Author Topic: Chris wallace  (Read 15850 times)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Chris wallace
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2021, 09:19:11 AM »
2 - Toxic work environment (not liking the direction the network was going).
Might wanna break this into 2

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2021, 09:20:58 AM »
If someone is doing very well financially, and they like their job/work environment they won't leave for money.
Are you saying this from personal experience ?

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »
If someone is doing very well financially, and they like their job/work environment they won't leave for money. But if you don't like it anyway, yes money will most likely draw you away.
That depends how much they like it and how much money
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2021, 09:36:54 AM »
Add in there- wanted a career change
#3?
Might wanna break this into 2
Break it into as many you want.

I just want to see how many lives revolve around money.  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2021, 09:40:47 AM »
If someone is doing very well financially, and they like their job/work environment they won't leave for money. But if you don't like it anyway, yes money will most likely draw you away.

Source? We see this happen all the time. His contract ended, he was comparing offers. Even if he liked the work environment, he wouldn't necessarily accept a lower offer to stick around, especially if he felt Fox was low-balling him.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2021, 09:43:53 AM »
Interesting definition of "toxic work environment"...
When you are a real news person and the face of your network is now a conspiracy theorist don't you think that qualifies as both? A toxic work environment and the direction the network is going?

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »
When you are a real news person and the face of your network is now a conspiracy theorist don't you think that qualifies as both? A toxic work environment and the direction the network is going?
I don't follow Fox or CNN, and have no opinion on Chris Wallace (I think I only know of him from the debates) but CNN seems far more toxic at the moment than anywhere. Earlier this year there was a leak of conversations that didn't seem to make them look very good, and one of their top spots was just fired and is being accused of sexual misconduct. A senior producer or the like, was just arrested for inappropriate sexual conduct with an underage girl. If I'm Wallace, I'd probably retire rather than move on to new toxicity. While fox may be everything you say it is, there are many people (tens of millions) who just like CNN and every news network, believe that they are doing good reporting. Because one disagrees, doesn't mean it's factual.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2021, 09:53:11 AM »
Source?
Where is your source for your information this was about money?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
I don't follow Fox or CNN, and have no opinion on Chris Wallace (I think I only know of him from the debates) but CNN seems far more toxic at the moment than anywhere. Earlier this year there was a leak of conversations that didn't seem to make them look very good, and one of their top spots was just fired and is being accused of sexual misconduct. A senior producer or the like, was just arrested for inappropriate sexual conduct with an underage girl. If I'm Wallace, I'd probably retire rather than move on to new toxicity. While fox may be everything you say it is, there are many people (tens of millions) who just like CNN and every news network, believe that they are doing good reporting. Because one disagrees, doesn't mean it's factual.
You want to compare CNN and FOX for things like sextual misconduct? Refresh my memory but weren't FOX people at the very top involved in these scandals?

Tucker is #1 at FOX.
Major news people at FOX including CW have called him out.
This is not disagreeing but presenting facts. Now you can believe these facts have nothing to do with what is going on but that doesn't change the facts.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2021, 10:03:43 AM »
You want to compare CNN and FOX for things like sextual misconduct? Refresh my memory but weren't FOX people at the very top involved in these scandals?

Tucker is #1 at FOX.
Major news people at FOX including CW have called him out.
This is not disagreeing but presenting facts. Now you can believe these facts have nothing to do with going on but that doesn't change the facts.
I'm not comparing, just pointing out that toxic can be used to describe most of these networks work environments. To attribute that to someone leaving seems wrong. Also, calling out someone because you disagree with them means nothing. People call others out all day, and some are legitimate claims while others are garbage.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
I'm not comparing, just pointing out that toxic can be used to describe most of these networks work environments. To attribute that to someone leaving seems wrong. Also, calling out someone because you disagree with them means nothing. People call others out all day, and some are legitimate claims while others are garbage.
When respected news people call out their own it means something. To dismiss everything as being the same is ridicules.
It is no different than any other situation. You give different weight to different things/people.

When a network has respected people leaving for another network the question of course is going to be, why?   

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2021, 10:26:38 AM »
When respected news people call out their own it means something. To dismiss everything as being the same is ridicules.
It is no different than any other situation. You give different weight to different things/people.

When a network has respected people leaving for another network the question of course is going to be, why?
I'm not disagreeing that it begs a question, but when you leave a toxic environment for another toxic environment, I would definitely not use the "toxic work place" as reasoning for a switch. That is the only point I'm trying to make.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2021, 10:36:59 AM »
I'm not disagreeing that it begs a question, but when you leave a toxic environment for another toxic environment, I would definitely not use the "toxic work place" as reasoning for a switch. That is the only point I'm trying to make.
Ok fair point. The problem is you are equating the two places. We have no idea if CW views it the same way.

So you believe it was a money issue?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2021, 10:40:50 AM »
Ok fair point. The problem is you are equating the two places. We have no idea if CW views it the same way.

So you believe it was a money issue?
I'm not saying they are equal by any stretch, they are different. I'm just pointing out that they both can be labled "extremely toxic" if not looked at through rose colored glasses.

Money? I believe it always talks. I have no idea if it was a factor here, but I don't think it's wrong to say it factored in. I am someone who believes I live my life as detached from money as I can, but that doesn't mean that the right number won't push me, even if I fight it.

I have no clue what might drive Chris, but if he is a good man, I hope he does well, and if not, well, I hope he has a nice retirement.

Offline shmoe joe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2021, 10:54:17 AM »
Hope he has such a מפלה like Megan Kelly I really liked her Kelly file and when she left for nbc nobody has yet replaced her on fox. But she’s left without a job except if you call podcasting a job. Same will be now Chris, he was awed by the media only because he was an anchor at fox and was leaning to the left but once he gets to cnn and by their standards he’s more right and all other anchors at cnn are all ultra left he’ll get all the hammered.
P.s. it was so much fun seeing stelter yesterday getting the news that Wallace is going to cnn like we all did , he had no previous notice same has happened when coumo got fired from cnn  stelter knew nothing ahead. And also you just have to love the how Obvious it was notable it was that he wants coumo job😂
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
I have no clue what might drive Chris, but if he is a good man, I hope he does well, and if not, well, I hope he has a nice retirement.
We are basically all guessing why he left.
I do find it odd (not really) why you called me out for my position but not others for theirs when we are all guessing.  ;)

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »
We are basically all guessing why he left.
I do find it odd (not really) why you called me out for my position but not others for theirs when we are all guessing.  ;)
Because I wasn't calling out guessing. I see no reason why $ wouldn't be a driving factor, even if it may not be in this case, it's pretty typical for it to be. The toxicity was the only point I was refuting and you were the one who was saying it.

I think this whole thread is a bunch of emotion driven guessing with some fact sprinkled in to be honest, some more fact than emotion, and some more emotion than fact.

I think I made my point, and I think we agreed on it to some degree. It most definitely had nothing to do with you personally. I think the answer is pretty self explanatory.

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2021, 11:08:54 AM »
I do find it odd (not really) why you called me out for my position but not others for theirs when we are all guessing.

Let me guess, you think @as2 called you out because you aren't Jewish, right? There can't possibly be any other explanation...

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »
Let me guess, you think @as2 called you out because you aren't Jewish, right? There can't possibly be any other explanation...
Wait, I am not Jewish?
Why is that? Because I don't believe it is a money issue?  :P

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »
Where is your source for your information this was about money?

What? My request for a source here is for general behavior as stated by OP, not regarding CW.

This has been my stance throughout, when no reason is given by either side, one can assume the primary concern in choosing an employer is compensation. Of course, people make decisions for all kinds of reasons, and will often take pay cuts for other considerations. And the same could be true for CW. But if there was an ideological consideration he would either say so or say something like "decided to go in a different direction". You have also waffled in this thread about whether people at Fox wanted him out or if they were blindsided. If they wanted him out because he wasn't being pro-Trump enough or whatever, why wouldn't they say they wanted to go in a different direction?

And you left out Toobin and probably others.

Looking back at the Trump-Russia reporting with all the info we have now, it's clear that CNN reports conspiracy theories just as much as Tucker, except they do it under the guise of objective news coverage and not opinion journalism. And when a story doesn't fit the narrative, it gets called a "conspiracy theory", which leads to people believing actual conspiracy theories. If you say the lab leak is a conspiracy when it is a very plausible story, or if the ivermectin people are taking is "horse paste" and not a medicine prescribed to humans for ages, why shouldn't the anti vax stuff you are labeling as conspiracy be true?

When respected news people call out their own it means something.

The question is why the other side is not calling out their own. CNN even has an entire show to speak just about media and they focus an absurd percentage of their focus on FOX, and when one of their biggest personalities was let go, all they did was repost the official CNN statement and not say a word about the ethics or misconduct. When Cuomo did a whole show emerging from his basement after covid when there was a police report showing he had been out and about with covid, who on his network called him out?

The ironic thing about this is that I watch neither network and think they are both contemptible. The media as a whole is responsible for much of the societal decay and highly partisan nature of our politics. This whole argument is because all networks have poisoned our collective minds.