Author Topic: Chase Points when they Close your account  (Read 599 times)

Offline JASharf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Points when they Close your account
« on: November 07, 2021, 12:13:20 PM »
My wife and I both applied for the Chase preferred card to get the 100k promotion. I got mine and already transferred them to my hotel rewards program. My wife’s points were awarded but her preferred cc acct was suddenly closed by chase right when the points were awarded (I assume Bcz we both used the same address for our accounts?). I believe I can cash those points out on chase right now (even though the cvs account was closed), but I would prefer to transfer them to my hotel rewards program as I get a better value (1.25% more value). I’m concerned if I call Chase and ask them to either transfer them to my hotel rewards program or transfer them to MY preferred acct which was not closed (by combining points, although our accounts aren’t linked yet…I would call them to link them), they will realize that the acct was closed and remove all my wife’s rewards or prevent me from cashing out online. Not sure what to do. Any experts out there that can direct me how to handle this situation so I get the best bang for my buck?

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Points when they Close your account
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:43:06 AM »
They will not remove the points when you call. You have 30 days to transfer after closure. She can even transfer to your UR account