Author Topic: Vidanta in Riviera Maya, Cancun! Advice!? Pans and Pots? Food?  (Read 931 times)

Offline User101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Vidanta in Riviera Maya, Cancun! Advice!? Pans and Pots? Food?
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »
Going to Cancun from Sunday, December 5 through Sunday, December 12. We are staying at the Mayan Palace (Vidanta Resort) in Riviera Maya, and wanted to know if anyone will be there right before and has pots and pans, crock pot, etc.

Any advice on what food I should pack? Do the restaurants deliver to the hotel?

Offline ponsey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vidanta in Riviera Maya, Cancun! Advice!? Pans and Pots? Food?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 02:38:00 PM »
I stayed at the Mayan Palace in August and we liked it. I wouldn't expect anything super luxurious for your room, but it is decent enough. The resort itself and the pools are huge and very nice. If you plan to be by the pool/beach allot I would ask at check-in (or by email/call) to be put in a room lower down by the pool area. Otherwise you will need to take a tram (or several) every time you want to go to the pool which can be a pain.

In terms of food, we really loved Moshe Cube restaurant - their prices were extremely affordable and the food was delicious. They served classic israeli style food - schwarma, shnitzel etc. Really fresh and really tasty. I believe delivery to the hotel is around $10. You can whatsapp them with questions or your order and they respond pretty quickly. Chabad also does food delivery I believe, but we stuck to Moshe Cube mostly because of the big price difference. We actually ordered food for Shabbat from Moshe Cube as well and they delivered Friday afternoon like 2 hours before Shabbat

I'm not sure if you plan on going out of the hotel much or if you are renting a car, but we enjoyed going to playa del carmen and walking around the shops, going to the big grocery stores, and eating at the restaurants there. To get to Playa del Carmen you can either grab a taxi from the hotel for about $40, or use the hotel taxi group taxi which lumps like ten people in a van for about $5 per person each way (the hotel has a pamphlet with the departure times). We also took a day trip on the ferry to Cozumel for snorkeling and rented a car.

Feel free to PM with any questions! Enjoy the trip