Author Topic: Need advice SFO-DEL  (Read 610 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Need advice SFO-DEL
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:45:36 AM »
Hi experts,

I need advice on the best course of action to follow to travel to DEL (India) from SFO. I need 3-tickets. Plan is to fly out in the next 2 weeks or so (bit flexible with the dates), and be there for about 3-weeks.

1. I have ~207K United miles.
2. ~162K Ultimate reward points.
3. Have Sapphire Reserve and United Quest cards.

Couple of questions that I have for now:

1. Is it possible to combine United and UR points? I guess if I transfer the points to United, then I can. Is it instant transfer or takes some time?
2. If I use UR portal to book the flight, then how do I use Quest card to take advantage of the extra check-in bag?
2a. I think Quest card will allow me to check-in one additional piece of luggage (United only allows one check-in piece for Indian flights), so using Quest card will allow me check in two pieces of luggage, right?
2b. What do I need to do to get the Quest $125 annual Travel Bank credit?
3. Flights today are showing around 1,000$ per person. Does it make sense to use miles/UR points, or I am better off paying in full?

I am sure I will will have more questions, but this is all I can think of right now.

Looking forward to learning from the experts.

Thanks.

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice SFO-DEL
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 12:08:08 PM »
Hi experts,

I need advice on the best course of action to follow to travel to DEL (India) from SFO. I need 3-tickets. Plan is to fly out in the next 2 weeks or so (bit flexible with the dates), and be there for about 3-weeks.

1. I have ~207K United miles.
2. ~162K Ultimate reward points.
3. Have Sapphire Reserve and United Quest cards.

Couple of questions that I have for now:

1. Is it possible to combine United and UR points? I guess if I transfer the points to United, then I can. Is it instant transfer or takes some time?
2. If I use UR portal to book the flight, then how do I use Quest card to take advantage of the extra check-in bag?
2a. I think Quest card will allow me to check-in one additional piece of luggage (United only allows one check-in piece for Indian flights), so using Quest card will allow me check in two pieces of luggage, right?
2b. What do I need to do to get the Quest $125 annual Travel Bank credit?
3. Flights today are showing around 1,000$ per person. Does it make sense to use miles/UR points, or I am better off paying in full?

I am sure I will will have more questions, but this is all I can think of right now.

Looking forward to learning from the experts.

Thanks.
ultimate rewards to united is instant

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice SFO-DEL
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
ultimate rewards to united is instant

Thanks. Is it worth to transfer UR to United, since UR points are worth 1.5 in itself.