Author Topic: AA Shutdown  (Read 948 times)

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
AA Shutdown
« on: December 14, 2021, 06:58:22 PM »
I discovered this morning that my account was shutdown more than a year ago  ;D
All miles accrued was via flying. I had approximately 30K. Then my miles expired.
To reactivated my miles, I purchased an unused car rental receipt on DDF.
I don't usually fly AA so that's why I didn't realize until today.
When I try to add my FFN in the airoirt, the agent advised me that it couldn't be added and that I should contact Advantage CS.
I contacted them today and they sent me this email:

Dear Ad120,
My name is Alex Hall, and I am an analyst with American Airlines. One of my responsibilities is investigating possible instances of fraud, misrepresentation, and violations of the General AAdvantage® Program Conditions. Today, I’m writing you about your AAdvantage® account # XXXXXXX.
An investigation determined you had been involved in violations of the General AAdvantage® Program Conditions, related to the accrual of ineligible miles and benefits in the AAdvantage® Program, through fraud, misrepresentation, and/or abuse of the AAdvantage® Program. Per the AAdvantage® program governing terms:

Mileage will be credited only to the account of the AAdvantage® member who flies, rents a car, stays at a hotel, or earns mileage utilizing other participating companies.

Furthermore, fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of applicable rules (including, but not limited to, American or American Eagle® conditions of carriage, tariffs and AAdvantage® program rules) is subject to administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and American Airlines. Such action may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all award tickets and any accrued mileage in a member's account, as well as termination of the account and the member's future participation in the AAdvantage® program.

As such, we exercised our right to terminate AAdvantage® account # XXXXXXX. All membership benefits associated with this account, including all remaining miles and issued award tickets, have been forfeited. You are no longer eligible to participate in the AAdvantage® program.

Regards,

A. Hall
Analyst, Corporate Security
American Airlines

Anything to do about this?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:42:11 PM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: AA Shutdown
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 09:30:41 AM »
A friend of mine recently opened an AAdvantage account and the Aviator CC to get the unadvertised 60K bonus for $1 spend, but was never able to access his account. After calling them, it turns out that 10 years ago he allowed a friend to open an account under his name, and the friend sold the miles to a broker which resulted in the account being shut down, so any future attempt to open accounts will be immediately rejected.
He’s in touch with them to try to appeal, I’ll post here if he’s successful.

Many lessons learned.

Offline Yakov15

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 11:30:29 AM »
A friend of mine recently opened an AAdvantage account and the Aviator CC to get the unadvertised 60K bonus for $1 spend, but was never able to access his account. After calling them, it turns out that 10 years ago he allowed a friend to open an account under his name, and the friend sold the miles to a broker which resulted in the account being shut down, so any future attempt to open accounts will be immediately rejected.
He’s in touch with them to try to appeal, I’ll post here if he’s successful.

Many lessons learned.
His Barclays account was shutdown because he sold AA points? Or they found out it wasn’t him who opened the account?

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »
His Barclays account was shutdown because he sold AA points? Or they found out it wasn’t him who opened the account?
No. His Barclays account is still open, but they can’t transfer the points to AA since he can’t open an AA account.