Author Topic: Bought on sale and got back more  (Read 20606 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Re: Bought on sale and got back more
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
Duh, But when you refund the buyer you get back the fees

not when you are getting cash back instead of putting it back on the card

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
not when you are getting cash back instead of putting it back on the card
Duh... Didnt realize he meant cash as CASH  ;)

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »
Duh, But when you refund the buyer you get back the fees
not sure about that.

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »
not when you are getting cash a check back instead of putting it back on the card
I fixed it for you. Just want to keep the record straight.   ;D
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »
I fixed it for you. Just want to keep the record straight.   ;D

hold on. This changes everything!!  :P

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »
[quote author=bubbles link=topic=12672.msg164977#msg164977
Not everyone uses your book though. Unless you are coming from a legitimate source I don't think you can call anyone out about it
[/quote]
Your right. There is only one book that matters.
And the fact that he got banned for doing it I think is a pretty good indication
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
Your right. There is only one book that matters.
How about we let the author of whatever book we follow decide what is ethical or not. Otherwise every thread will have this discussion even one as simple as buying a stroller, using it and then returning it!  ;)

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
Fair enough. Just took exception to the fact that you implied that everyone on thisforum us unethical and I consider myself a very ethical person. (and I think we can all see the difference with the stroller)

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »
Fair enough. Just took exception to the fact that you implied that everyone on thisforum us unethical and I consider myself a very ethical person. (and I think we can all see the difference with the stroller)

I think you are reading into things that are not there. All that was said is that a deals forum is not the place for ethical discussions. That it no way means that everyone here is unethical. Rather that this is the place to post deals and if you find them unethical don't participate in said deal. If you desire there are plenty of venues to discuss ethical questions. For example how about here :P

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Ethical behavior and any deals forum have very little in common.

I just believe this statement to be false

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »
And you are entitled to your opinion (I'm not saying I disagree). Just in the future try not to make it personal.
Don't  make such broad statements. Just because you are stealing from Costco doesn't mean everyone is

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
Fair enough. Just took exception to the fact that you implied that everyone on thisforum us unethical and I consider myself a very ethical person.
If anyone thought I was calling them unethical then I apologize, that was not my intention of the post. Depending on where your needle falls on the ethical scale someone could make an ethics argument for almost every deal thread, that was the point I was trying to make. I try my best not to judge others and will definitely speak up when I feel the legal line has been crossed.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
I think you are reading into things that are not there. All that was said is that a deals forum is not the place for ethical discussions. That it no way means that everyone here is unethical. Rather that this is the place to post deals and if you find them unethical don't participate in said deal. If you desire there are plenty of venues to discuss ethical questions. For example how about here :P
Can you write my posts for me?  :) Well said!!!

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
Fair enough

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »
Not everyone uses your book though. Unless you are coming from a legitimate source I don't think you can call anyone out about it

Uhm, care to tell me which book, be it the Old Testament, New Testament, US Code, or Dr. Suess (whichever you follow), would not characterize this as unethical and/or stealing?

Anyway you slice it, you're burning the merchant by causing it to incur processing fees with no legitimate sale(s) to counteract those (illegitimate) transactions.

+1

I think you are reading into things that are not there. All that was said is that a deals forum is not the place for ethical discussions.

Says who?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »
Uhm, care to tell me which book, be it the Old Testament, New Testament, US Code, or Dr. Suess (whichever you follow), would not characterize this as unethical and/or stealing?
So in which of these books does it say out right that to do such a thing is stealing? Or is it your interpretation of it? I did say though
Unless you are coming from a legitimate source I don't think you can call anyone out about it

Quote from: AJK
+1

Says who?

you are arguing that helpme never said that? or are you claiming that he is not entitled to his opinion?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »
So in which of these books does it say out right that to do such a thing is stealing? Or is it your interpretation of it?

Are you being intentionally obstinate to make a point (not even sure what that point would be), or do you actually think this would not constitute stealing by just about every reputable LOR this side of the Mason-Dixon line?

Or, if you don't roll like that, do you actually think that this would be legal according state or federal law? Hint: Start here.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
Are you being intentionally obstinate to make a point (not even sure what that point would be), or do you actually think this would not constitute stealing by just about every reputable LOR this side of the Mason-Dixon line?

Or, if you don't roll like that, do you actually think that this would be legal according state or federal law? Hint: Start here.

Would buying something with the intention to use for the thirty days until the return period is over and then return constitute stealing? It doesn't according to many LOR's. I am not saying that I know it's completely okay but what I am saying is that just because you have feelings one way or the other doesn't mean you should call someone out on it. And definitely not to get personal. 

Thank you for the link to fraud but does this really constitute fraud when technically you are staying within the guidelines of their policies?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
Would buying something with the intention to use for the thirty days until the return period is over and then return constitute stealing? It doesn't according to many LOR's.

Does jaywalking constitute chillul Hashem? Not the topic under discussion.

I am not saying that I know it's completely okay but what I am saying is that just because you have feelings one way or the other doesn't mean you should call someone out on it. And definitely not to get personal. 

This is not about personal feelings. This is about facts. And your statement "...unless you are coming from a legitimate source I don't think you can call anyone out about it" is so patently (and seemingly purposely) naive it boggles the mind.

I know a few prosecutors who would be licking their chops after getting their hands on someone who perpetrated this scheme on an unsuspecting merchant to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars.

Thank you for the link to fraud but does this really constitute fraud when technically you are staying within the guidelines of their policies?

Try this one on for size. There are many state laws like it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:21:35 PM by AJK »