Author Topic: Capital One AirBnb Credit  (Read 36602 times)

Offline maxiao82126

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Capital One AirBnb Credit
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2022, 12:02:41 AM »
200 available for sale for 120 if somehow people can use it and reimbursed

Seems like my post for sale has gotten lost in all this. 

I sold mine previously to a person on here and did not receive the credit, he made whole(by paying me the full 200) for me rather quickly.  It appears reasonable to say, the coding has changed since earlier this year, so perhaps what was reimbursed in the past maybe potentially no longer.  So I am selling that credit again. 

I have also had another card which qualifies and had stayed at airbnb. have called in to ask about the airbnb credit after 2 statement.  The amount was reimbursed by capital 1 without issues. 

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2022, 08:49:59 AM »
Really not looking to get involved (that’s what everyone says when they get the most involved..)
But more importantly, there is no reason to say on a public forum that he is messing you over and all this negativity that has been transpiring on here. Let’s bring mashiach yeah?
it is legitimate for me to try to reach a solution through the only medium available to somebody who is being ignored. I wrote nothing negative other than the facts of the case and that i am being ignored . If  @nirc is interested in disputing any points he has the opportunity. 
100%, I'm not a posek. Though it does rub me the wrong way that a buyer would use a credit for an off-label use and potentially wind up hurting the seller who could have sold for an on-label use.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2022, 09:06:16 AM »
it is legitimate for me to try to reach a solution through the only medium available to somebody who is being ignored. I wrote nothing negative other than the facts of the case and that i am being ignored . If  @nirc is interested in disputing any points he has the opportunity.
100%, I'm not a posek. Though it does rub me the wrong way that a buyer would use a credit for an off-label use and potentially wind up hurting the seller who could have sold for an on-label use.
That being said, it may be your obligation as the seller to stipulate the on-label condition rather than assume. Like I said, I'm not a posek.
At this point assuming it's too late to use it on-label anyway, just wait it out and deal with it in a few months.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2022, 10:37:40 AM »
That being said, it may be your obligation as the seller to stipulate the on-label condition rather than assume. Like I said, I'm not a posek.
At this point assuming it's too late to use it on-label anyway, just wait it out and deal with it in a few months.
I would think that if the customer service reps as well as their t&c don't consider it to be creditable then i wouldn't be expected to stipulate .I am fine with waiting it out if he agrees that if it doesn't credit he will make me whole including the lost credit as you suggested earlier. As of now he is not responding to me. @Dan do you think that if he continues to ignore me then i would have the right to dispute
(I know you are not a posek but i very much appreciate you sharing you're practical opinion )

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2022, 10:39:08 AM »
@Dan do you think that if he continues to ignore me then i would have the right to dispute
I don't think so without you having stipulated it beforehand.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2022, 01:20:50 PM »
I don't think so without you having stipulated it beforehand.
@Dan- even though that by waiting i will loose the opportunity to use it before the anniversary in February? (thank you again for the advice)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »
@Dan- even though that by waiting i will loose the opportunity to use it before the anniversary in February? (thank you again for the advice)
You are trickling out the facts. What day is your card anniversary and when was the charge made?

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2022, 02:11:05 PM »

Just beware before you sell ,to clarify how the buyer will charge your card.
Some people on this forum seem to be playing some kind of shtick and are charging the card to a merchant other than airbnb .
I sold mine a couple of weeks ago to @nirc thinking it would be charged to airbnb  and he charged it to a different merchant. According to capitalone the credit is only for airbnb and some similar companies. He now wants me to wait 2 billing cycles to see if the credit goes through and is ignoring my requests for reimbursement.

what i meant by shtick is that i am assuming he is making money off of it instead of planning a vacation. I his misuse of my credit card  and continued half ignoring of me are the issue. the reason i dealt with him  was precisely because he is a well established member here and his username implies that he is a yeshiva graduate.i had other offers as you can see upthread but chose him because i expected ben tora  behavior

i hear you. My reaction is partly due to the fact that @nirc has not communicated any willingness to compromise or be helpfull.My emails were answered curtly and the closest i got to him acting responsibly was him writing "
i apologize but have done many of these offers so didnt think to bring up.
to my knowledge there is no way to verify
but again, it is not reasonable to expect credit before time stated in terms & conditions has passed"
since then he has simply sterted to ignore me. i dont think that is reasonable behavior that would demand of me to just walk away[/b]

and this is for a guy who has never seriously engaged me with a considerate response and has started ignoring me.
:)

That was all before he even had a chance to talk

Feel free to publicly quote any rude emails i sent you. My emails asking for verification were met with decisive 2 liners that left no room for discussion  This is patently false.This sale was made on the capital one airbnb credit thread you knew it was for that and what you wrote afterword aon the zelle payment is clearly irelevent Terms and conditions clearly state that the credit is only for airbnb and a few other similar companies. Other users report the credit usually appearing within a week .Your assumption that the phone reps don't know anything is your own ,and not one that i have to rely on you're one sided decision that leaves no room for discussion after you charged my credit card for something other than agreed upon is not something i have to agree with.+  I only responded publicly in response to your ignoring me.Feel free to quote where i called you any names .If i had wanted to badmouth you publicly i would have just posted our entire email exchange and all could see who was being rude over here.i didn't do that because it would reveal your email address with a real name .A chargeback is not a threat just my only way getting my money back.  You seem to feel to be the only one entitled to an opinion on the matter .
[/b]

]
He is not willing and i am assuming that is because it was not made for a vacation rental purpose.
[/b]

That makes sense, but @nirc is ignoring me and his only responses are when he is shocked and dismayed that i dare try to elicit his cooperation by calling him out on the forum. My only recourse seems to be to dispute the charge.
[/b]

That took a long time to go through.
Listen, let’s just speak nicely to each other. That’s one thing I really think is more important than 150 dollars, yidden have been able to work around a lot more than that without bashing each other, especially on a public forum.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 02:36:23 PM by Gvann »

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2022, 02:31:29 PM »
Secondly,

It’s already been discussed in this conversation that DDF assumes no liability to any deals gone bad, and does not offer mediation. Only out of @Dan ‘s niceness is he seemingly working to try and offer advice. So really this is not even the only route for you to post all this on, because it technically isn’t even a route in the first place.

Now, I would imagine, though I didn’t see it inside (that sounds yeshivish) that the terms and conditions would say that this offer is not allowed to be sold to someone else. So you have likely violated the terms and conditions much more than he did, if that’s the case, but since a lot of assumptions have been made here already I will assume that I am right. You have said many times that it is not verifiable that the merchant he used is within the terms but you have said that the terms cover similar merchants to Airbnb. Now, it seems that although it is not verifiable that it will trigger the credit, it certainly is also not verifiable within the terms and conditions that it will not trigger the credit (aside from the phone call to representatives, which as @Dan has said numerous times on the forums and on dd website that HUCA is always the way to go, so obviously it is here in writing that phone reps do not know everything (and usually anything)). So to say that he did something out of terms and conditions is basically impossible to say.

Being that you sold the credit which is assumably out of terms and conditions, I would imagine capital one would not allow a dispute, and being that you gave him your credit card I would imagine capital one would not allow a dispute. But your decision to dispute has nothing to do with him.

I also want to say that @nirc responded on this forum publicly to you telling you he will pay you if it doesn’t trigger, he is not mechuyav to answer every single one of your attacks, that’s not called ignoring. Now it could be that’s gonna be after it’s too late to receive the credit, but you can use the credit at Airbnb still and try to get it you don’t have to wait to see if this will trigger. You can use the credits for yourself, and not lose the 200 that you seem very worried about. And if @nirc purchase does trigger than he’ll have helped you cover a significant chunk of the vacation you probably need after all the stress of dealing with this. So both @nirc and @rbs-g1.5 can enjoy a nice vacation. I’m sure there is some nice rentals in northern Israel you would enjoy.

I think what you should have done is not given him your credit card and you booked the reservation yourself and then you could have seen what he was trying to do and decide from there. But this whole tayna that it’s only for Airbnb is really not a good enough complaint. And if you agree that’s it not only for Airbnb then your only option is to wait and see what happens and make Shalom in a couple months. Especially if you’re arguing about terms and conditions because the terms say it could take 2 billing periods.

I feel mashiach getting closer already :)

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2022, 03:34:41 PM »
You are trickling out the facts. What day is your card anniversary and when was the charge made?
sorry about that.the charges were made nov. 27. anniversary is mid february

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »
:)
That was all before he even had a chance to talk
That was all after he had ignored multiple emails from me .
Honestly at this point i am not sure whether you are trying to stir the pot more while pretending to encourage shalom,or are using OpenAI ChatGPT to pull my leg.
As is very clear i have been looking for ways to end this peacefully and have been getting advice on the proper path forward. I don't see why you feel the need for me to re-hash all of the arguments and to re-explain to you when i was ignored or why i feel i am being mistreated. Others on this thread have offered insight some i agreed with and some not ,but all seemed to be looking for shalom. If you truly meant well and  feel that this is the way to bring mashiach then i apologize but  i think you should rethink it a bit.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2022, 03:57:11 PM »
As is very clear i have been looking for ways to end this peacefully and have been getting advice on the proper path forward.

I think my point is that it obviously has not been so clear…
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 04:11:23 PM by Gvann »

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2022, 04:02:31 PM »
That was all after he had ignored multiple emails from me .

It was actually after he responded to your email which you copied and pasted into this thread and I posted above showing he clearly apologized for using it in a way you didn’t want and that there simply is no way to verify if it will clear other than waiting.

All I’m saying is that this is not the place for this activity, and everyone has had their opinions, and almost everyone has told you to wait, your buyer included. I don’t think I have said anything that has been offensive. I wasn’t asking for explanations, rather just responding to your statement that there hasn’t been any negativity, which I think there has been abundance of. I’m not even saying your totally wrong in feeling that you were dealt with in the wrong way. As most people have been saying there is definitely fault on both sides. But the negativity shouldn’t be justified.

I think that this just needs to be played out by waiting and let’s get the chat back to selling again.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 04:19:26 PM by Gvann »

Offline rbs-g1.5

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »
It was actually after he responded to your email which you copied and pasted into this thread and I posted above showing he clearly apologized for using it in a way you didn’t want and that there simply is no way to verify if it will clear other than waiting.
You are misstating the facts but i had enough of answering to your self righteous trolling

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2022, 04:59:31 PM »
Am I missing something? Why not book a refundable Airbnb before the anniversary date? Either the credit has not been triggered and your Airbnb booking will trigger the credit or it will not trigger the credit since the off label use already did and is in the pipeline. You can later cancel the booking without clawback AFAIK.

As for preventing you from using the $200 credit that is probably grama at best and not actionable in beis din. However there would possibly be a chiyuv latzeis yidei shamayim depending on several factors, which is serious enough. As others have said, lower the temperature a bit; it’s only money, and not a huge sum, and there was certainly no malicious intent.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2022, 07:11:31 AM »
Buying all expiring Airbnb credits for 50%. Bookings will be made through the official Airbnb website.

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »
Is there a way to use combine these credits for a longer Airbnb stay aside from making a few short consecutive stays?

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2022, 09:00:59 AM »
Is there a way to use combine these credits for a longer Airbnb stay aside from making a few short consecutive stays?

I tried but I don't believe Airbnb lets you split payments between credit cards anymore.

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2022, 09:33:30 AM »
I tried but I don't believe Airbnb lets you split payments between credit cards anymore.
As of a few months ago, if you booked an expensive enough stay (far enough out), you were able to only pay a deposit (maybe around 50%) at the time of booking, with the balance to be paid closer to the stay, and then you can change the credit card after the deposit posted.

Offline Ankster

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2022, 09:37:11 AM »
As of a few months ago, if you booked an expensive enough stay (far enough out), you were able to only pay a deposit (maybe around 50%) at the time of booking, with the balance to be paid closer to the stay, and then you can change the credit card after the deposit posted.

Thank you! I wonder if the differentiating fact was that my stays were relatively close to when I booked.