Author Topic: Capital One AirBnb Credit  (Read 36729 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Capital One AirBnb Credit
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2022, 11:48:19 PM »
Feel free to publicly quote any rude emails i sent you. My emails asking for verification were met with decisive 2 liners that left no room for discussion  This is patently false.This sale was made on the capital one airbnb credit thread you knew it was for that and what you wrote afterword aon the zelle payment is clearly irelevent Terms and conditions clearly state that the credit is only for airbnb and a few other similar companies. Other users report the credit usually appearing within a week .Your assumption that the phone reps don't know anything is your own ,and not one that i have to rely on you're one sided decision that leaves no room for discussion after you charged my credit card for something other than agreed upon is not something i have to agree with.+  I only responded publicly in response to your ignoring me.Feel free to quote where i called you any names .If i had wanted to badmouth you publicly i would have just posted our entire email exchange and all could see who was being rude over here.i didn't do that because it would reveal your email address with a real name .A chargeback is not a threat just my only way getting my money back.  You seem to feel to be the only one entitled to an opinion on the matter .
To solve this issue I would have the buyer pay the full amount and should you get a refund at a later date, then you'll go ahead and refund him.
   Though if it didn't post as of yet. I would just use it for a verified purchase and make use of the credit.
 But I can't decide for you on what you should do.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2022, 12:35:33 AM »
To solve this issue I would have the buyer pay the full amount and should you get a refund at a later date, then you'll go ahead and refund him.
   Though if it didn't post as of yet. I would just use it for a verified purchase and make use of the credit.
 But I can't decide for you on what you should do.
That makes sense, but @nirc is ignoring me and his only responses are when he is shocked and dismayed that i dare try to elicit his cooperation by calling him out on the forum. My only recourse seems to be to dispute the charge.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2022, 12:41:12 AM »
Any mods want to step in here? This honestly doesn't seem to be a major enough issue that it should turn into a war. Anyone want to mediate and deescalate this to find a mutually satisfactory resolution?
@Dan @jj1000 @AsherO @Something Fishy or someone

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2022, 01:02:55 PM »
That is a great idea that i would very much appreciate.
Thank you

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »
Any mods want to step in here? This honestly doesn't seem to be a major enough issue that it should turn into a war. Anyone want to mediate and deescalate this to find a mutually satisfactory resolution?
@Dan @jj1000 @AsherO @Something Fishy or someone
Use this board at your own risk! Dan's Deals LLC assumes no liability for deals gone bad.

Don't see a reason why a 3rd person should step in. It's $50 you guys are arguing about. Try to work it out amongst each other.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2022, 04:21:35 PM »

Don't see a reason why a 3rd person should step in. It's $50 you guys are arguing about. Try to work it out amongst each other.
Its actually 150 dollars with a potential loss for me off the $400 credit. It's very hard to work things out with someone who ignores your emails and messages so if @mods would help to facilitate communication or compromise it would be great.

Offline maxiao82126

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2022, 12:36:41 PM »
200 availble for sale for 120 if somehow people can use it and reimbursed

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2022, 02:30:25 PM »
I ask again if anyone can to mediate  this to find a mutually satisfactory resolution?
@Dan @jj1000 @AsherO @Something Fishy or someone else.
As of now I am being ignored and would appreciate if someone could mediate a solution by reaching out to @nirc  rather than me  acting on my own and disputing the charge.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2022, 02:33:00 PM »
I ask again if anyone can to mediate  this to find a mutually satisfactory resolution?
@Dan @jj1000 @AsherO @Something Fishy or someone else.
As of now I am being ignored and would appreciate if someone could mediate a solution by reaching out to @nirc  rather than me  acting on my own and disputing the charge.

Not my department, though didn’t the last post from your Baal plugta nirc state that he’ll credit you if Capital1 won’t?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2022, 02:40:43 PM »
Not my department, though didn’t the last post from your Baal plugta nirc state that he’ll credit you if Capital1 won’t?
+1, just reading this now, but seems to me that both parties are at fault for not specifying exactly what it should be used for. Most trade disputes occur due to lack of stating expectations beforehand.

At this point I'd agree that the seller should wait 3 months from the charge date and then buyer should make the seller whole if it doesn't post by then if C1 refuses to manually post a credit for the charge.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2022, 03:39:51 PM »
Random DP.

Stayed last week at the Wave Hotel in deal NJ. Used an amex card to prepay for the night. And then when coming in, they asked for a card to charge for incidentals, so I pulled out my venture x knowing it's not going to be charged, just for incidental.
   Fast forward a few days and I see an email from C1 that says thanks for using your $200 credit. I had no clue why I got that email. But it seems they charged my venture X vs my original card and it triggered the $200 air bnb or vrbo credit.
 Unless they have a lot of rooms and the like on the above platforms which essentially makes it as an abnb charge.

Thought I might share in case it's useful for someone.

Giving a little heads up, seemed it worked at park Hyatt Melbourne as well, not for incidentals, for actual room rate. (Wasn’t trying to use it for that).

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2022, 04:37:26 PM »
Yes, but I stand to loose out on the credit by waiting that long for a credit on a charge that is unverifiable to be eligible for the credit.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2022, 04:43:51 PM »
+1, just reading this now, but seems to me that both parties are at fault for not specifying exactly what it should be used for. Most trade disputes occur due to lack of stating expectations beforehand.

At this point I'd agree that the seller should wait 3 months from the charge date and then buyer should make the seller whole if it doesn't post by then if C1 refuses to manually post a credit for the charge.
@Dan
Just to clarify because if you stand by this i will (bli neder) defer to you
Did you understand that A- i stand to loose out on the credit if i wait that long by missing the anniversary?
b-The buyer is not claiming that he has any way to verify that his charge is creditable
C-At least i thought that the thread name airbnb credit and the  capital one t&c ,make it clear that the sale was for airbnb(or vnmo etc.) and someone making a different charge should specify

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2022, 05:05:33 PM »
@Dan
Just to clarify because if you stand by this i will (bli neder) defer to you
Did you understand that A- i stand to loose out on the credit if i wait that long by missing the anniversary?
b-The buyer is not claiming that he has any way to verify that his charge is creditable
C-At least i thought that the thread name airbnb credit and the  capital one t&c ,make it clear that the sale was for airbnb(or vnmo etc.) and someone making a different charge should specify
A. If you sold $200 for $125, I'd think that the buyer should pay you the $125+$200 if they did an ineligible charge. In other words, the onus should be on the buyer to pay for that loss if they didn't swipe at Airbnb and didn't disclose that, in order to make you whole.

B. Right, hence why I think they should make you whole.

C. Thread titles aren't exhaustive. This is something that should have been discussed and I fault both parties here for failing to clarify that. Barring that, you need to allow the process to play out.

Again, I'm not here to judge the case and DDF doesn't offer mediation. Just spitballing.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2022, 05:31:59 PM »
A. If you sold $200 for $125, I'd think that the buyer should pay you the $125+$200 if they did an ineligible charge. In other words, the onus should be on the buyer to pay for that loss if they didn't swipe at Airbnb and didn't disclose that, in order to make you whole.

B. Right, hence why I think they should make you whole.

C. Thread titles aren't exhaustive. This is something that should have been discussed and I fault both parties here for failing to clarify that. Barring that, you need to allow the process to play out.

Again, I'm not here to judge the case and DDF doesn't offer mediation. Just spitballing.
So to round it up
@Dan you think that the fair thing to do is to wait it out and should after 3 months nothing has been credited than @nirc would be expected to pay me the $200 that were not credited aside from the 125 that he paid me prior to the charge.
@nirc would you be agreeable to this?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2022, 05:50:14 PM »
So to round it up
@Dan you think that the fair thing to do is to wait it out and should after 3 months nothing has been credited than @nirc would be expected to pay me the $200 that were not credited aside from the 125 that he paid me prior to the charge.
@nirc would you be agreeable to this?

Really not looking to get involved (that’s what everyone says when they get the most involved..) but I think if you would ask someone involved in choshen mishpat, the bonus statement credit that you would get from a rental property would be considered a gain, not a loss. Meaning that you didn’t lose 200 dollars you lost the ability to gain 200. So to make someone pay for blocking a gain is usually not done in beis din and wouldn’t really be so fair to make someone pay for that. Again, I think that if both parties are really herlich yidden, it should simply be brought to someone that knows these halachos, but I really am only saying this based off of past shailos I’ve had personally and from speaking with rabbonim that know these rules extensively, that before someone has to pay 200 dollars for something that is not actually considered a loss, a real shaila should be asked off of DDF.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2022, 06:08:01 PM »
Really not looking to get involved (that’s what everyone says when they get the most involved..) but I think if you would ask someone involved in choshen mishpat, the bonus statement credit that you would get from a rental property would be considered a gain, not a loss. Meaning that you didn’t lose 200 dollars you lost the ability to gain 200. So to make someone pay for blocking a gain is usually not done in beis din and wouldn’t really be so fair to make someone pay for that.
I hear you, I just think the shaila over here is  not me asking him to pay for lack of gain rather a if i have the right to dispute the charge which i consider to be unauthorised .If he doesn't want me to do that bec. he is sure that he made a legitimate charge than he should commit to paying the 200 should it not go through. Should he not agree to this then he is essentially confirming that what he charged (a charge he can't commit was an airbnb creditable charge ) was not what i sold him and i can legitimately dispute .

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2022, 06:20:45 PM »
Really not looking to get involved (that’s what everyone says when they get the most involved..) but I think if you would ask someone involved in choshen mishpat, the bonus statement credit that you would get from a rental property would be considered a gain, not a loss. Meaning that you didn’t lose 200 dollars you lost the ability to gain 200. So to make someone pay for blocking a gain is usually not done in beis din and wouldn’t really be so fair to make someone pay for that. Again, I think that if both parties are really herlich yidden, it should simply be brought to someone that knows these halachos, but I really am only saying this based off of past shailos I’ve had personally and from speaking with rabbonim that know these rules extensively, that before someone has to pay 200 dollars for something that is not actually considered a loss, a real shaila should be asked off of DDF.
100%, I'm not a posek. Though it does rub me the wrong way that a buyer would use a credit for an off-label use and potentially wind up hurting the seller who could have sold for an on-label use.
Than again, the seller could have made that a condition of sale.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2022, 06:35:32 PM »

Just responding to that line. It has nothing to do with disputing the credit card, you can dispute the credit card until your hearts desire, that has nothing to do with your buyer. I’m just saying I don’t think you can make him pay for the 200 even if he told you straight out “I am gonna make you lose your bonus.” I also just really think it’s not right to keep talking like this about someone on here, not because he’s on here for 8 years, but because obviously it’s established he’s a frum yid and you guys should be able to do this without a public war, which has basically been repetitive negativity. I would venture (x) to say that since he’s here for 8 years he probably made a pretty well educated guess as to which charges will trigger the bonus. And whether or not it happens is not out of him trying to mess you over, especially since he said that he will pay you back. Maybe the only thing you can really say is that he should have told you he’s trying a non traditional way of using the credit and you could have chosen to agree or not. But you definitely can’t say that the credit is limited to airbnb because of the title of a dansdeals thread, especially because the capital one promotion didn’t even call it that and said specifically 3 other companies that are ok and that the list is not exhaustive as has been said here, so since capital one said the credit is not limited to Airbnb and did not say that the website he used is excluded from the credit there is definitely no way to say for sure that he owes you the 200 dollars that you could have gained from this promotion. But more importantly, there is no reason to say on a public forum that he is messing you over and all this negativity that has been transpiring on here. Let’s bring mashiach yeah?

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2022, 06:39:03 PM »
100%, I'm not a posek. Though it does rub me the wrong way that a buyer would use a credit for an off-label use and potentially wind up hurting the seller who could have sold for an on-label use.
Than again, the seller could have made that a condition of sale.

I agree, and it should have been spoken out, but to assume that the credit is only for Airbnb is just not accurate either. I just think that this should be moved off of public forum and let everyone get back to selling their credits before those expire and then people blame the war for losing their 200 bonus and then come after @rbs-g1.5 for interrupting their sales and demanding 200 dollars