Author Topic: Recommendations for Professional Movers  (Read 1207 times)

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
Recommendations for Professional Movers
« on: November 07, 2021, 09:49:31 PM »
Looking for a moving company that handles packing, moving, and unpacking. Looking for recommendations of someone you personally used. Location: New York

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: Recommendations for Professional Movers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 11:23:00 PM »
Just a note, moving companies use different teams each time, so a positive experience one time won't guarantee that it will be good the next time and vice-versa. (For example, I used 1 moving company for 2 different moves. The first time , I was very impressed by the team, who worked quickly and efficiently, and was very careful to wrap the furniture and that nothing got damaged at all. The second team while not bad, was just not as impressive, they worked slower took a long lunch break and did some very minor damage.)

Another point, a package of cookies and a pitcher of Iced Coffee can go a long way.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 11:30:21 PM »
Looking for a moving company that handles packing, moving, and unpacking. Looking for recommendations of someone you personally used. Location: New York
I used 1/2 price movers, just for the actual move. You mean like packing the stuff into boxes and unpacking them and putting them on the shelves. IINM, that's a separate service, that they do offer, but I've never used.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline smaxber

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 09:50:58 PM »
Dumbo
I was able to negotiate price down a bit
Also, I found that any add on items the actual movers will just load on truck without charging.

Offline keepsmiling123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 10:07:40 PM »
Dumbo
I was able to negotiate price down a bit
Also, I found that any add on items the actual movers will just load on truck without charging.

This. Movers themselves were great, but make sure to request a large enough tuck. I underestimated my stuff in the phone estimate and they sent a smaller truck as a result and had to make a trip with a small truck myself to finish up.