Author Topic: Getting Amazon Promos After They End...  (Read 7819 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Getting Amazon Promos After They End...
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »
My wife's laptop just died today (BD"H) and I've had my eye on the Portege 13.3", but the Amazon $50 GC promo just ended.

Ordered it with the GC, chatted with them, got the GC for free, no questions asked.

Chat will also credit back price adjustments within 30 days if you threaten to cancel.  Great CS and even better not having to PUTPAC.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: Getting Amazon Promos After They End...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:28 AM »
My wife's laptop just died today (BD"H) and I've had my eye on the Portege 13.3", but the Amazon $50 GC promo just ended.

Ordered it with the GC, chatted with them, got the GC for free, no questions asked.

Chat will also credit back price adjustments within 30 days if you threaten to cancel.  Great CS and even better not having to PUTPAC.
And 5% on ur freedom?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:59 AM »
And 5% on ur freedom?
Nah, AMEX warranty is worth more than 5% to me.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
I'd say this method is YMMV, I doubt it will work in all cases, though I did do it successfully for get free bundled items after Amazon no longer offered them for free.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »

Agreed about excellent CS, but the price adjustments does not always work. I ordered a video game for $49.95 and saw it a few hours later at Game Stop for $39.95 (before it had even shipped). Chatted with Amazon, let them know about the price difference, and they refused to do anything even when I asked them to cancel the order. I was shocked, very unAmazon like.

My best Amazon CS story was when I ordered a 12 inch storage unit shelf thingy. When I got it I realized I need 15'. I went to process the return, clicked the return items button, and when prompted I gave the reason of "Ordered wrong item", to which Amazon responded: "Great news! As a longtime valued customer of Amazon, we will refund the full purchase price of the item, and we will allow you to keep this item anyway!" My mind was blown.

I've also had a couple times where chat got me $5 credits for complaining about issues. I love Amazon.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
For sure YMMV, as is price adjustments.  I've pretty much always had success on the first time with amazon chat, but I could see it taking a few times if you are less persuasive or get a mean rep.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
Agreed about excellent CS, but the price adjustments does not always work. I ordered a video game for $49.95 and saw it a few hours later at Game Stop for $39.95 (before it had even shipped). Chatted with Amazon, let them know about the price difference, and they refused to do anything even when I asked them to cancel the order. I was shocked, very unAmazon like.
Amazon doesn't price-match except on TVs.
Price Adjustments are when the Amazon price falls within 30 days of you buying an item.  They used to always offer this but now they do only unofficially once you threaten to return/rebuy instead, which costs them more than just honoring their current price.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
For sure YMMV, as is price adjustments.  I've pretty much always had success on the first time with amazon chat, but I could see it taking a few times if you are less persuasive or get a mean rep.

If they won't refund you back $$ you might have an easier time asking for amazon credit

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
If they won't refund you back $$ you might have an easier time asking for amazon credit
Or HUCA. (Hang up, chat again ;) )

Offline norma

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »

Sorry for my Am haratzus but what does PUTPAC stand for?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
I recently have gotten a bunch of $4, $5, and $10 credits from amazon for little issues or not even. I got $10 basically just for asking lol. Do you think they keep records and down the line I will have a harder time with them if something goes wrong?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:40 AM »
I recently have gotten a bunch of $4, $5, and $10 credits from amazon for little issues or not even. I got $10 basically just for asking lol. Do you think they keep records and down the line I will have a harder time with them if something goes wrong?

I'm not sure if they keep records or not, but search the internet and you'll find people who Amazon has blacklisted due to too many returns, credits, etc.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mow

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »
I just recently bought my wife a bracelet and it dropped 30 bucks a week later called them up and they told me to return it and buy another one

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
Getting Amazon Promos After They End...
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:48 AM »
I'm not sure if they keep records or not, but search the internet and you'll find people who Amazon has blacklisted due to too many returns, credits, etc.

I have heard of people getting banned because of returns but not from too many credits

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »
I think getting too many credits is also an Amazon A/A risk.

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »
My best Amazon CS story was when I ordered a 12 inch storage unit shelf thingy. When I got it I realized I need 15'. I went to process the return, clicked the return items button, and when prompted I gave the reason of "Ordered wrong item", to which Amazon responded: "Great news! As a longtime valued customer of Amazon, we will refund the full purchase price of the item, and we will allow you to keep this item anyway!" My mind was blown.
This just happened to me again!
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
Probably would cost them almost as much to pay for UPS pickup.

Offline Armadillo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
I had a problem with the mp3 credits 2 weeks ago (5.29). It disappeared from my account when I made my order. I called a week later and they reinstated the credit, added $2 for the mp3s4all which I hadn't used. I told them I hadn't used it b/c I was trying to work out the 5.29 first (even though le'maaseh they don't work together). I ended up with $7.29 in credit - with no expiration date. Then they added a dollar credit because the album I wanted had gone up a dollar in the meanwhile.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
Just as a pointer amazon is known to ban for life for getting credits or returning often. Just google it.