closed you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer".

I never had an SPG or Marriot business card before. I only have the personal version.

I didn't open or close cards from amex in quite few years.

( I do have 5 credit cards with amex which appears to be the max they allow, but I'm not sure if that's the reason for the pop up as the pop up is specifically rejecting me from getting the sign up bonus only.)

Any advice or DP ?

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I tried to apply for business Marriot card. Got the pop up saying"

"based on your history with American express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of cards you have opened and  closed you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer".

I never had an SPG or Marriot business card before. I only have the personal version.

I didn't open or close cards from amex in quite few years.

( I do have 5 credit cards with amex which appears to be the max they allow, but I'm not sure if that's the reason for the pop up as the pop up is specifically rejecting me from getting the sign up bonus only.)

Any advice or DP ?
I get the same when trying to open a delta amex. Had an SPG and currently have Hilton CCs, but never delta.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
I get the same when trying to open a delta amex. Had an SPG and currently have Hilton CCs, but never delta.
Are you applying? I wouldn't wana apply unless I get the bonus

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Amex Marriott has restrictions that include chase cards as well. I've held 6 credit cards and 2 charge cards all at once, but last time I applied for a card with that many was a while ago.

Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
Amex Marriott has restrictions that include chase cards as well. I've held 6 credit cards and 2 charge cards all at once, but last time I applied for a card with that many was a while ago.
What do you mean restrictions? Restrictions if I have a chase Marriot or any chase cards ?