Author Topic: Bought on sale and got back more  (Read 20587 times)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Bought on sale and got back more
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
Not worth the credit pull, unless you're buying thousands of dollars worth.
well say in my case, i opened a CC and got a bunch of discounts for that day, but its not AMEX its just usable in macys stores. is that a hard pull?

and its supposed to build credit that way no?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
well say in my case, i opened a CC and got a bunch of discounts for that day, but its not AMEX its just usable in macys stores. is that a hard pull?

Still a hard pull.

Yes, but you can "build credit" and get "paid" more :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
Still a hard pull.

Yes, but you can "build credit" and get "paid" more :P
ive got one thing in mind that u might be talking about, but im not sure and hence dont want to say it. do u mind explaining the "joke"?!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
No joke.

You can build credit with the Macy's card and get a discount of X, or build credit with a card like Sapphire Preferred and get the equivalent of thousands of dollars in redemption value.

CMIIW, but you likely did not get "thousands of dollars" off your Macy's purchase.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »

Still a hard pull.

+1

If you don't have credit it might be worth it.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
No joke.

You can build credit with the Macy's card and get a discount of X, or build credit with a card like Sapphire Preferred and get the equivalent of thousands of dollars in redemption value.

CMIIW, but you likely did not get "thousands of dollars" off your Macy's purchase.
it sounded like a joke and i did have something else in mind :) but ur right i did not get what i couldve got with SP, BUT some its not that simple always just "to get" a card, im working on building a good credit history so i can start applying for cards and get worth out of them instead of getting denied everytime

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
it sounded like a joke and i did have something else in mind :) but ur right i did not get what i couldve got with SP, BUT some its not that simple always just "to get" a card, im working on building a good credit history so i can start applying for cards and get worth out of them instead of getting denied everytime

Though it obviously differs for each person, I remember reading on here that people (more than a one) with very new/short credit history have gotten approved for CSP. Too lazy to find it.

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
If you don't have credit it might be worth it.

I would say it is worth it - as you basically will get approved.
You might need to prove income or that sort, but department stores are easy to get approved for someone that doesnt have credit...

Either way this is getting off topic