Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: kapote
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2022, 07:25:15 AM »
considering it's on his website and store, I'd say it's the same

Kapotas.com his Sacco? I wasn’t aware, oops. I didn’t even notice the logo at the top when clicking the link.

What’s the best value for people looking for reasonable quality wool/wool-blend Kapotas?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2022, 11:19:32 PM »
I ended up getting a cheap wool kapoto from Valenti (Montgomery and Kingston) for $169 off the rack + approx $25 for alterations.
I'm not expecting it to be long lasting or durable, but didn't want to spend $500+

Offline tmendy226

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2022, 11:30:12 PM »
Getting a Shemtov kapota should be required for every chosson. Not for the kapota, but for the life-altering experience.

I went to yisroel Shemtov before my wedding but he didn’t want to sell it to me after I told him that I wanted something slim fit and didn’t want the kapota to reach my fit lol

What’s the point of wearing a wool kapota?

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2022, 11:34:13 PM »

I went to yisroel Shemtov before my wedding but he didn’t want to sell it to me after I told him that I wanted something slim fit and didn’t want the kapota to reach my fit lol

I told you to go for the experience, not the kapota, so you got it without even needing to pay! Win win

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2022, 11:39:17 PM »
If you're looking for rockbottom price silk and get what you pay for
https://kapotas.com/collections/kapotas-1/products/chinese-silk

This is probably the dame product that
was awful quality and Mendy would not let me buy it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2022, 08:02:30 AM »
Every time I was buying they didn't have. Either my size wasn't available, and one time they had a different batch which was awful quality and Mendy would not let me buy it.

But they had it in stock and would gladly pocket $180 from an unsuspecting stranger in exchange for helping them clear out this shoddy inventory.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2022, 09:39:22 AM »
But they had it in stock and would gladly pocket $180 from an unsuspecting stranger in exchange for helping them clear out this shoddy inventory.

Perhaps, or go and try for yourself and see what he says. I think anyone willing to pay 180 for silk which is clearly labeled as "Chinese" and is visibly garbage, knows exactly what they are getting.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2022, 11:39:23 AM »
Perhaps, or go and try for yourself and see what he says. I think anyone willing to pay 180 for silk which is clearly labeled as "Chinese" and is visibly garbage, knows exactly what they are getting.

So then don’t position it as MSRP $450 limited time offer, tell people it’s a bad batch and let them decide. But that won’t sell, so let’s mislead people and ignore the first question that’s asked when someone gets to heaven (HT Shabbos 31a).

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2022, 11:45:23 AM »
So then don’t position it as MSRP $450 limited time offer, tell people it’s a bad batch and let them decide. But that won’t sell, so let’s mislead people and ignore the first question that’s asked when someone gets to heaven (HT Shabbos 31a).
Perhaps, or go to the store and see what he says before doling out accusations. You are the only human I've ever heard of who looks at a website msrp as a meaningful number. The average watch that sells for <$50 online has an msrp of >$500.

Even if the item is garbage, $180 is a fair price for a garbage kapota. The other stores that are selling silk for the same price are selling the same crap and no one thinks they're getting a bargain. Anyone buying a silk kapota knows they usually cost well over 4-500

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2022, 12:26:53 PM »
Perhaps, or go to the store and see what he says before doling out accusations. You are the only human I've ever heard of who looks at a website msrp as a meaningful number. The average watch that sells for <$50 online has an msrp of >$500.

Even if the item is garbage, $180 is a fair price for a garbage kapota. The other stores that are selling silk for the same price are selling the same crap and no one thinks they're getting a bargain. Anyone buying a silk kapota knows they usually cost well over 4-500

I’m not doling out accusations, someone reported upthread that they were advised not to buy based on the quality, that isn’t reflected at all in the COLlive “communicated content” article unless your reading-comprehension skills are in the @Yehuda57 league.

IOW, all I’m saying is that your report upthread doesn’t seem consistent with the COLlive article, that’s it.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2022, 01:19:58 PM »
I’m not doling out accusations,

Go read your comment again. It was very harsh and definitely accused him of dishonesty.

someone reported upthread that they were advised not to buy based on the quality, that isn’t reflected at all in the COLlive “communicated content” article unless your reading-comprehension skills are in the @Yehuda57 league.

IOW, all I’m saying is that your report upthread doesn’t seem consistent with the COLlive article, that’s it.
There was no COL article mentioned here, and communicated content is an ad, not an article. Nothing dishonest about advertising a garbage kapote for $180 and not calling it garbage. That's a ridiculous standard to expect.

You're reading way too much into my friend advising me to pay more for better quality rather than pay bobkes for garbage.

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
The msrp on the website is what others on the avenue charge for similar garbage, and what they charged for it before going to clearance

Offline lcm

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2022, 08:42:22 PM »
Multiple friends were told when they asked about the cheapest one that they don't want it, not people they know personally